Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang, Dang, Dang!

I got a shrimp tray for us, was careful and had just a half of one and waited 30 minutes. Nothing. Had 1.5, 30 minutes, nothing. So had 3 more shrimp...no sauce, just a little lemon juice on them. Got the itchies and my lips are tingling. No breathing problems. I'm going to go take a Benedryl.

Good thing I enjoyed the last shrimp I get to eat.

Oh Sweetie! Drat!

Well, at least I know now and it didn't cost me hundreds to find out from an allergist. I'll be careful when ordering in restaurants. Poor Shrek has to eat the whole shrimp tray on his own.

Glad you're OK Princess. We think my 3 year old grandson is allergic to shellfish, his little face swelled up to where he was darn near unrecognizable the first time he was exposed to it. Not something to mess with, for sure.

Glad you're OK Princess. We think my 3 year old grandson is allergic to shellfish, his little face swelled up to where he was darn near unrecognizable the first time he was exposed to it. Not something to mess with, for sure.

Okay, now I would not experiment with the baby. I would assume he has the allergy and be sure to tell the doctor. He needs it listed on his medical record.

I probably shouldn't have done it, but I so wanted some shrimp and I was careful.

Okay, now I would not experiment with the baby. I would assume he has the allergy and be sure to tell the doctor. He needs it listed on his medical record.

I probably shouldn't have done it, but I so wanted some shrimp and I was careful.

Absolutely...it's in his medical records, and also his preschool records. He is kept far away from not only shellfish, but canned tuna and any kind of fish. His mom and dad took him to a Chinese restaurant with them when he was 2, but he only had a broccoli and noodle dish. We're pretty sure it was the cross contamination with the seafood, and fortunately a trip to the dr. and some Benadryl cleared it up right quick. Quite a scare, though. :ohmy:

Aw, poor baby! But he'll sacrifice to keep his love safe. :wub:

Glad you didn't get seriously ill from those couple little shrimp. All you got out of it was the kinds of lips some women pay big bucks for. ;)

They didn't even do that, just tingly feeling like they went to sleep and were waking up. Five pieces of shrimp over two hours. Took fewer shrimp this time:huh:

Absolutely...it's in his medical records, and also his preschool records. He is kept far away from not only shellfish, but canned tuna and any kind of fish. His mom and dad took him to a Chinese restaurant with them when he was 2, but he only had a broccoli and noodle dish. We're pretty sure it was the cross contamination with the seafood, and fortunately a trip to the dr. and some Benadryl cleared it up right quick. Quite a scare, though. :ohmy:

Many things at a chinese restaurant are made with fish sauce or oyster sauce, pretty much anything with a brownish colored sauce, such as chicken and broccoli, beef and broccoli, even lo mein. It doesn't taste fishy, but it is one of the main flavor components of MANY chinese saucy dishes.

Many things at a chinese restaurant are made with fish sauce or oyster sauce, pretty much anything with a brownish colored sauce, such as chicken and broccoli, beef and broccoli, even lo mein. It doesn't taste fishy, but it is one of the main flavor components of MANY chinese saucy dishes.
That's what I was thinking.

BTW, most Worcestershire sauce has anchovies.

On my way home there is a stoplight with two lanes. After you go through the light it goes down to one lane after about 500 yards. If you are in the right lane, and going to the day care or credit union, you are good, if you need to continue straight, then you need to make your way left. Well without fail there are people in the wrong lane, and they will do crazy maneuvers to merge left, I'm always looking out for them, so I can hit the brakes and let them in if needed.

Today there was a semi truck (Lorry for those across the pond), in the right lane. I was already 3/4 of the way up, so I figured that I would keep going and he could pull in behind me, there was room. Then he started pulling into my lane with no turn signals at all! I had to pull into a small median (painted, not raised) and slam on my brakes to avoid driving into oncoming traffic. I then pulled back into my lane, I tried to get a plate number, but it was covered up by a fork lift mounted on the back (this can't be legal). His windows were blacked out (also illegal) and there was absolutely no identifying marks or company names on that truck.

I was tempted to follow him, but anyone that dangerous behind the wheel, that has gone to such lengths to hide any identifying marks, would likely be more dangerous face to face. If it hadn't been for that small median, he would have physically pushed me into oncoming traffic and there would have been nothing I could have done to prevent it.

Gah! Now that sounds scarey, Bakechef! You did the right thing, too bad you couldn't identify the SOB.

I'm still a bit shaken. I'm not a timid driver in the least, I'll drive just about anywhere and do a pretty good job dealing with traffic situations. I'm also not the type to make rash, dangerous maneuvers, or be overly aggressive, the consequences are just not worth it. I'm just not used to being in type of situation that often.

That sounds awful BC. I'm glad you're okay, if shaken. I think you should inform the police and describe the truck to them.

Wow BC, that could have gotten ugly. Glad you kept your wits about you and you avoided an accident or worse. After all, you just got your car back a little while ago!

And the health insurance saga continues...

Got a letter from the Health Disconnector office today. Apparently showing up at the office with my birth certificate, social security card, and driver's license back in December wasn't quite enough to establish my eligibility. Now they need a proof of residency such as a bill with my name and address on it. *sigh* If you guys hear of a crazy lady in MA trying to get into the governor's office to witch-slap him, that would be ME! :LOL:

Oh, CG! I am sorry you are having so many problems with this! Sending hugs and peaceful thoughts.

The worst problem ever had is when I went from disability to TB's work plan. Our Pharmacare wanted me off ASAP, and his work was trying to keep me on disability. Finally got it sorted out, then TB got laid off from his teaching position due to a drop in enrollment. Then I had to get back on disability which was surprising a lot easier!

Thanks guys. This WILL get resolved. Thinking of sending the copies of everything imaginable via registered mail/return receipt requested. Except that the mail clerk would return the receipt and the envelope won't reach the right person anyway. Might include a "please return this when you receive this" postcard inside the envelope... Plus a trip into Worcester to drop off all those things in person to the secondary office might be in the works...especially since we can then take another trip to O'Connor's. :yum: Or not.

Thanks guys. This WILL get resolved. Thinking of sending the copies of everything imaginable via registered mail/return receipt requested. Except that the mail clerk would return the receipt and the envelope won't reach the right person anyway. Might include a "please return this when you receive this" postcard inside the envelope... Plus a trip into Worcester to drop off all those things in person to the secondary office might be in the works...especially since we can then take another trip to O'Connor's. :yum: Or not.
O'Connor's?

Back
Top Bottom