Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 48848

The replacement arms to our two patio chairs arrived this morning via FedEx ground.
The delivery driver simply placed a huge box on our front patio and left!
No knock, no doorbell ring, nothing!
It just so happened that DH was leaving for the post office when he saw the trucking driving away... glad he went to check.

Call us glutton's for punishment!
After much discussion, DH and I came to the conclusion that we'd bite that preverbal bullet and go ahead and order the matching Loveseat and Market Umbrella to complete our Patio Furniture Set.

Guess what?

The matching fabric is out of stock now until the ending of November :mad:

Did I not try to convince DH to order it all one crack back in April?
At the time he felt that we should order things piece-meal and spread out the cost.
NOW ...
:blink::huh::censored:
Oh well, that's how the dice roll sometimes. Dang it!

I'm a night owl. I got to bed at around 03h30. Construction noise started not far from my bedroom window at about 08h00. I tried to get back to sleep, but couldn't. Our produce basket arrived while DH was in a work meeting. The driver couldn't find my house. I had to go outside and wave at him. Then, while the meeting was still going, our booze order arrived. I can't leave that outside my front door. So, I had to dash down the stairs again and drag in the heavy box.

Later, when I unpacked the basket, they had sent me two, not one, basil plants. (I only got charged for one.) And the young rainbow chard is huge. I have some pots in my living room, where I plant stuff like that, because it lasts much longer than in the fridge, but now I have to find more space than I had figured on.

That was more than I wanted to deal with in a hurry, with not enough sleep. I'm exhausted. I have washed the peppers, apples, and a lemon. They are drying and I will put them in the fridge in a little while. I still have to plant that darned basil and rainbow chard.

Okay, end of rant. I just wanted to complain.

I'm a night owl. I got to bed at around 03h30. Construction noise started not far from my bedroom window at about 08h00. I tried to get back to sleep, but couldn't. Our produce basket arrived while DH was in a work meeting. The driver couldn't find my house. I had to go outside and wave at him. Then, while the meeting was still going, our booze order arrived. I can't leave that outside my front door. So, I had to dash down the stairs again and drag in the heavy box.

Later, when I unpacked the basket, they had sent me two, not one, basil plants. (I only got charged for one.) And the young rainbow chard is huge. I have some pots in my living room, where I plant stuff like that, because it lasts much longer than in the fridge, but now I have to find more space than I had figured on.

That was more than I wanted to deal with in a hurry, with not enough sleep. I'm exhausted. I have washed the peppers, apples, and a lemon. They are drying and I will put them in the fridge in a little while. I still have to plant that darned basil and rainbow chard.

Okay, end of rant. I just wanted to complain.

Complain away, Taxy. Now, if you can. drink some hot, sleepy time herbal tea, and get a much needed nap.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Annual check up for my 5-MPH bumpers today at the hospital's imaging center. I'll happily go through five minutes of serious discomfort for a year's worth of peace-of-mind - because I might not catch something the ol' scanner could catch.

Anyway, I call to pre-register on Monday. Park where I usually do - a less-often used parking lot and a door that doesn't have the TSA security arch and guard. Get to imaging just in the nick of time (road detour since last year that added time) and...find out that I have to go back to the main entrance to answer Covid-related questions. Now I don't object to the questioning, I understand I might end up in a line, but for Pete's sake (and mine), could they please advise people when they phone to pre-register that a new step has been added? Thankfully I was taken in and didn't have to reschedule my appointment.

The girl at the desk said that the new policy had been in effect for a few months. I apologized for being healthy and having no clue since I hadn't been to the hospital since a year ago. I'd rather be clueless; I don't want a Frequent Customer Card for a hospital!

I may have just fallen victim to a phishing scam, where I got an email stating that over 300,00 was removed for annual auto-renewal of McAfee. The instructions gave a phone number to call to cancel, and get a refund. I felt inspired by what I believe is the Holy Ghost to avoid this and made the call. The scammer wanted for me to install a program by which he could access my computer, and download to me a refund form. Like a fool, I did it. I quickly changed my mind an uninstalled it. I also checked my financial accounts to see if the amount stated for renewal had been taken from any of them. They haven't been touched. I can only hope I was able to block this by uninstalling the share program. I know better than to do this. I'm kin of kicking myself right now.:(

Oh, dear, Chief! There are bad folks everywhere, it seems. For months and months, we got the call on the home phone, the phone that we never answer, that said Microsoft was closing and we needed to call to get our refund, or pay something, I forget, so that our computer would work. Microsoft going out of business. Yeah, right.

When we were out camping with friends, earlier this year, our friends got a call from dad with a similar report of a caller like yours.

Just got back from the market. The woman behind us...and because she was behind us, this can be a "petty vent," were I behind her, might not be so petty...LOL. Anyway, she must have bought at least 6 boxes of every kind of pasta and rice mix they have in the store. To each his own, but she was on the cell phone so she could only put 3-4 boxes on the belt at a time. Just what she could grab, move and adjust on the belt with one hand. The other was occupied holding the phone.

Really!? Then, when the checker asks if she wants paper or plastic, she can't even answer her. This is a bag-you-own place, but the checker needs to know as they now have to charge for plastic bags. Sigh.

name-graphics-ginny-932103.gif

Just got back from the market. The woman behind us...and because she was behind us, this can be a "petty vent," were I behind her, might not be so petty...LOL. Anyway, she must have bought at least 6 boxes of every kind of pasta and rice mix they have in the store. To each his own, but she was on the cell phone so she could only put 3-4 boxes on the belt at a time. Just what she could grab, move and adjust on the belt with one hand. The other was occupied holding the phone.

Really!? Then, when the checker asks if she wants paper or plastic, she can't even answer her. This is a bag-you-own place, but the checker needs to know as they now have to charge for plastic bags. Sigh.

name-graphics-ginny-932103.gif

Obviously, that shopper is the most important person on the planet, and common courtesy isn't something she needs to practice. (this is sarcasm, just so I'm not misunderstood). She's part of the problem with our society. She'd be the first to complain if she was inconvenienced by someone else. All we can really do is be courteous, and respectful of others, and hope our example helps change others for the better. GinnyPNW, I can tell from your posts that you help make this old world a better place.

Oh, dear, Chief! While I do try, I'm not sure I succeed each and every day!

Can't find a blushing Smiley face...but picture it here!

We are not expected to be perfect in this life. We are expected to try our best and when we falter, and fail, to try again. As we go through mortality, we learn and grow from everything we experience. I have to pick myself up, reevaluate myself, and try again regularly, just like everyone does. The difference is that we keep trying to get better. You are a class act Ginny.

Disappointed with the grandkids today. Just got home from dialysis and was planning to make a good dinner for them, as Mom and Dad will be home from work late. Breakfast dishes, with food still on them, weren't cleaned up. I asked if one of them would get me a package of antelope meat out of the freezer. There are multiple small freezers in the house, all of the easy to get to, for the. For me, it's climbing stairs, which I can do, but is a challenge if I have to carry something. Not one of the three was willing to assist. I called out the unwashed dishes in the kitchen and got "That's not my job. My job is to do..."

Tonight, dinner is going to be canned, condensed tomato soup. If they are unwilling to cooperate with me, I'm not putting out the effort to make something tasty for them. I don't even feel like taking them to their soccer practice tonight. I'm obligated to do that however. There will be no desert , and the most basic meal. That's all they deserve.:angry:

Chief Longwind of the North

Disappointed with the grandkids today. Just got home from dialysis and was planning to make a good dinner for them, as Mom and Dad will be home from work late. Breakfast dishes, with food still on them, weren't cleaned up. I asked if one of them would get me a package of antelope meat out of the freezer. There are multiple small freezers in the house, all of the easy to get to, for the. For me, it's climbing stairs, which I can do, but is a challenge if I have to carry something. Not one of the three was willing to assist. I called out the unwashed dishes in the kitchen and got "That's not my job. My job is to do..."

Tonight, dinner is going to be canned, condensed tomato soup. If they are unwilling to cooperate with me, I'm not putting out the effort to make something tasty for them. I don't even feel like taking them to their soccer practice tonight. I'm obligated to do that however. There will be no desert , and the most basic meal. That's all they deserve.:angry:

Chief Longwind of the North

Geez Chief, I'd say that they didn't deserve anything,
it'd be fend for yourself kid!

Geez Chief, I'd say that they didn't deserve anything,
it'd be fend for yourself kid!

Then they'd eat goodies, like Nutella and toast, or bananas, or something like chocolate milk. Nope, they get only the simplest of foods.

Maybe I should have made them plain oatmeal, with no sweeteners or milk. Ah, I can't be that mean.

Last edited:
Uh, oh...the TP shortage returns...

Had to run out to Walmart for paper products...computer/printer paper, paper towels and TP. It was 1PM and no TP to be found. Well, no Charmin (regular). They had the super strength stuff, but we're on a septic tank, so we don't want the super strong stuff.

Sigh. I guess we'll be getting up early and going straight to Walmart for TP tomorrow. Although we don't let it run down as low as we used to do. Learned our lesson the hard way and don't want to revisit that lesson! Especially when someone (DH) in the house has Colitis!

We noticed a lot of depleted shelving around the store. Hmmmm....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom