Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:mad:
I bought a boatload of Tupperware products when my DH and I first got together some 30+ years ago.
I spent that kinda of money thinking that our investment in all of those containers would be protected by their Life Time Warranty.

WELL!

Mostly all of the lids have failed over the past year, to the point now that the ones that I use the most are down to only 2 lids that are of any use.

I have been going to Tupperware's site and/or calling for months now, and I'm getting pretty PO'd!!

"TUPPERWARE® WARRANTY
Please note that we are currently upgrading our warranty system. At this time, we’re unable to process warranty claims and we apologize for this inconvenience.

We expect to be able to begin processing warranty claims soon. Once we reopen our warranty system, you will be able to submit all claims, including those that exist today. "

Well now, I could say chuck it and purchase just the lids, but we're talking about a good many of them. :angry:

Not the same thing...but, last summer DH had a dental "procedure" and required a driver to be on the premises. I waited in the car. It was warm. I left the door open. The interior light drained the battery. Sigh. Last thing one needs after surgery is a car that won't start.

When we got home, I ordered a "jump box" and it resides under the driver's seat. 95 bucks is cheap insurance, in my mind.

I used to have a car charger. It was great. The thing wouldn't switch on if the cables weren't hooked up right. It was just like getting a boost, but without the risk. It lasted about five years before it wouldn't hold a charge.

Mine lasted for 1 charge and then died. Even with the 'trickle charge' per the instructions. Of course, this was not known til it was needed again.
$$ down the drain.

Mine lasted for 1 charge and then died. Even with the 'trickle charge' per the instructions. Of course, this was not known til it was needed again.
$$ down the drain.

Mine didn't have a trickle charger. It was basically for jump starting a vehicle. It was one of the Canadian Tire house brands. It was the size of a car battery, but fully encased. It had a powerful light and a cigarette lighter port. I found it useful and am not discouraged from buying another one, even though I would have hoped it would last longer. OTOH, looking at the one that Ginny got, I would probably want something that size.

:mad:

I bought a boatload of Tupperware products when my DH and I first got together some 30+ years ago.

I spent that kinda of money thinking that our investment in all of those containers would be protected by their Life Time Warranty.

WELL!

Mostly all of the lids have failed over the past year, to the point now that the ones that I use the most are down to only 2 lids that are of any use...

Well now, I could say chuck it and purchase just the lids, but we're talking about a good many of them. :angry:
I'm guessing that if you used the lids in the microwave, they'll say that the warranty is void. Most Tupperware is not microwave safe.

I do have a suggestion. Whether it works or not I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Many plastics will return to their original shape if warmed. Try soaking a lid in hot water - but not so hot you can't put your hand in it - and then put the lid on its container. Let it cool completely before you take it off. I hope that works.

I had an incredible amount of Tupperware when I moved into my house, in '83, which I got from my Mom, who, back in the 60s, maybe before, sold Tupperware! This tells you how old this stuff was! Back when the info came out about BPA being so dangerous, I got rid of most of the containers (well, I didn't actually get rid of them, but they are good for holding various junk in my workshop or shed), except the 2 large ones my flour is in. Amazing how old those things are.

I'm guessing that if you used the lids in the microwave, they'll say that the warranty is void. Most Tupperware is not microwave safe.

I do have a suggestion. Whether it works or not I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Many plastics will return to their original shape if warmed. Try soaking a lid in hot water - but not so hot you can't put your hand in it - and then put the lid on its container. Let it cool completely before you take it off. I hope that works.

Nah, the lids on most of my Tupperware have cracked, simply from alot of loving use. I use most of my pieces for storage, flour, sugar, etc.
I have 4 that I put all of the fruit that I cut up for the `fridge.
But I've never put any of my pieces in the micro.

Just sos ya knows; tying too many flies in a day makes the muscles on either side of the cervical, and thoracic vertebrae ache.:( And it's too early to go to bed.

My mouth is telling me to drink something cold and refreshing, like my Jungle Juice slushie; while m body says - no, you wat something warm and comforting, like a hot malted milk. My belly says, I'm still full from dinner. Don't you put anything else in me. Woe, woe is me.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My dishwasher went out, again, back on the 11th of this month.
I thought about having it repaired, but why?
Why not just buy a new one?

I placed an order for a Bosch 100 series with Lowes' and they couldn't give me a date, to call them in a few days.
I got a phone call today from Lowes', they have no idea when it would be available :huh:

So I did a WWW search for appliance stores in our area and Best Buy popped up.
On their site, they had a model the model that I wanted at $200 less than what I paid Lowes'!!!

I called to their customer service department and was told that it would be available April 24th, that it was coming straight from the Bosch factory.

DH is at the dentist, so I had to make an executive decision ... I bought it!

NOW!
Let's see what happens ...

In the mean time, I don't think that I'll be having any more dealing with Lowes' :mad:

We've got fingers and paws crossed for you, K-Girl! We had a similar situation for MIL, late last year. We too ended up at Lowe's after trying Home Depot. (Our favorite appliance store is no longer selling appliances...sigh...just building cabinets.) Anyway, our saleperson ended up telling us that the computer gives a date, but they don't seem to come thru. At that time, he blamed it on the microchip shortage. He advised us to get something that they have in the warehouse. We looked around and found one that we liked and they did have in stock. Woo hoo! Now comes the delivery and installation. That was 2 months out!! He blamed that on a lack of installation guys.

In the end, we went home and brought our trailer to pickup and take to MIL's. Then we got on the schedule with our plumber for installation. They were 2 weeks out, but much better than 2 months!

Sadly, our dishwasher went on the fritz a few weeks back. The repair guy was 4 weeks out, when he came, he could only diagnose and order parts. Sigh. So, we are another 3-4 weeks until he can come back. We have a scheduled appt for April 15th and wait-listed for any cancellations that might come up leaving a 2 hour window for the fix.

We do have a back-up, brand new dishwasher in the garage. When we replaced the cooktop and oven, it came with a matching/free dishwasher. The sales guy explained that it was a package, so we might as well take it and sell it. Since we already had a new dishwasher and no need for a new one, we put it in the garage. I really like the one we have and it is super quiet. Something that is necessary with our "open concept" greatroom setup. Necessary so we can watch TV and run the dishwasher...LOL.

Andy, I had never thought to look at Best Buy for an sort of appliance.

Ginny, I too have all fingers, toes, paws, eyes ... everything crossed that we get this one!!!

When DH came home and told him about what transpired, his first question was, "Are you sure that we're going to get this one?"

Good question, we'll just have to wait and see.

Then I thought, well, maybe we could have this piece of ---- repaired in the mean time ... NOPE!! My guy is booked out for the next 6 weeks! :wacko:

So here we are... it's going to be paper plates, plastic spoons and cups , for now. I'm going to be washing dishes, pots, pans, glasses, cutlery, and all manor of eating/cooking utensils for ANOTHER 30+ days! NO!
The weather is getting nicer, so I'll plan meals around the grill and that's the name of that tune!

Kgirl, I feel for yuh! But that's really a sign of the times isn't it? We've had dishwashers/stoves/fridges/washers/dryers last for decades. One of my favourite freezers was bought 2nd hand and lasted another 60 years plus I sold it to a friend when I moved last year.

Seems to me you just moved into that house and already the appliances are giving out...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom