Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alix said:
Oh kadesma, what a crappy day! Thank goodness for those loving arms you had with you all day. Heres one more hug {{{{{{{{{{kadesma}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks Alix,
that helps a lot too.:) I hate being a whinner, but being able to come here shapes me up in no time...

kadesma

Barb L. said:
So sorry for your horrible day, but glad you have your darlings with you - Grandchildren can brighten and make your day ! Your Moms Roses with be awesome this year ! Enjoy
Thanks Barb,
I'm sure that those roses are going to out do themselves this next bloom..Things will be fine. Yep having the little ones helps so much, just looking at those little faces, you forget your troubles and just have to return smile for smile...

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Because of county rules, now that my mother has passed, we cannot keep the mobile home she lived in on our 8 acres..

this is the part of kads' post that really bothers me. For pete's sake, it's private property!

Why does the county care what structures you have on it, occupied or not?

mudbug said:
this is the part of kads' post that really bothers me. For pete's sake, it's private property!

Why does the county care what structures you have on it, occupied or not?
They do bug,
each year we had to get a doctors written request to use the home to care for our parents..Plus we have a neighbor how is constantly into everyones business..They hound the county each year about that home..Seems her dad wanted to park a large motor home on her property and the county said no as it was not on a foundation, so they turn us in every year and every year we get an okay..The minute my mom passed away, this same neighbor, called the county and reported it as an empty home...Poor thing has nothing better to do..So, we had to get rid of the home..We asked if it could be turned into an office, gym type thing, but no, I think they are afraid we will let someone live there and they won't get the tax money!! Who knows..Now if we ever need living assistance, we have to shell out for another home and then try to get an okay..Such are the rules around this neck of the woods...The grouches rule the roost..They feel if they don't have it you can't either!!:)

kadesma

Sorry, kads, but you live in a stupid county. And have an even worse neighbor. My sympathies.

Not that I should talk - we have the homeowners' associations here in Subdivisionland, aka the House Nazis. They get to dictate what kind of fence you put around your yard, how much fence you get to put up, the colors you paint your house, yada, yada.

I could put up with it thinking that at least it's different when you have some acreage (which we will, someday), but your experience has disillusioned me.

mudbug said:
Sorry, kads, but you live in a stupid county. And have an even worse neighbor. My sympathies.

Not that I should talk - we have the homeowners' associations here in Subdivisionland, aka the House Nazis. They get to dictate what kind of fence you put around your yard, how much fence you get to put up, the colors you paint your house, yada, yada.

I could put up with it thinking that at least it's different when you have some acreage (which we will, someday), but your experience has disillusioned me.
I agree, some of the rules are really foolish..But you do learn to live with them..At least being on 8 acres, my neighbor is far enough away that I can just ignore her..So don't let this change your mind about having land of your own..I wouldn't trade it for anything..My girls both have their first nice homes and as nice and big as they are, they have next door neighbors you can reach out and almost touch the homes are so close..Oh for the days of a beautiful large home with enough acrage around it so you can have a nice lawn, trees and a good sized area for flowers and not knock knees with your neighbors! Dream on dream on:)

kadesma

Oh, kadesma, what inconsiderate goobers! I'm sorry you had such a nasty experience. However, I think if you give the roses a good hard prune they'll be just fine. Many roses are hardier than we can imagine. Sending hugs to you so you can feel a little better.:)

Katie E said:
Oh, kadesma, what inconsiderate goobers! I'm sorry you had such a nasty experience. However, I think if you give the roses a good hard prune they'll be just fine. Many roses are hardier than we can imagine. Sending hugs to you so you can feel a little better.:)
Thanks Katie,
I realize that I just acted out of shock and hurt..But sunday to me has always been the day of rest so the movers showing up on a sunday really got me. Plus the fact that they were asked to please let us know the date and time..They didn't..Oh well, live and learn..I'm pretty sure the roses will be fine. My son-in-law is coming tonight and we will prune and see what happens..Fingers crossed:)

kadesma

Kads, how did you and your SIL make out with the roses?

Well, both Sofie and DH ended up at the doctor's yesterday afternoon. Sofie has the roto-virus and is cutting two molars. I was told that since she has a sensitive tummy to begin with (reflux, etc) it will probably take her longer to get over her virus than normal. They said not to be surprised if it's another good week or so.:ohmy: She's trying hard to be her normal busy and chipper self but like anyone when you don't feel well you're grouchy. She's been getting into trouble left and right and I feel like all I've been doing is saying "no.":( All she wants is me. Even when I'm holding her or when she's asleep all she says over and over is "mama, mama." Sweet but it gets on your nerves after awhile too (especially when you hear it from 2--4 AM:wacko: ).

Then there's poor Nathan. He has the stomach flu and pneumonia!!! We knew he had a nasty cough but sure didn't expect that. He was told to take at least today off from work (the doc gave him a note for yesterday and today) and his boss is giving him the worst time about not being there and has made it very, very clear that he better be there tomorrow. He's so weak and sick I don't know how he'll do it. What a rotten job.:mad:

I'm surprisingly staying relatively healthy. Guess I don't have a choice!:rolleyes: I'm just beat (and the teensyist bit stressed!:LOL: ).

oh mygosh, my best friend currently has pneumonia and she has stayed in the house for over one week. She has neighbors taking care of the livestock and even refilling the bird feeders, she is so weak. Hope EVERYBODY starts to feel normal again real soon!!

Poor Sofie and Nathan.....hope they feel better soon. I hated it when my kids were little because you just feel so darn helpless when they look up at you and you've literally don't everything you can for them medically. They'll be in my prayers.

You better start drinking the OJ to fight off any of the germs that are floating around you.....that is if your not a diabetic ;). Heck break out the Lysol and bath in it.... you have a serious germ war taking place :LOL:

PA Baker said:
Kads, how did you and your SIL make out with the roses?

Well, both Sofie and DH ended up at the doctor's yesterday afternoon. Sofie has the roto-virus and is cutting two molars. I was told that since she has a sensitive tummy to begin with (reflux, etc) it will probably take her longer to get over her virus than normal. They said not to be surprised if it's another good week or so.:ohmy: She's trying hard to be her normal busy and chipper self but like anyone when you don't feel well you're grouchy. She's been getting into trouble left and right and I feel like all I've been doing is saying "no.":( All she wants is me. Even when I'm holding her or when she's asleep all she says over and over is "mama, mama." Sweet but it gets on your nerves after awhile too (especially when you hear it from 2--4 AM:wacko: ).

Then there's poor Nathan. He has the stomach flu and pneumonia!!! We knew he had a nasty cough but sure didn't expect that. He was told to take at least today off from work (the doc gave him a note for yesterday and today) and his boss is giving him the worst time about not being there and has made it very, very clear that he better be there tomorrow. He's so weak and sick I don't know how he'll do it. What a rotten job.:mad:

I'm surprisingly staying relatively healthy. Guess I don't have a choice!:rolleyes: I'm just beat (and the teensyist bit stressed!:LOL: ).
Pa,
so far the roses are doing fine..We cut them way way back and there is no wilting or anything..We should be fine..
Wish I could help you with Sofie, poor little one..Sore mouth, rumble tummy and Nathan gee whiz, I'd not worry about his boss I know you have to worry, but he could end up in a hospital if he isn't careful with pneumonia..That one that is going around is really nasty, it took me well over a month to 8 weeks to lose the cough..And he will just run out of gas easy..So getting well is really important before going back to work..Have my fingers crossed for all of you and some hugs too...

kadesma

Thanks, everyone! I sure needed those hugs and could feel every one!:) :)

Sof ate some dinner tonight and had a little more happy pep then she's had in awhile. Maybe one's one the road to recovery.

Kads, I made your MIL's soup and it's SO good! It's our family's new "sick soup." Thanks so much!!!

PA Baker said:
Thanks, everyone! I sure needed those hugs and could feel every one!:) :)

Sof ate some dinner tonight and had a little more happy pep then she's had in awhile. Maybe one's one the road to recovery.

Kads, I made your MIL's soup and it's SO good! It's our family's new "sick soup." Thanks so much!!!
I'm glad you liked it Pa, it seems to help and it's easy on the tummy...

kadesma:)

I hope your kids get better soon PABaker. It's hard when the little ones are sick. Our 4 year old is down with the flu and and tonsilitis. We had to come back early from our Spring Break vacation since he had a high fever. I don't like this flu and rotavirus season. I will say a prayer for your kids for a speedy recovery.

I hope Sofie & Nathan are better soon PA!{{{HUGS}}} I'd love to give his boss a swift kick in the rear !! Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!

crewsk said:
I hope Sofie & Nathan are better soon PA!{{{HUGS}}} I'd love to give his boss a swift kick in the rear !! Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!

LOL....I started reading this and my eyes started getting wider and wider all the while thinking "Oh no she doesn't"....Oh please tell me you don't bath in it :LOL: . 103 or not I'm gonna pass on that tip...;)

crewsk said:
Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!

my eyes were getting wide on this too, i'm thinking, ouch, ooouuuuhhh, my what would that do to your skin. Then i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long:LOL:

bethzaring said:
i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long:LOL:

:LOL: That's gotta be it, Beth!:ROFLMAO:

As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up):mad: . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room!:angry: He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom