Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't even answer those calls. If I don't recognize the number or it's a caller ID that's not already connected to me, I just hang up. I never answer so I never know who's calling for which scam.

I recently got a call with a caller ID of "Scam Call". and "Anonymous" is a regular caller.

Same here. I never answer a call from a number I don't recognize. I surely would not call an unrecognized # back, especially if there is no msg or the msg is suspicious.

I turn the sound off on my cell phone when I go to bed. Close family members have my land line number if there's an emergency. So far, I haven't gotten any middle-of-the-night scam calls on my land line.

Last edited:
I don't even answer those calls. If I don't recognize the number or it's a caller ID that's not already connected to me, I just hang up. I never answer so I never know who's calling for which scam.

I recently got a call with a caller ID of "Scam Call". and "Anonymous" is a regular caller.

I don't answer, either, but I end up with a bunch of robo-call voice mails I have to clean out.

CD

When I get one of these calls, I will often just play with the caller. It goes something like this for a free trip on a cruise.

Do you have some money you can send me so I can take the bus to where the ship is tied up?

I am 102 y.o. Is there going to be any young men I can molest on the trip?

Can I be buried at sea if I die on the boat?

Do you mind if I report you to the Federal Govt. for violating the "No Call Law?"

A BIG LOUD "CLICK .

You get the idea. I get a lot of stuttering from the other end of the conversation.

I am probably doing dishes or developing a new skill while standing on one leg and I need a break for fun.

When I get one of these calls, I will often just play with the caller. It goes something like this for a free trip on a cruise.

Do you have some money you can send me so I can take the bus to where the ship is tied up?

I am 102 y.o. Is there going to be any young men I can molest on the trip?

Can I be buried at sea if I die on the boat?

Do you mind if I report you to the Federal Govt. for violating the "No Call Law?"

A BIG LOUD "CLICK .

You get the idea. I get a lot of stuttering from the other end of the conversation.

I am probably doing dishes or developing a new skill while standing on one leg and I need a break for fun.

We're talking ROBO calls here, Addie. :ermm: I can't even remember the last time I (or anyone else I know) got a spam call from a real person. Do you seriously still get those and continue to play with them like that??

I never had time or inclination for that nonsense, even back when they were real humans.

Last edited:
I don't answer, either, but I end up with a bunch of robo-call voice mails I have to clean out.

CD

When I got my new phone with a new number, I never set up my voice mail. And I intend to keep it that way. My kids and anyone who knows me, sends me a message instead. The only message that I get that is not from a known person is my phone company thanking me for my monthly payment. Even though it is on automatic payment.

Just being in the hospital for three days, I came home to more than 200 emails that I had to clean out.

This is a major vent.:furious:

When our driver delivered us home from our cruise, we opened the front door to the most PUTRID SMELL in our house!! We're always careful to have all the trash emptied and lemons run down the garbage disposal before we leave. The fridge and bottom freezer smelled fine but the smell in the whole house was way beyond polite description. We threw all doors and windows open and turned on all ceiling fans along with the vent over the stove, as the stink hunt went on.

We have a 6 cu ft. freezer in the guest bedroom, and it seemed to be fine too until we noticed a bag of shrimp next to it on the carpet that had fallen out and obviously been there for nearly two weeks.! OMG...we removed it and slammed the door.
For the last few days on the carpet, we've used baking soda, vinegar powder, and more baking soda and vinegar powder. Today Amazon delivered a spray can of something called "RMR extreme odor eliminator" and after several applications it seems to be somewhat working .The next step is a carpet cleaning professional, or have the carpet replaced. Any other ideas are welcome.
The bottom line is we don't have a taste for shrimp on the menu anytime soon.

Grrr.:censored:

Oh dear KL. That sounds awful. You get home from vacation and just want to relax, but you have to switch into high gear, fix-this-now mode. (((Hugs)))

At least your house wasn't full of bees. :rolleyes:

Smells are often a result of bacteria. Kill the bacteria first, then clean the carpet. I use isopropyl alcohol. I dump it on heavy to soak the carpet and carpet pad, right down to what's under the carpet and pad.

Then, I can clean the carpet -- or have it cleaned.

I use alcohol, because it doesn't hurt the carpet.

Good luck!

CD

Thanks for the hugs Taxi.

Casey, thanks for the hint. We'll try the isopropyl alcohol when we open the guest room door tomorrow. Needless to say, we won't be hosting guests till the problem is solved. I don't like house guests anyway, but we need the freezer stash in there.
ACK!!!!

Last edited:
I understand your pain.

We had a similar problem when SO left a bag of shrimp on top of the freezer in the basement. We discovered it before it got as bad as yours.

Oh dear Kayelle, I'm sure many have had similar of ... AWKK's!/OMG nooo! GAG!

I once came home after 2 weeks during a very hot summer. My walk-up apartment on the 3rd floor had been tightly closed up. I entered the kitchen and there sitting on the counter was a 1 lb package of ground beef.

I stood very still and sniffed the air. No smell. But I knew as soon as I were to move it the stench would be gut wrenching. I opened the front door, went down the hall to the garbage drop, propped it open. Went back, snatched it up and ran like the devil.

Not too bad. LOL!

This is a major vent.:furious:

When our driver delivered us home from our cruise, we opened the front door to the most PUTRID SMELL in our house!!...we noticed a bag of shrimp next to it on the carpet that had fallen out and obviously been there for nearly two weeks.! OMG...we removed it and slammed the door...
Oh Yuck, Kayelle! :sick: I hope you manage to get rid of the smell completely without having to spend much money.

Update: WOOO HOO..this stuff really did the trick after several applications and I plan on writing a glowing review for the product. Phew!!!

https://www.rmrsolutions.com/products/rmr-odor-x-extreme-odor-eliminator

Out of absolute need, due to needing a commode (apologize for the description) right next to my bed, I will be purchasing this product. The odor caused from the need of this, has been a constant source of unbearable tolerance. Anytime I have had to have any medical personnel come for a visit, I can see the discomfort they have to endure. I have become somewhat immune to it. (The family joke is that I could have my head stuck into the city sewer and not smell it.) Even when Pirate empties it constantly.

Thank you so much for bringing this product to my attention.

Update: WOOO HOO..this stuff really did the trick after several applications and I plan on writing a glowing review for the product. Phew!!!

https://www.rmrsolutions.com/products/rmr-odor-x-extreme-odor-eliminator

I did a search. There is one place right here in Mass. not too far from where I live. And if I can't order it from there, I can also order it right on line from Amazon Prime. Two cans of this spray will be ordered today. One great BIG thank you!

Febreze just doesn't cut it anymore.

Same here. I never answer a call from a number I don't recognize. I surely would not call an unrecognized # back, especially if there is no msg or the msg is suspicious.

I turn the sound off on my cell phone when I go to bed. Close family members have my land line number if there's an emergency. So far, I haven't gotten any middle-of-the-night scam calls on my land line.

I have been on the Do Not Call Registry for a number of years. But that doesn't stop the phone calls. So Pirate set up my phone to where if the name is not on my contact list, the call never rings my phone. It goes right into the spam folder. Sure enough, I take a peek into there every so often, and I do not recognize one number. Then I empty that folder. I also do not have my voicemail set up. If there is a message from someone and I missed it, it shows up on my missed calls from someone who is on my contact list. It is usually from Lewis Mall regarding an upcoming appointment.

I did a search. There is one place right here in Mass. not too far from where I live. And if I can't order it from there, I can also order it right on line from Amazon Prime. Two cans of this spray will be ordered today. One great BIG thank you!

Febreze just doesn't cut it anymore.

A huge THANK YOU Kayelle. My can arrived today. We put it to the test with the commode. Absolutely no odor. We even left the lid up for a couple of hours. And believe me, there was plenty in there to create an odor. Will be ordering another can long before this can runs out. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom