Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soviets had "disregarded" prety much anything and everything exept Moscow. Not as bas as far regions, but still it was terible then, it is not much better now. I just found that one of my friends was killed by a gang of a crucked police (militcia) men.
:( I'm so sorry to hear that Charlie. I know it can be a really hard life there.

DS has gotten his heart broken for the first time.
He said that he has been mean to her, not physically, but, verbally, sometimes just as bad, from stressing out. I went through so much abuse, in different ways, that I can relate to her on this one and I just want to whip his butt!!!!!
I told him before stop making her cry. He is getting a hard lesson now. He's a loving kid, but, I think he is bi-polar. I've been around 3 family members with it and he is just like them. No excuse though and I told him that. Poor thing, I know he's wrong, but, I don't want to see him in so much pain. Maybe this will teach him a lesson, especially if she gives him another chance.

TG, same son that left earlier this week or last? Did he come back? Sorry if I've missed something.....
Maybe it's not bi-polar, just adjusting to the age? Realizing he needs to be COMPLETELY responsible for his own actions? That's a very hard realization for some. I had a tough time at 22 and a new bank job thinking, OMG I have to get up at 6:30 am EVERY day I cant do this!!! I seriously almost had a breakdown with this thought.
11 almost 12 years later I get up at 4 am on days off, and think wow I slept too late!

TG... I sure hope something good happens for you and your family, soon!

You've all be through enough this year.

smiles, T

No suziquizie, it's my younger son that quit his job and finally got one last week. This is his 2nd girlfriend all his life and 1st serious one. He was diagnosed ADHD and that is another reason why I think he's bi-polar. I don't take something like that lightly because I think he's moody. There are a lot of reasons for thinking this.
pds, we're going to make it LOL
Although a lot has happened, we're not giving up and we're closer, dh and I anyway.

No suziquizie, it's my younger son that quit his job and finally got one last week. This is his 2nd girlfriend all his life and 1st serious one. He was diagnosed ADHD and that is another reason why I think he's bi-polar. I don't take something like that lightly because I think he's moody. There are a lot of reasons for thinking this.
pds, we're going to make it LOL
Although a lot has happened, we're not giving up and we're closer, dh and I anyway.
My heart goes out to you, Stacy. This is the kind of stuff we can't kiss and make better. Even though he's not a teenager, if this is his first serious girlfriend, he's having to learn about the give and take of relationships. He's probably miserable because he knows he didn't treat her the way he would like to be treated and she finally said enough. My oldest wasn't very kind to her boyfriends because she could always get away with it. It was hard for her when one came along and she really cared for him but he wouldn't put up with her demanding behavior. It was a huge shock to her but she learned a lot from that and learned that just because someone really cares about you doesn't mean they will let you dump on them. Hopefully your son will learn this too. But I know it kills you to see him heartbroken.

Stacy, if you think he is bi-polar, he really should be checked. Medication can help a lot. My friend's husband is mean and irritable when he is off his medication but much much nicer when he is on it. Your family continues to be in our prayers.

:)Barbara

Yeah, I want him to be tested, but, now he has to wait, again, until he gets insurance going again. I am going to talk to him about it though.

My hours just got cut at work ... from 25 a week to 8!
I've told them that I'll stay but, will be looking for something new. I'm so mad.

I really really really hate hunting for jobs. My ego can't take the rejections....

I understand your frustration Trish. It looks like my new job will only be 8 hours a week (6 this week because a kid cancelled Wednesday). I have to drive 19 miles each way to get there and back. It wouldn't be worth it except, I enjoy doing it, and it could help to have it as a reference later. I hope you find something with more hours soon. I know what you mean about the ego and rejections! I'm right there with you on that. I hate being interviewed. I seem to forget how to speak English during them and end up speaking some form of almost English-sounding gibberish.

I have always got my best jobs thrugh temp positions and proving myself. I do not do interviews well. I wish you all the best pdswife and sorry for your position.

more needles in my future.

went to dr. yesterday, blood sugar still running amuck. he put me on a different oral med. and quick acting insulin before meals . still have the shot at night of long acting. so testing five time a day, and stabbing my self with a shot four times a day.

plus he made me wait 15 min to tell me that. bah humbug

sorry just feeling sorry for myself.

babe:(:(

went to dr. yesterday, blood sugar still running amuck. he put me on a different oral med. and quick acting insulin before meals . still have the shot at night of long acting. so testing five time a day, and stabbing my self with a shot four times a day.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Babe. I can't even imagine having to take a shot 4 times a day. I think you are justified in feeling sorry for yourself - after reading this I'm never feeling sorry for myself again. I do hope the new med helps you.

Sorry to hear that Babe. I take Metformin but am fortunate not to need insulin. And it's okay to feel a little sorry for yourself now and then!

I know how you feel. I take Humulog before each meal and Lantus before bed as well. I hate poking myself with those needles each day, plus the 'pen' to get blood for the meter.:(

A don't you hate that when you are on time for a Dr.'s appointment they are always running late with no apology? But if you are running late they act like you just stopped the world while they all waited on you, then they still make you wait to get in because they weren't ready for you yet anyway!!:mad:

To PDSWife, Barbarba L and Babetoo - I am sorry to hear of all of your situations. Let's hope things get better for you Barbara L and they give you more hours, that you get another job very quickly PDSWife, and that your BSL's settle down very quickly Babetoo.

I Hate PBS Beg Week

It's going on week 2 in my neck of the woods now, and pre-empting my fave afternoon show. I am heartily sick of having to listen to some earnest type trying to figure how out many different ways they can say "Send more money."

And I DON'T need another stupid tote bag or coffee cup.

It's going on week 2 in my neck of the woods now, and pre-empting my fave afternoon show. I am heartily sick of having to listen to some earnest type trying to figure how out many different ways they can say "Send more money."

And I DON'T need another stupid tote bag or coffee cup.
Same here..That is one of the reasons I gave up on PBS..

kadesma

here's an example that will make the blood of Boomers boil. They had some special on last week about music from the 60s, and who performed?

One-hit wonders - Jackie DeShannon and the guy from "My Green Tambourine."

Yeah, I know Janis and Jimi are gone, but come on - they're not all dead yet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom