Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my dad made it through the bypass but they ended up doing a quad instead of triple and said he has a lot of blockages all throughout that they can not do anything about. He is in pain (of course) and having difficulty breathing (not sure about this).

It is scary as he is such a healthy eater, he is slim and walks at least an hour a day; that being said, I'm sure he isn't perfect in what he consumes but I know he does well. (I'm sure genetics play a large factor).

Other people in the waiting rooms have said they will recommend a vegetarian diet before he leaves. (My mother has been a vegetarian for years). On the waiting room part.. that is a hard place to be all night but I wasn't about to leave my mother there alone and she wasn't going anywhere.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Hopefully he will be home by the weekend.

Merlot said:
Well my dad made it through the bypass but they ended up doing a quad instead of triple and said he has a lot of blockages all throughout that they can not do anything about. He is in pain (of course) and having difficulty breathing (not sure about this).

It is scary as he is such a healthy eater, he is slim and walks at least an hour a day; that being said, I'm sure he isn't perfect in what he consumes but I know he does well. (I'm sure genetics play a large factor).

Other people in the waiting rooms have said they will recommend a vegetarian diet before he leaves. (My mother has been a vegetarian for years). On the waiting room part.. that is a hard place to be all night but I wasn't about to leave my mother there alone and she wasn't going anywhere.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Hopefully he will be home by the weekend.

Oh, Merlot, thanks for the report. Continued prayers and good wishes! Hoping your dad will soon be good as new!

Glad to hear your dad made it thru the bypass. Staying with your mom was a wonderful thing for you to do. hospital waiting rooms are the pits but you pulled through and can be proud of yourself.
kades

His breathing is tough because of the pain. They should be able to keep him comfortable enough and still be lucid. Able to function and participate in his therapies. If he's in so much pain, holler about it. The medical world knows that if someone is hurting, they are unable to get better in a timely fashion. Be an advocate for him and rattle the nurses cages.

And, I am happy to hear your Dad came through the surgery!

Thank you Andy, PF and taxlady :) I know none of you have known me for very long but it really helps to vent somewhere. I don't like to post on facebook much, even though it is friends and family.... the way information gets spread out it sounds like a good opportunity for people to see that they are not in their home.

He had a bad evening, but I had to come home to get my child off to school and back to work after I go back to doc myself. My mom is still with him so she will keep me informed and keep the nurses on their toes! We are hoping the chest tube can come out today, and his hand is completely numb so the doc is checking into that too.

Merlot said:
Thank you Andy, PF and taxlady :) I know none of you have known me for very long but it really helps to vent somewhere. I don't like to post on facebook much, even though it is friends and family.... the way information gets spread out it sounds like a good opportunity for people to see that they are not in their home.

He had a bad evening, but I had to come home to get my child off to school and back to work after I go back to doc myself. My mom is still with him so she will keep me informed and keep the nurses on their toes! We are hoping the chest tube can come out today, and his hand is completely numb so the doc is checking into that too.

I hope he gets better and that they can figure out what is causing the numbness.

This is minor, but it really annoyed me.

I live in a condo. We have underground parking. The garage door opens with a remote. Some stupid woman in an SUV was on the driveway down to the garage and couldn't get the door open. This happens. But, she backed out and then blocked the entrance for me. Eventually she decided to let me by. Then, she promptly crowded in behind me. The garage door wouldn't open for me. I asked Stirling to get out of the car and try from closer. He tried a number of times, but the door wouldn't open.

Now the stupid woman wouldn't let me back up off the driveway onto the street. Grrr. Eventually she did and got the one parking space across the street. I had to park almost a block away. I tried the remote as we walked by, and now it worked. :wacko:

It's too friggin' nippy outside for me to walk that block and get the car tonight. I'll go get it tomorrow.

This is minor, but it really annoyed me.

I live in a condo. We have underground parking. The garage door opens with a remote. Some stupid woman in an SUV was on the driveway down to the garage and couldn't get the door open. This happens. But, she backed out and then blocked the entrance for me. Eventually she decided to let me by. Then, she promptly crowded in behind me. The garage door wouldn't open for me. I asked Stirling to get out of the car and try from closer. He tried a number of times, but the door wouldn't open.

Now the stupid woman wouldn't let me back up off the driveway onto the street. Grrr. Eventually she did and got the one parking space across the street. I had to park almost a block away. I tried the remote as we walked by, and now it worked. :wacko:

It's too friggin' nippy outside for me to walk that block and get the car tonight. I'll go get it tomorrow.

I worked for an overhead door company for a long time. Sometimes the cold will affect your motor or remote. Not an uncommon happening. If only your remote had worked as a zapper on your neighbor. Scottie, beam me up!:)

Does venting actually work for some people? It just makes me think more about the things that frustrate me, and doesnt make me any less angry about those things.

Does venting actually work for some people? It just makes me think more about the things that frustrate me, and doesnt make me any less angry about those things.
I think it is just a purging process. You need to let it out of your mouth, or fingers to prevent it from going around and around in your head. Then, after you get a bit of sympathy from whoever, you might feel a bit better.

Like this one. I think I will invite my mechanic over for Easter dinner. With the two cars I own, I have been spending more time with him in the last few months than I have been with my own family.
Now, you tell me how you can relate, because you just went through the same thing a while ago, we both agree that it sucks, I pay him for the new starter and we move on to something else that pisses us off. Isn't this fun? :LOL:

I think it is just a purging process. You need to let it out of your mouth, or fingers to prevent it from going around and around in your head. Then, after you get a bit of sympathy from whoever, you might feel a bit better.

Like this one. I think I will invite my mechanic over for Easter dinner. With the two cars I own, I have been spending more time with him in the last few months than I have been with my own family.
Now, you tell me how you can relate, because you just went through the same thing a while ago, we both agree that it sucks, I pay him for the new starter and we move on to something else that pisses us off. Isn't this fun? :LOL:

egzackilackily

It really works for me. When something really irks me, I feel so much better as soon as I post it. Like the word, venting, it helps you to blow off steam. It does also help to get a little sympathy, and sometimes a solution to a bothersome problem.

For instance: I was having so many problems with Internet Explorer updating and making unwanted changes. Several members told me to switch to Firefox. I did, and couldn't be happier with the great features.

I think it is more than just "getting it out." I think we all have a desire to know that someone, anyone, is listening. We can rant and rave here about our problems (large and small) and someone is usually here to offer the proverbial shoulder to cry on and offer some advice, or even just to say, "I'm sorry you're going through that."

venting helps me. today i cut out fabric to cover a chair cushion. forgot to allow for the depth of the cushion. really had a tough time getting it on. now will have to make a gusset for the back in order to cover it. i know better, i have made dozens of pillow covers. makes me feel stupid . but there , i feel better. see venting does help.

Back
Top Bottom