Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If'n yer gonna play wit da sharp knives, yer gonna git cut, maybe sooner, maybe later. But yer gonna get cut.:(

I hope it heals quickly for you. I think it's safe to say that those who work with sharp tools, get cut. I also think it's safe to say that you're not alone. I now I've done it, and with everything from a push-mechanical lawn mower non-motorized), to my best chef's knife, and most other tools in between, even with a pop bottle once.:LOL: We can sympathize because we've been there.

Hope your finger quits hurting soon.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Next time give DH the bottle and the paring knife...

:LOL::LOL:

I knew I was in good company here with all you coooking people.

So true Chief .. not if, but when it will happen.

I'm still going to do most of the turkey day meal although DH says I can only use spoons from now on LOL

I did my cranberry/tangerine relish yesterday.

Today is usually prep day.

BUT there is a water line break somewhere in my neighborhood. Which means the water is coming out VERY slow and I don't really trust using it. The water will probably eventually be turned off for HOURS!!

All I have done is my relish.

I didn't want to be up all night but I guess I will be.

Before I begin let me apologize for my poor typing .. not even going to try and fix the mistakes .. you will understand shoertly.

My petty vent is aboiut my lack of attention to forseeing the future outcome of a really stupid move....... So 4 stitches later I'm angry at how stupid I am at times when I am in a hurry. I have a splint on it to help the pain of me bumpiong my finger on stuff .. any idea how many times a day your finger bumps things .. the answer is a LOT LOL So there is my petty vrent for the day whixh should hold me until well passed then end of the year.

Aw geez MrsLMB! Hope you heal quick. Maybe you could just point to what you need done with that bandaged finger and get someone else to do the work? Maybe steaks on the grill for Thanksgiving? Some turkey somewhere will be grateful. :LOL:

Aw geez MrsLMB! Hope you heal quick. Maybe you could just point to what you need done with that bandaged finger and get someone else to do the work? Maybe steaks on the grill for Thanksgiving? Some turkey somewhere will be grateful. :LOL:

LOL CG I'm not allowed to finger point as someone in my house can't see well enough to know which finger I am pointing with :LOL:

Hope you have a great turkey day CG !!!

I know I wasn't the least bit jealous about MrsLMB's finger, but I managed to cut mine pretty bad while slicing shallots for Thanksgiving dinner. I haven't seen Himself move so fast since I said "I think my water broke" years ago. :ROFLMAO: I've been sporting 2 bandaids all day and haven't looked at my finger yet. I cleaned it, applied pressure, and raised my hand up all in a matter of about 2 minutes after the "OWWWWW" and I'm guessing my boo-boo is minor league compared to the Mrs's. And yes, typing is a bee-och but I really hate typos.

I know I wasn't the least bit jealous about MrsLMB's finger, but I managed to cut mine pretty bad while slicing shallots for Thanksgiving dinner. I haven't seen Himself move so fast since I said "I think my water broke" years ago. :ROFLMAO: I've been sporting 2 bandaids all day and haven't looked at my finger yet. I cleaned it, applied pressure, and raised my hand up all in a matter of about 2 minutes after the "OWWWWW" and I'm guessing my boo-boo is minor league compared to the Mrs's. And yes, typing is a bee-och but I really hate typos.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo ... ah geez CG .. that's no good at all. I'm glad you got to forgo the visit to the emergency room.

Good on you for being so good with typing.

How is it feeling now? Hope you get better super quick ! Mine is coming along quite nicely. I am no longer wearing the splint thingy and my bandaid no longer looks like a catcher's mitt - it's a normal bandaid now !

People must have really been cooking with band-aids and stitches involved:ohmy:

Yeah and we need some cool bandaids ... maybe some with little toasters or pots and pans on them :LOL:

Well, I should have driven my car home from BIL's. DH said he'd drive, and while he was messing around with the visor, he couldn't figure it out as he didn't have his bifocals....When I tried to help, he accidently took the skin off my thumb by slamming it in the visor. Luckily, not too much blood.

Thankfully, the cooking had already been finished.

Perhaps we need a support group for the finger-injured.

Last edited:
Well, I should have driven my car home from BIL's. DH said he'd drive, and while he was messing around with the visor, he couldn't figure it out as he didn't have his bifocals....When I tried to help, he accidently took the skin off my thumb by slamming it in the visor. Luckily, not too much blood.

Thankfully, the cooking had already been finished.

Perhaps we need a support group for the finger-injured.

I have a salute for you to use...:ROFLMAO:

Why, at this time of year, do all the staff at our local grocery store wear chocolate aftershave?? I end up buying stuff I wouldn't normally buy.
img_1323042_0_be2016f1d626c4c202da707da1dfb075.gif

img_1323042_1_cd90a5a67e51758bce51f28b4c643c9e.jpg
img_1323042_2_a26881d90dc166e53b7a311f877fff5d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom