Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My laptop is a little long in the tooth. It's still a dual core machine, and in good condition so I'm trying to breathe some new life into it. Well lately technology hates me, I'm convinced of it.

I put in a new hard drive, everything was going well, then shortly later the fan quit. I took a panel off the bottom and have been using a laptop cooler to keep it from shutting down, not the most convenient solution, but it worked. Today the new fan came in the mail (a $7 fix, YIPPIE), got it in, it works, keeping the machine cool. An hour later, the NEW hard drive failed!!!

So here I am with the old hard drive in, it's cluttered and sluggish, but the machine is still working, could be worse I suppose!

Over the last month I've had to fix two other computers in the house, luckily since I can do it myself, the fixes have been cheap.

Bakechef, I would get an external hard drive. They aren't expensive nowadays and then you can use it when you eventually upgrade the laptop.

Bakechef, I would get an external hard drive. They aren't expensive nowadays and then you can use it when you eventually upgrade the laptop.

I'd put the new drive in to make the machine "fresh", I made the old laptop drive into an external and mounted it on the network, so i'd still have access to the files. Now I'll wait for the new drive, and set up the new operating system all over again! Oh, well....

I'd put the new drive in to make the machine "fresh", I made the old laptop drive into an external and mounted it on the network, so i'd still have access to the files. Now I'll wait for the new drive, and set up the new operating system all over again! Oh, well....
What a pain in the patooty.

I know the feeling. About twice a week, I get tired enough to sleep ten or more hours straight through. But when I wake up, I am wide awake. Don't even need stretching time. :angel:

I know the feeling. About twice a week, I get tired enough to sleep ten or more hours straight through. But when I wake up, I am wide awake. Don't even need stretching time. :angel:

Now I'm sitting here counting the minutes till Daniel wakes up :LOL:
It's school holiday so he gets to stay up till 8 and wake up when he wants. His bedtime is 7pm and Caitlin's 8pm on school nights.
Think I'll go get another cup of coffee.

Now I'm sitting here counting the minutes till Daniel wakes up :LOL:
It's school holiday so he gets to stay up till 8 and wake up when he wants. His bedtime is 7pm and Caitlin's 8pm on school nights.
Think I'll go get another cup of coffee.

I'm glad you were able to get a good night's sleep, and also that you were able to enjoy some quiet time before the kids woke up. See, sometimes mom does know best. :)

Tonight I need a good nights sleep, whenever we go away I never sleep very well, I like my own bed too much...and all the driving and walking we did, I am beat!

I went to Costco for some groceries. While I was there, I looked at the jeans, 'cause I desperately need new jeans. I found some for ~$14. They are even stretchy. I checked that the back pockets weren't just decorative, and found they were real (a real problem with women's clothes). I bought two pairs in two sizes, 'cause you can't really try them on at Costco. The smaller pair is snug over long underwear. The bigger pair fits fine over long underwear. But, the fly and both front pockets are just for show! :ohmy:

I will have to try somewhere else. In the meantime, they are in a bag with the receipt, in case I can't find anything other jeans I like in my size. I have 30 days to bring them back to Costco for a refund.

I need my pockets. I put car keys in my front pocket and my phone in a back pocket.

Stupid, stupid, stupid me! I took a nap and while I was sleeping, I knocked the scab off. I need to put the sulpha cream on it, but I know from past experience, it will STING! Not something I am looking forward to. I can't put a dressing on it. If I could bend over backwards, I would be kicking myself all over the place, (except on my hand). :angel:

Twice in 6 months the jumper cables are in the wrong car....

Upside, both cars have new batteries, so we won't have to deal with this again for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom