Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, LP.

Pretty kitty there as well. Fully black cats are so cool. Is that a copier/fax that he is sitting on? Please tell me you hit scan ......

I was thinking the same thing. Cats butt copying! ROTFLMbuttO!!

Last edited:
Thanks, LP.

Pretty kitty there as well. Fully black cats are so cool. Is that a copier/fax that he is sitting on? Please tell me you hit scan...

I was thinking the same thing. Cats butt copying! ROTFLMbuttO!!
Back in the '90s, I believe it was, there was a website that invited users to submit "cat scans". In some of the scans the kitties were wearing masks or goggles to protect their eyes from the light. I can't find it now, if it even exists anymore, but there is this on tumblr: The Cat Scan

That site either hosted or had a link to The Cat User's Manual, which I find hilarious. It has been updated. The original stopped right before the part about "[FONT=ariel, verdana, helvetica]Your New PC (Pussy Cat)"[/FONT]

Loving the pets pics, everyone! :LOL::wub: And yes, Bucky....your DW is a beauty for sure!

dragn....love the pics of your dogs contemplating the bat in the fireplace!

CWS, I'm glad you get such much needed comfort from your little guy.

Taxy, there are some pretty funny pics on that CatScan site! LOL

LP, your Monkey and my Mr. Blackee Boo (lol) could be twins. Here's a random shot of him from a couple of weeks ago, on the recliner with me. He'll be 17 in August, but still acts like a kitten....chasing leaves in the back yard and racing across the lawn. He is so funny - when I say "give me a high five, buddy", he waves his paw. :LOL:

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Sweet pets, guys! When I was in college, I had two pure black cats (thanks to my roommate, who then promptly got married and moved in with her husband). I got to keep the cats.

Our neighbor two doors up stopped by to drop off some of our mail left in their box. He had his daughter's dog with him. "Stanley" looks like a bigger version of the dog in the Cesar dog food commercials. He looks pretty much like this:

220px-West_Highland_White_Terrier_Krakow.jpg

Stanley was having a great time, sniffing out random peanuts that have landed under Himself's recliner (bought him a bag of in-shell nuts a week ago and have been regretting it ever since...) and a coffee bean from under our coffee station. Up the steps, down the steps, running in circles from living room to kitchen to dinette to family room...and back to the living room to start all over again. :LOL: He was having a GREAT time! So were we. :heart: I'm afraid Himself is considering a trip to the shelter sometime soon. :ermm: At least dogs like car rides better than cats, usually. But they sure aren't as cheap or easy to care for...

Love that picture of the Westie. My daughter and her son each have one. Out in the yard, hers sits and waits for the squirrels to run across the wires and then tries to chase them. The fact that they are as high as the top of the roof doesn't deter him from foolishness.

My grandson's sits facing the fence. I think he is trying to figure how he can open that solid six foot fence that is on rollers. Goes nuts when another dog walks by on the other side.

Cheryl, Mr. Blackee Boo, is downright handsome! Monkey I think will always be my little baby no matter how old she gets. She loves to chase bugs (even imaginary ones) and hates catnip toys but will find the silliest things to turn into toys. The latest is a rather large blue elastic. It is hilarious to watch her with it.

Bucky, it is an HP all-in-one. I made this version of the pick for my blog awhile back.

Attachments

• MonkeyButtShot.jpg
    MonkeyButtShot.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Lol, LP. I'm going to show my wife that. She'll get a kick put of it since we can't do anything in our house without a cat sitting on it right while we are in the middle of something.

And thanks, Cheryl. Boy, I got more compliments on my wife in the pets thread than the cats. I'm sure there's a good joke or two in there, but it will have to wait until Sunday.

Our neighbor two doors up stopped by to drop off some of our mail left in their box. He had his daughter's dog with him. "Stanley" looks like a bigger version of the dog in the Cesar dog food commercials. He looks pretty much like this:

220px-West_Highland_White_Terrier_Krakow.jpg

Stanley was having a great time, sniffing out random peanuts that have landed under Himself's recliner (bought him a bag of in-shell nuts a week ago and have been regretting it ever since...) and a coffee bean from under our coffee station. Up the steps, down the steps, running in circles from living room to kitchen to dinette to family room...and back to the living room to start all over again. :LOL: He was having a GREAT time! So were we. :heart: I'm afraid Himself is considering a trip to the shelter sometime soon. :ermm: At least dogs like car rides better than cats, usually. But they sure aren't as cheap or easy to care for...
A West Highland White Scottish terrier?

That special little guy is now a 3-D key chain!!!! The lads printed him out for their Dad. So frigging cute...wish I could print them (the lads) out and take them back to MN with me!!!!

Here are my babies. All recued from the streets and nasty neighbors.

georgie_P1090648.jpg

sugar.jpg

sweet_pea_P1090976.jpg

angel_1.jpg

Sweet kitties, MsM!

I ran into a Siamese/Manx (tailess) at our hotel in DC. She had the prettiest blue eyes, but was very skittish. And she looked very pregnant. I asked the front desk about her. They feed her every day, but so far nobody has been able to catch her. She'd come within five feet of me, but when I'd tried to pat her, she'd run under a parked car.

Last edited:
OMGOSH....such beautiful little furbabies, MsM. Thank you for rescuing them and giving them new homes. :wub:

I think I may have posted their stories as they came into the family. I have the text and pictures saved. So I am doing a copy and paste.

2012 - Meet Georgie (male). Named so because he is so curious.

We saved him from the people who live behind us. he would escape from their house every chance he could get and come by us. He was always hungry so we would feed him. Very loving and purrs so loud. They had a dog they would beat and would leave it outside in rain and cold. He was always crying. Finally the town took him away. They had a black cat that they kept in the house till he was about a year old (not a cute little kitten any more) then left him outside winter and summer. This baby was left outside on the first freezing night we had. I took him in and let him out in the morning. Then he showed up with greasy smelly crap poured on him in a straight line from the top of his head down his back to his tail. It smelled like some kind of cleaning fluid or some such thing. To exact to be an accident. He also had his whiskers cut to almost nothing and the fur on his tail shaved off except the last couple inches at the end. I said they don't deserve this sweet baby and took him in 3 1/2 weeks ago. They left the day of the hurricane (hurricane Sandy) and left the black cat to fend for himself. We couldn't catch him when we were trying to beat the flood water and haven't seen him since. He was a beautiful all black cat with a little spray of white on his bib. He is just about a year old. I hope he shows up soon or is safe in someone house. I will never give this baby back. BTW he was a baby of a stray cat that and they took him from the mother. I have no clue what happened to the mom but I think I have seen the dad. We think he is a mix of tabby and Maine coon. This baby sleeps under my chin at night. LOL I am allergic but a sucker for this little boy. Allegra is my best friend. LOL

img_1496921_0_1b396eefe2ae6d732871f3ff26a75adb.jpg

img_1496921_1_69e5232d957d16f8471c4725bb9429f9.jpg

img_1496921_2_be04074e1f6311c35a2d07c50daab8b6.jpg

Last edited:
2013 - Meet Sugar (female). Named by my daughter.

We rescued Sugar from the same neighbors as Georgie. She had just lost 2 baby teeth. So we figure she was about the same age as Georgie was when we got him; about 2 - 3 months old. We took her in as soon as she escaped from the neighbors and before they could abuse her. She is still a very small petite kitty.

I can locate the folder my daughter has the pictures of Sugar in. So this is the only picture I have at the moment.

img_1496923_0_5eadc5cf7cf192c1eab349fe31522bb7.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom