Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least I got my shopping done. Had a blood test today and just got a call from the doctor's office - he wants me to go to the ER because my hemoglobin is really low. I've been here many times before; told him I'd go in the morning. They'll have to do a confirmation test, type and cross, get the blood and get it going - by that time it'll be 2 in the morning and I may or may not be in a room. Don't blow a gasket, PF, but it can wait ;) Going to bed now.

At least I got my shopping done. Had a blood test today and just got a call from the doctor's office - he wants me to go to the ER because my hemoglobin is really low. I've been here many times before; told him I'd go in the morning. They'll have to do a confirmation test, type and cross, get the blood and get it going - by that time it'll be 2 in the morning and I may or may not be in a room. Don't blow a gasket, PF, but it can wait ;) Going to bed now.

If you've been there before and you think it can wait, I think you are right. If this was a new experience I would be losing it all over!:) Take care, get some good fluids in so they can find a vein on one stick.

gee, gg, i'm sure sorry that you hafta be in the hospital right now. i know you'd rather be elsewhere...maybe you could think of this as an overnight at a B&B, instead--with nice, smiling people bringing your meals to you bedside in covered dishes, pitchers of ice water, and seeing to your every need and creature comfort. a brief respite from your responsibilities and xmas preparations--not so bad, really. just you and your pc, maybe dropping in at dc w/your dc friends, cable tv if you want it, any books or magazines to read....have a nice, restful stay at your b&b, gg, and return home refreshed and ready to resume work again on your holiday plans....:)

Last edited:
gee, gg, i'm sure sorry that you hafta be in the hospital right now. i know you'd rather be elsewhere...maybe you could think of this as an overnight at a B&B, instead--with nice, smiling people bringing your meals to you bedside in covered dishes, pitchers of ice water, and seeing to your every need and creature comfort. a brief respite from your responsibilities and xmas preparations--not so bad, really. just you and your pc, maybe dropping in at dc w/your dc friends, cable tv if you want it, any books or magazines to read....have a nice, restful stay at your b&b, gg, and return home refreshed and ready to resume work again on your holiday plans....:)

I love that perspective, V - thanks :)

And thanks, PF. I'm feeling much better now.

I love that perspective, V - thanks :)

And thanks, PF. I'm feeling much better now.

Well, yeah! You got some blood on now! I wish all fatigue problems could be fixed that easy! I'm so glad you are feeling better, it does kinda creep up on you, it's not like there's bells and whistles going off when your Hct goes low.

Do any of you have personal experience dealing with a bi-polar person? I need to talk to someone who is personally involved. My husband is bi-polar and I need some help.

I'm making a sponge cake for the trifle. Ack! I got six eggs separated properly. The seventh one, somehow there was some yoke in the white and I didn't notice until I dumped it in with the other egg whites. I tried to fish out the yoke, but it just spread around. I guess we're having an omelette for supper. :LOL:

Do any of you have personal experience dealing with a bi-polar person? I need to talk to someone who is personally involved. My husband is bi-polar and I need some help.

I feel for you, this is not an easy thing to deal with. Feel free to PM me and I can help a little.

I'm making a sponge cake for the trifle. Ack! I got six eggs separated properly. The seventh one, somehow there was some yoke in the white and I didn't notice until I dumped it in with the other egg whites. I tried to fish out the yoke, but it just spread around. I guess we're having an omelette for supper. :LOL:

TL needs three bowls to crack and separate eggs...how was the omelet?

The next time this happens (andI hope it never does) use the shell to get out the small piece of yolk. It will be drawn to the shell. I have no idea why, it just works for me. :angel:

wait up, wait---you guys lost me back there a ways, with all of your talk about multiple egg bowls!! as taxy has just demonstrated so effectively, it is every bit as easy to mix one's egg yolks with one's egg whites using 3 bowls instead of just two.
btw, why is it that the tiniest smidgen of a single egg yolk is able ruin a half dozen egg whites?

wait up, wait---you guys lost me back there a ways, with all of your talk about multiple egg bowls!! as taxy has just demonstrated so effectively, it is every bit as easy to mix one's egg yolks with one's egg whites using 3 bowls instead of just two.
btw, why is it that the tiniest smidgen of a single egg yolk is able ruin a half dozen egg whites?

Because fat (in the yolk) is the enemy of good stiff peaks in whipping egg whites. The best you will get is soft peaks that keep falling over and collapsing. Yolks have fat in them. (As in Cholesterol) When you whip egg whites, they tell you to have really clean bowls. Do not use plastic bowls. There is hidden grease in plastic. But had she used the egg shell to get out the yolk, even if she had to take a bit of the white, it would have worked for her. :angel:

The next time this happens (andI hope it never does) use the shell to get out the small piece of yolk. It will be drawn to the shell. I have no idea why, it just works for me. :angel:
I did use the egg shell, but it didn't work. :(

I have had good luck fishing out pieces of egg shell with the egg shell.

I was going to suggest the egg shell trick as well. It also works for lifting out any stray shell fragments that might find their way into your dish or frying pan.

Sounds like the yolk got all goobered into the mix, and no amount of egg shell fishing would have saved the whites. Bummer. But the omelet sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom