Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
{{{{potclanger}}}} I know honey, it really does!!

africhef, of course you can vent about that, lord, so would I!! Poor thing!!

Potclanger..........I lost a Mother, aged 30, and a favorite aunt at age 55, though 45 when first found, and an aunt found hers in time at age 55........all breast cancer victims............I agree with you.......cancer sucks!!! We're all here for you or for your friend of family member.........vent anytime you want to..............

Africhef,
this is the place for all of us to vent, be it big vents or small they are all important to us and to have a place to talk to others who understand helps so much.
kadesma

Frustrated with the Notebook keyboard ! One of the keys came off and I still can't get it back on the keyboard. I did a google and found how to do it but I could not get the stupid key back on !

africhef I think those 2 appliances are in cahoots....
same 2 went on me last year, same week.
:(
bad week.

wish i had more energy. makes me crazy not to get things done in a timely manner. when i was younger i went like gang-busters all day. now not so much. take vitamins , eat well, sleep and nap. i know it is getting older but i still hate hate hate it.

Babetoo, as long as it gets done, thats as timely manner as you need to get it! Relax and do as you please when you please, whose going to tell you differently?!? ;)

because we spend our entire lives hurrying to get nowhere....fast. And if we slow down we are riddled with guilt!

I say stop, smell the roses and enjoy!

you know, I had a friend and neighbor who could not sit still without feeling gulity---told me so.......even when she sat down at night she always had quilting or sewing in her hands........on the weekends she and her hubby had their "chores".........her house was spotless and her lawn was immaculate.......I never ever.......ever.........saw her rest to smell the flowers...........when her son got married and relatives were in town (they stayed at a hotel) she was out everyday raking leaves before they came over.........in all the 10 years that I knew her only 2 of us actually could get her out to take a leisurely lunch and yet she was antsy to get back home and to her chores.........in the middle of the summer in Houston you'd see her out their limping pushing a lawnmower twice a week in the sauna-heat.........didn't have to........they were more than well-off and trying to save even more and not once did she ever use the dishwasher........her pantry was labeled and alpaphabetized.......OCD??????)obsessive compulsive disorder???? in case she didn't know I was enough of a big mouthed friend to tell her so---she agreed but she reminded me of the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland..........and then sadly she passed away a month back from a massive heart-attack triggered by a stroke.......g-d I could smack her.........mowing that perfect blasted lawn in 100 degree weather at her age and with mild hypertension the day before .........I'm still mad at her ............
Deelady is right..........stop and smell the roses and stop sweating the small stuff......ok, that's enough of a vent for me.......

I have to say that the restaurants in my small town are getting boring. What has become my real pet peeve is the noise level. By that I mean "music". Several times in recent months I've gone to the owner or manager and asked them this: Do you see the people in this room? Have you noticed that I (at age 53) am the youngest person in your restaurant? So why can I not even speak over the "music" that your twenty-something bartender loaded in the juke box? Do you even care? I've several places I do not go to any more because of the noise level.

By the way, cancer isn't a minor problem. Too loud music is a P-in-the-A, but my mom lives with cancer every day. I suspect that we will all live with cancer; we're living longer. So are hearts are with you.

I agree about the music Claire. I have had to ask others at the table to repeat themselves because I couldn't hear them over the music. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often. I did ask them to turn down the music in a small restaurant once. It was a boom-box and not piped in. There were only a few people in there, and it was so loud that my friend and I couldn't hear each other. When I asked them to turn it down they did with no complaints.

:)Barbara

By the way, cancer isn't a minor problem. Too loud music is a P-in-the-A, but my mom lives with cancer every day. I suspect that we will all live with cancer; we're living longer. So are hearts are with you.
Definitely. My mom's parents both died of cancer, and my prayers are with anyone having to go through it themselves or having to go through it with someone they love.

:flowers:Barbara

IMHO----loud music belongs in clubs and not restaurants........here not only do many restaurants charge for your firstborn but they have TV screens everywhere and we're talking upscale restaurants not family style or Chuck-E-Cheese types and blaring volumes.........they are fascinated by flat screens here..........most are happy to oblige me when I ask them to turn it down and I always follow it with a nice smile (I could care less about the tv's being on) so I'm happy..........

Claire, your mom is very lucky to have you look out for her.........cancer affects the entire family in more ways than one.........just having to watch the person deal and confront the myriad of emotions, treatments, and day to day living can be exhausting.......know we're here for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom