Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Barbara and pds! I think she is feeling better, just had an apple and peanut butter. And being she slept all day..... she is not tired! Where's that thankful thread at? She is chattering away and playing with a globe. "why do your fingers get wrinkly in the bathtub", "how do you say ant-arctica"
teacher.gif
yak yak yak!

Just be happy that your not in our family. OK One person gets sick then another until a month later we are finally over it! It is horrible! :unhappy:But we are not sick right now. :clap:

What I am mad about is my little sisters :devilish::devilish::devilish:got into my photos and scattered them everywhere!!!:angry:

Cameron

OK, new vent for me. Just petty stuff. Squished a finger moving the treadmill, been van free all morning while the tailpipe gets fixed, can't find something I wanted, then totally :censored: the peanut butter cookies I was making. Now I have a batch of cinnamon bun dough rising and I can't help wondering what I will end up doing to THAT. LOL.

Thanks. I feel better now. AHHHHHH!

Alix, I feel for you going without your transportation. After a really good time at the farm for a week, Dh woke Sunday morning when we were to come home and had a very bad attack of vertigo. Needless to say, he couldn't drive. I had to call dd and dgd and have them drive up to drive my car home and I drove the truck home. On the way back, the brake lights on the car stayed on, the cruise control stopped working and the a/c stopped. I got it out of the shop yesterday (and should have driven it today to make sure it worked). Dh is ok now, thank goodness, although he has mostly piddled around the house this week taking it easy.

I told them I didn't want to put up Christmas crap, I told them, they wouldn't listen, so, after getting griped at for 2 weeks, I went ahead and got it out of the attic. Put up prelit tree, and low and behold, 1/2 the lights don't work. Aynone else have a prelit? They are a #$%&* to check lights, so, we checked lights, fuses, plugs, still don't work:censored: So guess where the tree is now????
I don't want ANY christmas stuff in my house. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
DH says, go buy a new one. You know, a while back, I would have jumped in the car in a second and done just that. But, being grown up:furious: like I'm suppose to be, I said no, we can't afford it. So, today sucks and I just want to go back to bed. Thanks for listening! This is another reason I HATE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texasgirl, we've all had days like this. I like to go into a dark quiet room and sit awhile till I'm ready to go back out to face the world. Hang in there.

img_199995_0_3d1e6afc1907514fcc14e23f457420cc.gif

Thanks wasabi!
I know I shouldn't feel this way,but, I just can't help it sometimes. Seems when I don't want to do something that I know should and when I finally try to do it, it all messes up somehow. Oh well.

Sorry Texas.. sounds like a good day to
sit in your favorite comfy chair and read.
No work allowed. Just be mellow and do
nice things for you.

Some days are destined to be sh***y. That's what makes to good ones great.
The phoofle valve was designed to blow.
In the morning light all looks rosy - hold that sight & thought for the rest of the day.

Bad days are forgettable, you can't forget good days.

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
Thanks brooksy:LOL: You have the best way with words.

When yer've been graced with looks of the north end of a south bound camel yer gotta look at life's events with an air of humour.

People listen to you, your gripes are fair but not insurmountable.

Thanks mate.

The little girls messed up my bed so I didn't make it because since my older best brother friend is out of town I just used his bed but he is coming home today so I have to make my bed! I just don't feel like it.

Cameron

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
All I needed to do was simply nip off to the post office around the corner to send out a packet for Cris... now at the entrance one attendant tells me that all the stickers with bar code and big writing must be all covered. So I have to scuttle back to our house and put masking tape over them, went back like a nerd. The same dude says okay now it is fine. Then at the desk the receptionist tells me the box must be completely wrapped with a proper packing paper. I have seen millions of times unwrapped, just sealed boxes mailed out and arrived fine, what is the problem, but there is no use arguing, this guy won't budge. So I had to go home like a super nerd, to wrap this accursed box. Then I found out we don't have a packing paper at home. However it is 13:03 by now, the shops are closed for "siesta" at 13, they won't reopen until at least 16, by that time the post office will be closed. Tomorrow is a holiday in Italy so we will have to wait until Friday. Also because of all this I missed my gym class!! Ugh... does someone have a dose of valium for me????:furious::angry: :furious:

Thanx Texas and Sizzlin!!:flowers: a hot big mug of earl grey, cuddling with my hamster, and now your kind words made me feel much better now:)
Yes Sizzlin, that would have been a good idea, if the supermarkets here used brown paper bags... but unfortunately they all use plastic bags now which I think is horrible for our environment, we try to bring our own containers to carry our purchases when we remember, or if we forget it we try to find an empty box usually found somewhere in the store... anyway I talked to Cris and it was not so urgent and we could calmly wait until Friday... since I missed the gym today and it will be closed tomorrow, maybe we will go do some cycling outside if the weather is nice enough!!
Good day back to you guys!!:) :heart:

I'ts not so much that I am angry, but more upset. What would you think?

A few days prior to Thanksgiving I sent my friend a "CHEERFUL" funny Thanksgiving email, wishing her & hubby a Happy Thanksgiving. We are not the closest of friends, but wanted to wish them well. I didn't hear back for several days, so I resent the email (thinking I made a computer/address error.) A few days ago this is the email reply I received:

"Bet you think I'm a real turkey, but we've had some sadness in the
family.
Just before Thanksgiving, my little two year old nephew died. He dove
into
a tub of water, knocked himself out, and drowned. There was only about
inches of water in it! So unbelievably sad. I've been in Chicago, and
came
home for Thanksgiving to a house full of relatives.

I'll write more later, but I just wanted to say thanks for the good
wishes!
Hope all is well."

I was so sad and upset to read this email. I couldn't stop visualizing the horrific tragedy, since she went into detail. I don't know her family, but I think it's a terrible email to send to anyone. I have not replied, because all I can think to say is "I'm so very sorry for your loss." If it were me, I simply would have said - sorry I didn't get back, there was a death in the family, and wish me a happy holiday, and thank me for the email. Maybe some people just need the drama. It worked. I feel sick, having read it on-line -- and so graphic to boot.

I guess, for safety's sake, if this helps someone save a life, then, I'm okay with passing it along.

Last edited:
Mish, I would not have sent such an email myself. To say that he dove into the tub, just sounds like it was his fault and there lies the blame. that is a horrible way of putting it!! No, I would have just said a death in the family also. Very sad tragedy. So young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom