Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find my best mosquito protection is standing next to DH. Mossies love him, and will leave me alone. He's a hit at outdoor parties, better than those mosquito coils. DH is not a sweets eater. Wonder if it has anything to do with certain blood types.

Last edited:
I can testify from personal experience that statement is incorrect.

I would have to agree with you. I didn't say it, only read it. According to the article, heavy people give off an odor that skeeters do not like. My first thought was "well maybe those folks need to take a shower or two. Then they will love them." :angel:

Well, I'm not very big - ~145 lbs; my body temperature tends to be low; I don't often drink beer; but skeeters love me. I have been bitten enough to have a histamine reaction to the bites, twice. And my blood isn't type O.

Well, I'm not very big - ~145 lbs; my body temperature tends to be low; I don't often drink beer; but skeeters love me. I have been bitten enough to have a histamine reaction to the bites, twice. And my blood isn't type O.

Mosquitoes are also attracted to bright colors (some more than others) and perspiration. I think also darker skin vs. lighter skin.

I get bitten as much now as when I used to sunbathe and tan. The only thing, other than DEET, that helps, is being near Stirling. He's the only person I know that skeeters like more than me.

If I'm by myself out in the yard, I am. If I have DH, he is, and draws their attention away from me, which I much prefer.

Himself and I will sit out on the front porch every once in a while. When I start to go in for the night he grabs my hand and says "don't leave me". Is is because he loves me deeply and will miss me? Heck no. It's because he's losing his mosquito magnet. :LOL:

Himself and I will sit out on the front porch every once in a while. When I start to go in for the night he grabs my hand and says "don't leave me". Is is because he loves me deeply and will miss me? Heck no. It's because he's losing his mosquito magnet. :LOL:

Next time he reaches out for you, slap a can of OFF into his hand.

:LOL: That's funny!

We don't have many skeeters here in the valley, it's too dry for them. Sometimes they'll hang around homes where there are birdbaths or horse water troughs, but for the most part they're not a problem, thank goodness. I'm a magnet too, when we go up to the river.

:LOL: That's funny!

We don't have many skeeters here in the valley, it's too dry for them. Sometimes they'll hang around homes where there are birdbaths or horse water troughs, but for the most part they're not a problem, thank goodness. I'm a magnet too, when we go up to the river.

I'll happily send you my mosquitos, Cheryl! Along with our rain. Talked with our dog boarder, who lives about a mile away, and she had 3" in her rain gauge.

You had me going there for a second. "How sweet. He enjoys having her at his side." Then I finished reading it. :angel:

I've had maybe 10 mosquito bites in my whole life. Mosquito's and other creepy critters aren't a problem here in general. However, when we are in Hawaii and other places, Steve will be eaten alive and not me.

The latest study says it's all in your DNA so I'm very thankful for good genes. Now you can blame your family for your bites!! ...Check this out..
Mosquito bites: a matter of genetics

Now this is just plain ridiculous. Outside weeding and I'm swarmed with skeeters.

This year's crop is really tiny mossies, unlike years before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom