Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The colorful tabs still won't keep a color for the same site, though, but at least I can read them.

If they would just fix that, my Favorites, and be able to access Yahoo, I'd be happy.

Bookmarks works, but doesn't give me the option of putting things where I want on my list. It's strictly alphabetical.

Having to use IE for Yahoo stinks. There is no ad blocker.

I got in trouble in the Nutrition class with that attitude. The instructor put 10 pounds of potatoes on the table so everyone could see how much weight it was...she then asked what we thought of that and I said it looked like a good start to a meal...I got applause, laughter and a dunce cap...:angel:

My immediate thought was "10 pounds of potatoes is the amount needed for a big patch of perogies..." does this mean I'd get a dunce cap too?

The colorful tabs still won't keep a color for the same site, though, but at least I can read them.

If they would just fix that, my Favorites, and be able to access Yahoo, I'd be happy.

Bookmarks works, but doesn't give me the option of putting things where I want on my list. It's strictly alphabetical.

Having to use IE for Yahoo stinks. There is no ad blocker.

You can modify your bookmarks to have any titles you want and sort them alphabetically. You can also create folders in the bookmarks to group similar links. For example, I have a folder for recipe sites.

I have no issue accessing Yahoo via FF. It may be a problem specific to your computer.

I have been dieting seriously for the last three months and today I went to the Doctor for a quarterly checkup. The scale in her office indicates that I only lost seven pounds. I was sure that it would show at least a twenty pound drop. I take up much less space now than I did three months ago, my clothes fit better and my A1C showed a drop of two full points but, that @#*X@ scale is making me crazy. It is strange how a number can rule your entire life!

Take measurements and you'll see a difference. It will make you feel better when the scale numbers don't move. I've been running long distances for a while now and haven't lost a single pound (or inch for that matter). So frustrating.

Take measurements and you'll see a difference. It will make you feel better when the scale numbers don't move. I've been running long distances for a while now and haven't lost a single pound (or inch for that matter). So frustrating.
I went for a long time without loosing, and found that at that time I needed to change the exercise. If you are running, try adding in a bike ride a week or playing soccer twice a week, etc. It is like our bodies need some sort of jump start again! I'm not sure why it works, but it does. :)

It's the magic of the human body...do you know that if you get dehydrated enough, your thirst mechanism fails and you can't tell you are thirsty. So if you should be thirsty...and you don't want to drink...you are already dehydrated and dangerously close to heat stroke. Lots and lots of water...besides nurses are not happy unless you are running to the bathroom all day!

I don't know about people, but I know dogs can't reach a point of being 15 % dehydrated. If they do, the organs start shutting down and they die--actually, 10% is hard to bring them back. Probably why I've got four gallons of "waterers" for seven chickens--I don't want them to become dehydrated. Saint Bernards need 3-5 liters of water / day to remain hydrated. I imagine we need about the same amount...

It's the magic of the human body...do you know that if you get dehydrated enough, your thirst mechanism fails and you can't tell you are thirsty. So if you should be thirsty...and you don't want to drink...you are already dehydrated and dangerously close to heat stroke. Lots and lots of water...besides nurses are not happy unless you are running to the bathroom all day!

Yes...flush that fat!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

So for being late. Chopper your dad isn't alone. Me and my dad never got along. When he died in 2003 it was only then that I realized how much I loved him and needed him.

It is just me and my mom now. She is blind and has been on dialysis going 5 days a week for 4 years. I take care of her, the house work, shopping, driving, etc. It isn't easy since I have suffered from severe depression since I was 5, tried to kill my self over a dozen times so far and was diagnosed schizophrenia when I was 17. I hear 5 distinct voices 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is like having 5 radios going on medium volume each tuned to a different station. It just takes so much out of me to keep... Sane.

Robert

Robert Barnett said:
So for being late. Chopper your dad isn't alone. Me and my dad never got along. When he died in 2003 it was only then that I realized how much I loved him and needed him.

It is just me and my mom now. She is blind and has been on dialysis going 5 days a week for 4 years. I take care of her, the house work, shopping, driving, etc. It isn't easy since I have suffered from severe depression since I was 5, tried to kill my self over a dozen times so far and was diagnosed schizophrenia when I was 17. I hear 5 distinct voices 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is like having 5 radios going on medium volume each tuned to a different station. It just takes so much out of me to keep... Sane.

Robert

Wow, Robert. Glad you're hanging in there. You have been to Hell and back.

I have a beloved cousin, diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression as a teen, who has probably the best sense of humor I have ever heard. On a lot of meds, that really seem to help. I think that is key.

Cooking is so therapeutic. You will find lots of support here from very good people. Just don't give up!

OMG. Baby Bro just posted a pic of my mom on Facebook that would put Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger as the Joker to shame in any Batman movie.

I plan to crucify him. Have already sent him a scathing email.:glare:

Happy venting. I just signed in and my Favorites are back! Now if they will fix it so I can access Yahoo email so I can stop having to use IE, I'll be satisfied.

I got an email from Yahoo yesterday. They want me to upgrade! At least they told me I wouldn't be able to get my old version back. I deleted the email. Enough with upgrades you can't check out and can't go back!

Robert--my brother has schizophrenia. Stay on your meds and know that there are people who care. You and your mom are lucky to have each other. I suspect that your dad couldn't handle the schizophrenia because he couldn't fix it--and felt that he had failed. This didn't mean he didn't love you, he most likely loved you more than life itself and couldn't handle that he couldn't make things better for you--I know my dad can't handle my brother's.

Know one new I had it until last year. Shocked the hell out of my mom, but she said it explained a lot. Right now I am not on meeds as I can't be out of commission which is what I am afraid would happen. I have to be able to take care of my mom. I just deal, it isn't easy but I manage.

I made the mistake of never letting my dad know that even though we didn't get along that I loved him. I am trying very hard to make sure my mom knows. Appreciate your family while you have them.

Robert

Robert Barnett said:
Know one new I had it until last year. Shocked the hell out of my mom, but she said it explained a lot. Right now I am not on meeds as I can't be out of commission which is what I am afraid would happen. I have to be able to take care of my mom. I just deal, it isn't easy but I manage.

I made the mistake of never letting my dad know that even though we didn't get along that I loved him. I am trying very hard to make sure my mom knows. Appreciate your family while you have them.

Robert

Oh boy. My cousin functions great with his meds, is able to work and drive, and has a great time with life. He is definitely not out of commission. Meds make all the difference for him.

I'm sure CW and others can vouch for meds. Are you getting any mental health assistance?

My doctor and I have tried 20 different drugs and they have all have had bad side effects. So for now I am dealing with it on my own.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom