Panera Bread Restaurants are getting rid of 50 % of their menu.. in April...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to our local Panera a few years back. Once and never again. We didn't understand the setup and the employee up front was rude and not helpful. The manager tried to apologize, but it just came off as something she does quite often. We never saw a need to return. We prefer to patronize places that appreciate our business.
I put a hard stop on Panera when I noticed the gallon jug of poisonous cleaning fluid sitting on the counter where they made the sandwiches. Like 4 inches away. Manager removed it but didn’t apologize, clean the counter or offer to remake sandwich.

Also, employees in uniform sat on the sidewalk next to the front door for their smoke break.

Linda,
in parts of Asia where they let bean paste (and other foods) sit in the hot sun for months on end. "shiver"

ummm, you mean like how they make soy sauce and fish sauce?? :LOL:

Linda,
in parts of Asia where they let bean paste (and other foods) sit in the hot sun for months on end. "shiver"

ummm, you mean like how they make soy sauce and fish sauce?? :LOL:
Yep, that's it. The process is just a little gross. But the end product is good. I've never used fish sauce, but I've no doubt had it in prepared Asian foods.

Anyway, I digress. My apologies for going off topic.

Can’t you find Iggy’s up there? We even have their baguettes on the Cape.

Down here in Dallas we have a chain called La Madeline. Great breads, including baguettes and croissants. I absolutely LOVE that place. The coffee is great, the French Country Breakfast is wonderful, and the Tomato Basil Soupe is the best.

CD

Last edited:
I used to work there for about 4 years from like 2018-2022. Though they usually had seasonal changes, they must be a hurtin' to squish their menu this much. The Baja bowl and french onion were kinda fire though; sad to see them go. I also miss the Brittneys they used to have (Kouign Amman, it was like a cheesecake croissant). Their normal croissants are very good though. I could go on about what the workers there got for hours. My fav was their Mac with (add) steak, french fried onions, bbq sauce, and cilantro. I also dug their off menu Sierra turkey sandwich (turkey, onion, chipotle mayo) though I got double meat, swapped the bread, extra mayo. Mmmmm.

Though a tip if you ever go to Panera. If you take an order from someone at the register and they have gloves on already and you want a pastry item, for the love of goodness ask them to change their gloves. Can't tell you how many times as a peon there I saw (and sometimes did since I didn't think of it) people change trash, swing around to take an order (as trash is usually near or behind register) then jump over to bag a cookie for a waiting customer. Yes it's disgusting and yes it's a violation of health codes. And 95 percent of the time I thought enough to change my gloves. But most people (myself included) don't think about it, especially when you're in a rush and there's 15 people yelling at you to hurry.

On another note, the people who work the line and prepare food are psychologically tortured into changing their gloves every 30 seconds, so you don't have to worry Bout them. 😂

has anyone actually fact checked this claim?
web searching for menu changes only brings up new items Panera is adding . . . not a single item of things being deleted....

has anyone actually fact checked this claim?
web searching for menu changes only brings up new items Panera is adding . . . not a single item of things being deleted....
I read an article (a couple, actually) that says Panera is cutting 50 items from the menu as "part of a test" and it's apparently a test for limited markets, meaning not all Panera restaurants will be participating.

That's really all I know.

We eat Panera when we are busy or some whoopsie daisy life throw at us happens and I can not cook..

Now from the rumors online... this is a political reason... it started on the west side of the country. I have eaten at Panera in Iowa and Boston and of course my home town. They all have different menus. So I think this is to make all Panera's serve the same menu besides the political stuff. One of the workers told him that they were frightened of customer's reactions to the menu change. She actually used the word frightened. ( I feel so sorry for the people who work the counter.) I do look forward to watching the drama unfold...

We eat Panera when we are busy or some whoopsie daisy life throw at us happens and I can not cook..

Now from the rumors online... this is a political reason... it started on the west side of the country. I have eaten at Panera in Iowa and Boston and of course my home town. They all have different menus. So I think this is to make all Panera's serve the same menu besides the political stuff. One of the workers told him that they were frightened of customer's reactions to the menu change. She actually used the word frightened. ( I feel so sorry for the people who work the counter.) I do look forward to watching the drama unfold...
Well I love that you’ve been in Iowa and Boston! Cedar Rapids?

Well I love that you’ve been in Iowa and Boston! Cedar Rapids?
I have a dear friend who lives in your neck of the woods. She is going to take me to her beach house some time next year and I can't wait... Maybe I will drop by and see you too...:flowers:

I read something similar, that Panera employees are not looking forward to the backlash from customers.

Not sure how politics are involved, but it is not unusual for restaurants to have different menus in different regions. Some even vary there menus from location to location in the same region... or even city.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom