Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do posts made from smartphones have to show the device (and app) used to send them? I find it mildly annoying.

Sent from my 13" Apple MacBook Pro

I do, too. The app does it - it gets the name of your device and puts the string in the signature area. I don't know why programmers think it's a good idea to do that. Maybe someone thinks it's good advertising for the app.

You can shut it off, but the how to is buried. I have to relearn it every time I update or get a new device. Don't ask me how I did it, I think it's buried somewhere in Settings.

Why do posts made from smartphones have to show the device (and app) used to send them? I find it mildly annoying.

Sent from my 13" Apple MacBook Pro

I'm curious. Does it use up much memory? If it does, then before you know it I will have no memory left in a few years. Put all of them together and it can add up. :angel:

It's in a setting called "Discuss Cooking Signature." There are three options: None, Sent from my X using Discuss Cooking mobile app, or Customize. With customize, you can add your own signature.

It uses a teeny amount of storage space - the 30 characters or so in Andy's example won't make that much difference over time. And people can have much longer signatures.

I'm getting really annoyed with sites that include a big blob taking up space and covering stuff up to offer me the opportunity to like in facebook, or twitter, or any of the other social media sites.

They stay on the page, and won't be hidden by adblock plus. GRRRRrrrrr!

I'm getting really annoyed with sites that include a big blob taking up space and covering stuff up to offer me the opportunity to like in facebook, or twitter, or any of the other social media sites.

They stay on the page, and won't be hidden by adblock plus. GRRRRrrrrr!

I never go to any media to like something. I only go there if my g'kids have posted a new picture. So as far as I am concerned, they are wasting their time with me. :angel:

My daughter asked me to make her an apple pie along with the pumpkin cheesecake. I don't mind making it, but she has to buy the apples. She was supposed to take me shopping for the apples, but I have heard anything from her. Looks like she is not going to be getting an apple pie. I have told her twice, now it is up to her. Looks like she is getting no apple pie this year. Less work for me. :angel:

I never go to any media to like something. I only go there if my g'kids have posted a new picture. So as far as I am concerned, they are wasting their time with me. :angel:

That's why it really bugs me, Addie. I don't participate in any social media.

Once upon a time my daughter as well as a friend convinced me to join facebook. I never used it, never had a facebook page. That's how my stalker managed to rattle my cage by asking me to befriend him. Plus, I was getting friend requests from total strangers. That really bothered me. I'm a private person.

It took me a long time to get myself free of facebook, but eventually I was able to get them to delete my subscription.

DC is where I socialize.

We're supposed to go to the theatre tomorrow, but I still feel like a bus hit me. If I still feel like garbage in the morning, I can probably send a note to the director or stage manager to see if they could get rid of our tickets. Tomorrow is sold out, along with Saturday night. I really wanted to see my friends and the show though. :cry:

Sorry you're feeling so lousy, and might miss your show, CG. I'm sure you've been looking forward to a great night out. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

get_well_video_Cards.gif

Z

Last edited:
Okay, so I went with my husband to a doctor's appointment the other morning and I'm sitting in the waiting room, reading a magazine.
These two women come in and there's a TV on, so they position themselves so that can watch Kelly & Michael.
Meryl Streep is being interviewed and the one women turns to her friend and says, "she's such a nice girl, but she's no teenager. She really should cut her hair short like the rest of us."
WHAT?!

This a pet peeve of mine, for sure!
I'd like to know WHO made up the rule that once a women reaches a 'certain age' she must have her hair done by the same person who cuts her husbands'?!!!?

I wear my hair to just below my shoulders, in long layers AND I have bangs that I sweep to the side.
My DF in Prescott Arizona is a hairdresser, so we visit, chat, have some wine and she does my hair every couple of months.

I do like my hair cut in a pixie. But lately I have been letting it grow out. I now just push it behind my ears and wear the front brushed back off my face. I do like it short as in wash and wear. But right now, every so often while watching TV or just sitting, I will plug in my curling iron and play with my hair. I will admit it does look better with curls than just straight. But I think I have reach the length that I can stand. Time to go to the salon again and just tell her "OFF". Take it all of OFF. And she does. Just short of shaving it off.

I have seen women my age with hair a lot longer than mine and it looks beautiful. I just wish mine would turn all white. No half and half like it is now. :angel:

One more reason that I don't stop at Walmart.

I go to Walmart about once a year to get something I can't get anywhere else. One of my deal blogs alerted me to a good deal at Walmart, so since I was going to be near one I stopped by. I found the item brought it up and it rang up at 2.5 times the online price. I was told that they could not price match themselves. Here is the even crazier part, I could stand there and order it on my phone, watch an associate come over and pick one up, bring it to the pick up spot and go over there and pick it up for the lower price. So how much sense does that make? I don't have time to waste, so they aren't getting my money and I'll continue to shop elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom