Pics from the garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great Jeekins.
I am at least a full month behind you.

That's because Jeekins dusted the snow off his garden and planted his New Jersey garden in MARCH, suzi! LOL!

Anyway, his taking a chance paid off - the garden looks great, Jeeks!

Your photos are amazing! I know you told me to use the tulip thing on my camera, but my pictures don't look anywhere near as great as yours!

I'll post some pics of my container garden (eventually). I always grow Ichiban eggplants, too - they always turn out great!

Lee

That's because Jeekins dusted the snow off his garden and planted his New Jersey garden in MARCH, suzi! LOL!

LOL. Suzi, she's just jealous because the only thing that grows up there are beans and pumpkins. :LOL:

I'm in the Metropolitan area. We have our own climate from all the pollution. :ROFLMAO:

I took this picture this morning..from the bottom to top of the garden are:
potatoes
garlic
onions
broccoli and cabbage
sweet corn
kale and collards
celery, parsley and basil
tomatoes and marigolds
bush green beans and sweet potatoes
the fuzzy stuff on the left is the asparagus

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (4).jpg
    DSCF0003 (4).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 187
Wow! That looks great Beth. My business partner is growing asparagus too. He's in his 3rd year so he should be able to harvest next year.

Wow beth no wonder you have a whole 2nd canning kitchen!
A garden your size is my goal.... gotta take out a tree or 2 first or it will be a very long skinny garden and look funny.
I want to become the veggie garden / canning / freezing queen and not have to buy many veggies over the winters.
This may happen before I turn 80. :(

Oh my gosh, beth, that looks like WORK!!!

It's HUGE!!!

Lee

LOL, there really is no other work I would rather do. Our original motivation is largely the same, we do not trust any corporation to do a better job of raising the food we eat than what we can do. We have been gardening since 1975 and chemicals were what we were trying to avoid then. We try to garden organically and are fairly successful at it. But now we are grateful we do not have to worry about the latest food recall. Economics also plays a big part. Right now I can walk to the garden and harvest onions, garlic, broccoli, peas, parsley, celery, collards, kale, and probably potatoes although I have not dug any yet. The potatoes are flowering and that means new potatoes can be dug. I haven't had a paying job since 1999 and need to be careful about our finances. I'm too young to draw any retirement. So I happily toil in the garden. Suzi, we really try to eat fresh out of the garden as long as possible so I have to do as little canning as possible. We are planting things from March to October. I also can different things different years. Last year I canned tomatoes and this year i will can green beans. I am considering canning a tomato experiment, seeing I am supposedly raising San Marzanos. Canning is not my favorite thing to do, I am trying to get psyched to can rasperry sauce, and haven't quite gotten there..

Beth quit with the garden pics you're making me drool!!!!
I've got 5 acres and visions of covering every inch with something or another.
I've become obsessed!!!
Will post my veggies when I'm back from the store.

I'm back. here's a few of the bigger garden anyway.
Excuse my lawn, waiting for the new mower / tractor to get here.

Wow everything looks even smaller in pics. :( I may have food by October.......

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2658.jpg
    IMG_2658.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 158
I would kill to have a garden that size. Mine is kinda tucked away in the corner of the yard. Although, it i right outside the kitchen which is convenient.

Wow, that is BEAUTIFUL, Larry! What a nice job you've done with your garden!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom