Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been cooped up inside, so …

DSC01009.jpg

… I broke out my paints :)

DSC01010.jpg

^^^ THIS one is my new favorite :sorcerer:

Great painting, kgirl - you keep getting better and better.

I'm STILL procrastinating on mine....:huh: I did gather up some interesting rocks and looked on the interwebs for fun March ideas. So that's something. LOL

It's one of my new favorites too Kgirl !! Very creative, and you sure did a good job with her lips.

Mahalo K-L!

Great painting, kgirl - you keep getting better and better.

I'm STILL procrastinating on mine....:huh: I did gather up some interesting rocks and looked on the interwebs for fun March ideas. So that's something. LOL

Cheryl, I appreciate your comment.
DH wants me to sell my Rocks on Etsy, but …
I dunno
So I looked it up, and its a thing!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/544652...ks&ref=sr_gallery-1-10&organic_search_click=1
I still have a shop on Etsy, I just haven't listed anything for sell in a while. Maybe I should? :ermm:

Nice paint pens, kgirl!

Paymaster, great job on the rock painting. Thank you for sharing!

What beautiful work. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. My expertise lies in embroidery.

But I started to wonder. Were any of these rocks in someone's head at any time? Please keep in mind, I am that crazy old lady now. According to my kids. ;)

What beautiful work. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. My expertise lies in embroidery.

But I started to wonder. Were any of these rocks in someone's head at any time? Please keep in mind, I am that crazy old lady now. According to my kids. ;)

Y'know Addie, all of the women on my Mother's
side of the family are wonderful with a needle,
just not me! :LOL:

My Mom also is very creative. She would come up with these ideas to make things, recruit me to help her and then I'd take our finished goods to work and sell them, mostly around Christmas time. We always made our money back for the supplies and a bit extra for Christmas shopping.

One year, somebody got their nose bent out of shape and made a complaint to management, saying that we weren't suppose to be selling anything at work, that it was against company policy … everyone did it for crying out loud! Well, that was the end of that!

One gal made homemade pie shells for folks who weren't good at it, but wanted to take a handmade pie to a potluck or what have you.

Another gal made custom-ordered bake goods for folks. I remember one year she made this absolutely gorgeous Bûche de Noël, with the meringue mushrooms and all!

So, I suppose crafting is more my thing than needle work :LOL:

I envy folks who are creative with their hands. I can see what I want to make, but my hands have other ideas.

My real expertise is in the baking desserts area.

While here on Oahu Hawaii, I have been leaving several
Painted Rocks all over the island, but this particular
googly-eyed one is a winner.

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

I left this one at Kailua Beach Park
(it was a gorgeous day!)
I watched three different couples
pick this rock up
look at and laugh
take a selfie with it
and then put it right back down :ermm:
GEEZ!!!

:LOL: Very nice, kgirl! Love the googly eyed one. :yum: At least they took selfies with them and left them for more people to enjoy, LOL!

Beautiful, kgirl! I actually drug my paint tote out to the patio this evening to paint some tomorrow. :ohmy::LOL: We'll see what comes of it. :)

Beautiful, kgirl! I actually drug my paint tote out to the patio this evening to paint some tomorrow. :ohmy::LOL: We'll see what comes of it. :)

If you really want to confuse folks and still have some fun, just paint the rock with a large question mark. Someone will pick it up and say "Huh?" Then on the other side, paint "Gottcha". It will bring a smile to someone's face.

Back
Top Bottom