Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Cheryl..we do love it here. The SousChef didn't mention, our airport is only for small panes that are so interesting to watch, and they can't fly at night as there's no runway lights. He needs to be home by sundown.:ohmy: I love when he flies over and waves the wings to me. Here's some interesting history of our lovely little historic airport. The sundown picture shows the Channel Islands off the coast, and the river when it had water in it.

History

How fun!! :LOL: Thanks for the history link, Kay - that sure is a beautiful sunset and river picture. And for such a tiny little airport, it sure does get a lot of flights!

Last edited:
I have some dear friends who can't spell to save their lives. They post often on major websites, and I just facepalm.

I see so many misspells on FB. I'm not perfect, but I do proofread before posting.

Seems to me the two threads are pretty much interchangeable as petty vents. Politics are off the table completely for major vents for example.

I just came back from seeing my MIL barely able to speak or move after a stroke. Complaining about someone asking why you live in a certain place seems in a different league to me.

I think Venting means discussing a major life experience, and Petty Vents is about the minor things that honk us off.

I just came back from seeing my MIL barely able to speak or move after a stroke. Complaining about someone asking why you live in a certain place seems in a different league to me.
GG, I completely understand. I remember when my wife came out of surgery after her subarachnoid hemorrhage. Everything else pales by comparison.

I think Venting means discussing a major life experience, and Petty Vents is about the minor things that honk us off.
That's how I understand it too.

I think a lot of people just see the title of the thread, "Venting" and put whatever here because they didn't know or remember there was a "Petty Vents" thread.

Venting

That's how I understand it too.

I think a lot of people just see the title of the thread, "Venting" and put whatever here because they didn't know or remember there was a "Petty Vents" thread.

Yes. It's a big difference from a relative having a stroke, and a cake falling.

Last edited:
Thank you, Souschef and Dawg.

Taxlady, I agree with you. And we have new members who I'm sure don't know we have different threads for different purposes. So I just wanted to mention it.

My vent, and this has been coming for 60 years: there are individuals who love to be in a sour mood, and who believe it's their right to be angry, and hateful to everyone around. There are also those who relish causing other people grief, whether they know the other people or not. Furthermore, there are people who believe that hatred is an acceptable life strategy, and that somehow, if they can hate someone else hard enough, in nullifies their inability to succeed in the world. There are a significant number of people who believe if they hold others down, it will put them on top. There are people who love hurting others simply because it brings them joy, makes them feel powerful.

None of these people will take ownership of their own failures. It's always someone else's fault.

Whether these people are the bullies who harass someone until they jump off of a bridge, or terrorize another child to steel his or her lunch money, or are that group that loves to strap bombs to people and tell them lies to get them to sacrifice themselves for the cause, they are the same.

My rant, there are people who make the conscious choice to be evil. Sometimes it's due to poor parenting, sometimes it's due to alienation by a society, sometimes it desperation, and sometimes, there's just something wrong their brains.

Fortunately, the good people outweigh the bad, by a huge margin. It's just that the bad can inflict fear because they have the ability to hurt a great many good, and innocent people in a very short period of time.

This year has got me down. We are into the holidays, a time that used to be magical, where often times, people of all faiths, or all beliefs were willing to set aside their differences, and try for a little while to be at their best behavior, where they put the joy of others before their own wants. Now, there are those who simply want everyone to despair.

Yes, there is great evil in this world, and we don't have to look very far to find it. But in my house, we will celebrate this Thanksgiving by being thankful for the blessings we have. This will continue throughout the Holiday season, and I hope, continue through every day of our lives.

I invite all of my friends on D.C. to forget the evil, so much as is possible, and dwell on the blessings we all have, and put the joy of others before our own. If we all take care of each other's needs, we will all have our own needs taken care of. I hope that all of you get, and take time off to share you talents, and joys with your families, friends, and neighbors. Have a joyful (meaning full of joy) Thanksgiving. And it's ok, be a kid and watch the Macy's parade tomorrow morning, no matter your age.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This.

I'm aware of the distinction between the two whenever I post but often times I'll reply to folks in the "Venting" thread without giving much thought to whether that poster's vent should rather have been in the "Petty vents" thread or not. I don't think any of this is intentional. Maybe, perhaps, the mods should simply move these posts to their appropriate threads.

Well said Chief. In difficult times like these, I try to remember:

5-martin-luther-king-quotes.jpg

I have some dear friends who can't spell to save their lives. They post often on major websites, and I just facepalm.

I see so many misspells on FB. I'm not perfect, but I do proofread before posting.

Pirate can't spell to save his life. I can't do math to save mine. So I help him with his spelling and he does all my math problems. He is a whiz with math. Give him a column of figures, and he can give you the answer immediately. :angel:

was walking thru an airport a week or so ago. They had a commercial on a big screen TV, not even sure what it was. There was this young actress in it. She's been in few movies as a child and now she is very pretty blond young adult. For a life of me I cannot remember what movies she was in or her name. For some reason it is bugging me to no end. Even woke up last night and could not fall back to sleep, kept trying to remember who she is. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom