Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, you might not be responsible for that bill. One time there was an issue with a medical treatment for DH. Insurance wouldn't pay, but they told us not to pay it, because it was the responsibility of the medical provider to make sure they had approval before providing the service. They fought it out between them and I don't know if it was every paid or not, but we didn't pay it. I don't know if it's the same with Comp.

Another bad night's sleep, another lazy day for me. If I get any lazier I'm going to turn into a cat.

A-sleeping-pet-cat-001.jpg

Meow...

Grumble. It's either Verizon or me, but our internet is shot. Can no longer get LTE to work for DC, though it works for everything else.

I have to poke at this teeny iPhone screen.

Had a terrible night's sleep last night, too. Sheesh. I used to be able to sleep at least 4-5 hours straight not that long ago, now I'm lucky if it's 2 hours without waking up. :ermm::huh:

Grrr...me, luddite.

Thank goodness for Dropbox. If it weren't for that, I would no longer have photos of my last kitty, trips to see our kids, vacations.... *sigh* Went to delete ONE photo from my phone "Gallery". When the main screen came up with all of my folders, the first photo in the "Camera" folder was the one I was planning on dumping. Sadly, I did not go to the individual photo, only selecting "delete" when I checked off what I had seen on my phone screen. *poof* Off into the ether went about 300 photos. :shock: :cry:

At least they are still in Dropbox. This will teach me to move a photo into its album as soon as I take that picture! The punishment you get when you procrastinate...

It's been a very mild winter. 3 days back, it snowed enough to break out the snowblower. I cleared the driveways and walkways. Last snow to clear was around the Webber Kettle. I move the barbecue grill and began to clear the snow. Suddenly, the machine came to an instantaneous stop, with the motor stalling. I checked, and the ash catcher had fallen off of the Webber and had been buried in snow. The auger scooped in up and the ash catcher wedged between rear tines of the auger and the auger bowl. No damage was done except that I can't move the auger, and the ash catcher is so tight that I can't pull it out. I have to remove the auger to get the ash catcher out. And wouldn't you know it, the night before last, and yesterday until about 5 p.m. we had snow and a blizzard, the first one of the year. Out came the shovel and me doing what I'd been doing for most of my life. I only bought the snowblower last year. It's what I get for using an old Webber whose leg sockets were welded onto the kettle bowl by my BIL. After I take DW to a doctor's appointment, I'll go out and start taking things apart. I have done my homework and found a repair manual online, and have studied it. Fortunately, I have a high mechanical apptitude and this should not be difficult. A few well wishes sent this way wouldn't hurt though.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just in a melancholy mood today. Too many mistakes in too few days. It just gives me a headache, which I have. Sorry I'm not a fun guy right now. It will pass. I'll get the snowblower fixed, and chores done, and maybe find something fun to do. I need someone to stand against the house, with their arms straight out, so that I can outline their body with snowballs. Yep, that would be fun. Any voluteers?:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm just in a melancholy mood today. Too many mistakes in too few days. It just gives me a headache, which I have. Sorry I'm not a fun guy right now. It will pass. I'll get the snowblower fixed, and chores done, and maybe find something fun to do. I need someone to stand against the house, with their arms straight out, so that I can outline their body with snowballs. Yep, that would be fun. Any voluteers?:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Fire when ready! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:) I hope your day is getting better, and sending best wishes to Mrs. Chief. :wub:

Last edited:
It's been a very mild winter. 3 days back, it snowed enough to break out the snowblower. I cleared the driveways and walkways. Last snow to clear was around the Webber Kettle. I move the barbecue grill and began to clear the snow. Suddenly, the machine came to an instantaneous stop, with the motor stalling. I checked, and the ash catcher had fallen off of the Webber and had been buried in snow. The auger scooped in up and the ash catcher wedged between rear tines of the auger and the auger bowl.

That sucks. Thankfully we have a nice neighbor with a lot of toys. When there's snow, he drives over with his 4 wheeler ATV that has a snow blade. Only takes him a few minutes to push all the snow out of the driveway. There still is a little in between our cars that I have to shovel but that only takes a few minutes.

Insurance, how many times can one complain about one? Apparently every time you deal with them. I sent a claim, made sure three times it had all necessary information. What do you think they did. They sent me a letter back stating that I didn't provide necessary information. I was so mad. Called them back. Person tells me not to worry. They have all the info they need. I almost exploded. I bet they do it on purpose just so they don't have to process the claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Insurance, how many times can one complain about one?

That reminds me.....State Farm (my insurance co) still owes me the $250 deductible I had to pay out of my own pocket after my wife's vehicle was side swiped back in Dec of 2014. The other party admitted fault and their insurance were supposed to reimburse State Farm for the total repair bill. When I made my first inquiry to SF about my refund they told me that they had trouble collecting from the other party.....that was about 3 months ago...
I think I'll call again during the week.

Asian ladybugs and errant queen wasps. They're all over my sunroom, and my handheld vac is in constant use. I have no idea how they've been getting in, but they're all over. Someone had the brilliant idea years ago of importing Asian ladybugs to help control aphid populations on soybeans, and it backfired. And to add to the joy, the little suckers bite. Native ladybugs don't come inside, and don't nip.

The queen wasps are slow-moving and easy to catch and squish in a kleenex, but care is needed as they can sting.

Dawg, I hear you about those ugly lady beetles. We get a huge crop of them every spring in a family room window. It faces east, but it's as close as you can get to the south side of the house without going around the corner. And in my bathroom. I've found one laying in the bottom of my water cup more than once. :sick:

Decades ago, Himself gave me a really nice le Creuset frypan like this one:

il_214x170.691925381_r9xy.jpg

After I used it yesterday, I set it bottoms-up on the stove top...and, apparently, too close to the edge. It slid past the edge and bounced off of the floor. :ermm: At least it wasn't my foot, and I did have a throw rug in front of the stove. However, the drop cracked the pan straight through the metal down one side of the handle and partway across the underside of the handle. :cry: Himself said it's still OK to use, but I'm the one handling it with hot foods in it! I think I'll go with his suggestion of relegating it to grill duty. He said after he cooks on it he'll just leave it in place until it cools.

I'm really bummed about this. Until I started reading stuff about CI here at DC and also Serious Eats, this pan had hid in the cupboard. I didn't use/clean it correctly when I first got it and the interior of the pan looked like something you wouldn't want to cook on. Now it's nice and shiny, black as new...and, now, broken. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom