Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know why does it have to be like that. It's painful to deal with.

Yes it can be!
Ok here's my vent, my mother is the most negative Nellie I've ever been around! It's exhausting!
Now, with that off my chest... I'm sorry mom :LOL:

Merlot, you can get mine, she constantly whistles... with out noticing her self. It drives us bonkers, thank God we seldom meet.

Merlot, you can get mine, she constantly whistles... with out noticing her self. It drives us bonkers, thank God we seldom meet.

:ROFLMAO: whistling or complaining hmm... gosh, I think I will dislike both of them if you don't mind :angel:

I have a few of those...:shock:

I have one that came with this apartment. You have to remember that the majority of the people who come to live here, also come here to die.

My ghost is named Margaret. She was the previous tenant and one of the first tenants to move into this building. She got very sick from what my neighbor told me, became very delusional and when they came to take her to the hospital, she put up a good fight. She ended up dying in the apartment before they could get her out the door. The medics worked on her for almost an hour to no avail. They had her on the geurney and the sheet pulled up when the finally took her out.

So now every time anyone goes into the kitchen, it only takes about one minute, and then you have to make a mad dash for the bathroom. We think it is Margaret forcing us out of her kitchen. That is the room where she died. I have seen this happen to the maintenance workers and even the manager and the top boss when they come for the yearly inspections. You don't even have to turn the faucet on for this to happen to you.

This has happened to my sister, daughter, grandchildren, etc. To anyone who has the audacity to go into her kitchen. Anyone want a ghost named Margaret?

Yes it can be!
Ok here's my vent, my mother is the most negative Nellie I've ever been around! It's exhausting!
Now, with that off my chest... I'm sorry mom :LOL:

Hun, you just have to find a way to deal with her. Mine did all kind of things to me, the worst being taking off with my kid and having to be threatened with me calling the cops on her to bring her back. She also implied to people that Craig, my second husband, was bribing DD with money to keep her from telling people he was molesting her, he wasn't, was just giving her money to try to get her to like and accept him in our lives, misguided, but he was never around kids before. She also stole from me in later years, coins, other things that would be handed down because she didn't trust me to keep them supposedly. I'm adopted, she was tall and slender, I'm not and never have been since I hit puberty. She'd harp on me about my weight, yet kept all manner of sweets in the house because she had a sweet tooth, and always fixed me some too. In later years, she'd complain about my cooking, housekeeping, etc., until I finally hit my limit 1 holiday and just exploded. Told her if she so disliked the way I did things not to let the door hit her bottom (and that's NOT the word I used) on her way out and not to darken our door again. Of course, there were some tears, as she always cried whenever she was confronted about her crap, but we just ignored her, and she never said a word to my face again. She did bitch about me behind my back, but at least I didn't have to hear her mouth. Best thing I ever did was blowing up at her.

Addie, DD and I both have had some odd experiences. Craig's oldest brother had a big, bold personality. He stayed with me and Craig for a while after a hurricane destroyed his home. After he passed, DD and her family lived in the home he purchased after the hurricane for a year or so. We both had experiences when the houses were quiet, odd noises, seeing movement in the corner of our eyes, feeling of being watched sometimes, where we thought he was in the respective houses with us, nothing malevolent, just going about daily living. Don't think it was a ghost, just maybe a psychic imprint? We both thought we were going crazy until she brought it up to me 1 day and we started comparing notes. Don't know what it was, but it was definitely something and eventually faded away.

My mom has monitored my weight my whole life. Either I'm too skinny or too fat. She is also worried about what other people think. Oh no we can't have alcohol at your reception, what would the family think. Oh your (female) cousin married her gf but we aren't telling anyone. If you aren't married then don't tell anyone that you live together. Your aunt is a bitch but the next day, oh she is wonderful she did this for me... she drives me batty... I sware I don't care what you think of me. That's ALL she cares about, is what people will say. If I am on the phone with her, I don't care who calls, she hangs up with me... oh that's so and so calling :LOL: which is ok because she DRIVES me crazy! :ermm:

My mother was one of 12 siblings. Oh dear, they were all playing this stupid game where they got points for what their kids did. Of course they didn't admit it, but that's the best description of their gossipy, judgmental behaviour I have heard. I think it happens in a lot of families.

Pirate is staying with me. He has neuropathy in his legs and the pain it going up his spine. All day long I hear about how his pain is worse than mine. He forgets that there is a very valid reason I have a scooter to be able to make a run to the store. There is a reason I am able to have an opioid drug prescribed for me to take three times a day.

Yet in spite of his pain, he refuses to keep his appointments with his doctors, do what they say or take the tests and medications that are prescribed for him. He knows what he needs, they don't. He has done nothing about his housing.

Up to this past week, I have ignored him. But not anymore. I have started to complain right along with him. He has a headache, I have a migraine. His spine hurts, my whole back is out of kilter, whatever his complaint, mine is worse. And by five this evening, he started to complain, and I spoke up. Shut the F*** UP! I yelled at him so loud, I did give myself a headache. I had a few more words for him that he didn't want to hear. Too bad. I am sick of hearing his complaints and yet refuses to do anything about it. Pirate never hears me swear. And I don't allow it in my home.

I reminded him that this is my home, not his. "Go find your own home" If he doesn't like having dirty dishes in my sink, too bad. Go get your own sink. I lit into him like I have never gone after anyone before.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. And without any apology.

Life is a bowl of cherries. If you enjoy the delicious fruit, you need to put up with the pits.

I have nothing to complain about. I mean, there ARE plenty of things I could complain about. But...for the third time in just two years, our son and his group of very close friends has had a close friend die. Two years ago, 45 year old Matthew lost his battle to brain cancer. Last month Michael (who was 54) died because of a heart attack. Yesterday, their friend AJ died in an auto accident - he was 41. Too many gone too young and too soon.

I have friends and family who can annoy me. I may complain about them, I may wish they did things differently, some days I wish they would just all go away. And then something happens and they are...gone.

Hold your dear ones close. There may come a day you wish you hadn't complained...

Stupid fire fighter conclusion, yup the boy is dumber than a stump.:LOL: After someone showed him how to turn the compressor on (yes you have to throw the knife switch to the "ON" position to get power to the compressor). He then told the chief he couldn't get the bottles to fill past "3000 psi" without something blowing off in the fill station.:ohmy: The chief went there to confirm this with 2 other fire fighters present. The chief observed that it wouldn't go past "3000 psi" without air blowing off in the fill station.:rolleyes: I went back and adjusted the pressure to 4500 psi without issue.:) I called the chief and asked him if his guys knew the difference between psi and bar? The dumb ass was mistaking 300 bar for 3000 psi. 300 bar is about 4500 psi and the air blowing off was the safety relief going off, as it should, when the pressure is adjusted above 4500 psi.:ROFLMAO: Stupid was looking at the wrong scale on the gauge.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for wasting my time!:mad:

Sounds like the Chief deliberately sent the dumbasses that were standing at the back telling jokes instead of paying attention.

So glad you had the last laugh Craig.

Craig...

It appears that qualification levels for firefighters in your area seem lacking..
That's truly sad for the citizenry which depends on those "dumbasses" to help when tragedy strikes..

My step father was a firefighter for most of his adult life.. He was not an educated man but, knew no fear when confronted with a structure or automobile fire.. Its possible that he might not have been able to fill those bottles but, he literally pulled both live and dead bodies from buildings and autos over his long, dangerous career.. Despite his lack of education, I'd be hard pressed to call him a dumbass..

Ross

Stupid fire fighter conclusion, yup the boy is dumber than a stump...Stupid was looking at the wrong scale on the gauge.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for wasting my time!:mad:

My Dad used to install and repair Mass Spectrometers...so many calls for help where Dad either drove or flew to a location far away, renting a car, staying in hotels only to turn the switch to "on" or plugging it in for the fix. :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Craig...

It appears that qualification levels for firefighters in your area seem lacking..
That's truly sad for the citizenry which depends on those "dumbasses" to help when tragedy strikes..

My step father was a firefighter for most of his adult life.. He was not an educated man but, knew no fear when confronted with a structure or automobile fire.. Its possible that he might not have been able to fill those bottles but, he literally pulled both live and dead bodies from buildings and autos over his long, dangerous career.. Despite his lack of education, I'd be hard pressed to call him a dumbass..

Ross

The chief told me that 20 years ago, if I were giving a training session, all ears and eyes would have been glued to me, their job depended on it. Now the union makes it almost impossible to get rid of dead weight.:mad:

BTW, this isn't common to just "my area".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom