Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D**m Dog!!!

Okay, so I went to the store to get cat food. No big deal as I had fed the d**m:censored: dogs already and there was food left, right?!? WRONG!!! :angry: Ten minutes!! Thats all I was gone, and that stupid black lab (14 mos.):angel: had already torn the wicker garbage basket up and strewn it across the room and out the doggie door into the dog run!! Not my dog mind you, I didn't even want the darn thing, I said no last Christmas when my son(20 yrs):devilish: asked me so he asks DH and he says "Yes if Mom is OK with it" NO I AM NOT!!! :mad: Now the darn thing thinks that I am supposed to be with him all the time and if not he will punish me. ARRGGAHH:furious:

Thanks, That makes me feel a little better, but... he also stole the extra pumpkin pie:LOL: after we got done Thanksgiving Day so.......

Okay, so I went to the store to get cat food. No big deal as I had fed the d**m dogs already and there was food left, right?!? WRONG!!! Ten minutes!! Thats all I was gone, and that stupid black lab (14 mos.) had already torn the wicker garbage basket up and strewn it across the room and out the doggie door into the dog run!! Not my dog mind you, I didn't even want the darn thing, I said no last Christmas when my son(20 yrs) asked me so he asks DH and he says "Yes if Mom is OK with it" NO I AM NOT!!! Now the darn thing thinks that I am supposed to be with him all the time and if not he will punish me. ARRGGAHH:furious:

Thanks, That makes me feel a little better, but... he also stole the extra pumpkin pie:LOL: after we got done Thanksgiving Day so.......

:ROFLMAO:I'm sorry, but, I have been through it all, over and over again. I love my doggies. DH get's so mad at them and threatens to take them off, but, I would beat him sensless if he even tried:LOL: I look at it a little different than most people. All the chewing and messes are worth the love and devotion that I get from them after their puppy stage.

Please, please tell me it isn't so.. someone told me the puppy stage of a black lab is 3years!!! AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!NNOOOOO.....! I do love the dogs .. it's just so frustrating at times (every other day!). DawnT

Please, please tell me it isn't so.. someone told me the puppy stage of a black lab is 3years!!! AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!NNOOOOO.....! I do love the dogs .. it's just so frustrating at times (every other day!). DawnT

The thing is, it's not just Labs, it's all retrievers and the working dog group. They have to have something to do constantly. What sometimes works is, buying the pup something to chew on. When you catch them with something that is not allowed, pick it up, stomp your foot and loudly say NO, then give them THEIR toy and say, this is yours and pet their head when they take it.
Mine is 9 months and does so much better with finding clothes and things to chew on when she has her stuffed animals to play with. I go to the dollar store and buy stuffed animals without beaded eyes. Get the ones with sewn eyes.

My brother in law's retriever literally ate into the side of their rental home for which they ended up paying big bucks (my sister-in-law's reaction was like yours, Dawn)------these breed of dogs apparently need chew toys and lots of them--Rufus would chew on a log until his gums bled....hope your purgatory is over soon.

expatgirl, he has torn the siding off the house in several places already, trying to get to the red squirrels that want move in for the winter!! Purgatory is such a crazy place I live in!!

please, all of the tourists planning on coming to nyc over the next coupla weeks, stay home. or go somewhere else.
there's no shows, the weather's crappy, and the tree is especially small this year.

and i can't take the commute anymore. :wacko:

oh, if you must come, be sure to take the express lanes of I-80 into the GW bridge. :angel:

Just to make you all feel better - at least (hopefully) you're not dealing with power outages (at least once a week) for an hour or two- usually when everyone's making supper - the joys of living in Africa :)
Can relate to the black lab story - my puppy used to sit next to me whenever I planted anything and I could be sure that the remains would be waiting for me when I got back from work the next day - he never left one plant in the ground.

please, all of the tourists planning on coming to nyc over the next coupla weeks, stay home. or go somewhere else.
there's no shows, the weather's crappy, and the tree is especially small this year.

and i can't take the commute anymore. :wacko:

oh, if you must come, be sure to take the express lanes of I-80 into the GW bridge. :angel:

Okay, bucky. I'll stay away this holiday season. Your plea worked. Oh, wait, I wasn't going to visit New York anyway.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

expatgirl, he ate the back of my shoe last night. DH got them for our anniv. as I wanted nothing else but a nice pair of leather slid-ons. Now one is nice, the other... Anyone want a slightly used doggie??

TanyaK, I have no plants left, nothing is going to survive; let lone me, if something doesn't change soon! I don't think I have anymore tears left either. My head hurts. My son doesn't want to try a muzzle at all, has anyone?

Dawn,
I am a dog lover but, I firmly believe you cannot love a dog that misbehaves. The dog needs schooling and so does your son..If he has a pet, then he cares for it...Not just feeding and watering but getting it to obedience school and making it behave at home...All pups chew that is a given, if the dog is that destructive then he needs to be crated when there is nobody to watch him. If one of my kids did this I'd put up with it for a time, but then there would be, do something now today or find the pooch a good home some place else or outside.I know it's hard to jump on our kids, but, I think you've put up with enough.

kadesma

Watch some dog whisperer episodes. I'm not sure I agree with his psychology of the dog mind, but he says dogs, like children, need to know what is acceptable and what isn't and firm, consistent discipline. I absolutely believe in crates for dogs that cannot be trusted on their own. If you learn how to do it, you can train your dog(s) in a relatively short period of time and they will be a pleasure instead of a pain. But I feel your pain, girlfriend - how do you think I learned this? lol

Dawn, your dog sounds as if he needs to run, he has too much pent up puppy energy. Think he needs something to release it all, probably bored . :ROFLMAO: (out on a farm) ! I don't have any patience with any misbehaving,- animal or human - :)

Dog from H***

Thanks to you all!! My DH bought another pair of shoes last night, and I felt really great leaving the store after the clerk told the grandchildren that "You are lucky, my mommy and daddy wouldn't buy me anything so close to Christmas." Tommy told her that we were Gramma and Papa and you could have fried an egg off the heat from her face!:LOL: As to the dog from H***, DS is now looking into training for doggie dearest, a crate the size of Texas, and has to pay DH back for my shoes. Hows that for an ultimatum Kadesma?!? I didn't even have to whack him with the shoe either, expatgirl:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. Thanks for your sympathy Loprraine. I have heard of the Dog whisperer, Fisher's Mom and will try to watch it some evening. Thanks. Barb L, as for him having enough room to run, he is outside everyday. We (dog and I) play soccer with the dalmation in the back field and they are on the invisible fence collars with 5 acres.:wacko: I'm still going crazy, just a little slower today!!:LOL: DawnT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom