Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, thank you... :)

Saved to my Dessert for Two file..

Ross
Your welcome Ross.

I was thinking that you may be able to prepare all 4. Place 2 uncooked pies into the freezer right away. When frozen solid remove from pie plate (or use disposable pans) and place in zip top bags. When ready bake as usual but maybe add a few minutes to make up for being frozen. I wouldn't thaw because then you may end up with to much juices in pan.

Some Salads

Puttanesca

tomato_salad_puttanesca_090318_IMG_4832.jpg

Cobb

cobb_salad_060618_IMG_4310.jpg

Spinach

easter_spinach_salad_040118_IMG_3882.jpg

Cottage Cheese and Berry

cottage_cheese_berry_salad_021618_IMG_3643.jpg

Ham Salad Wrap

ham-salad-wrap-with-fruit-5-14-10-4.jpg

Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad

med_grilled_chicken_salad_080517_P1100174.JPG

Greek

greek_salad_011610_1_P1050178.JPG

Okay, I'll take one ham salad wrap and the spinach salad, please.

Seriously, everything looks wonderful, but that spinach salad really caught my attention. I need to make one soon. I used to make spinach salads often, similar to yours, and it's been a long time.

Okay, I'll take one ham salad wrap and the spinach salad, please.

Seriously, everything looks wonderful, but that spinach salad really caught my attention. I need to make one soon. I used to make spinach salads often, similar to yours, and it's been a long time.
Thank you.

I used to be able to find the Hormel smoked ham in the can. Can't find it any more. It was so convenient to open a can and throw in mac and cheese or to make salad.

smoked_ham.jpg

Thank you.

I used to be able to find the Hormel smoked ham in the can. Can't find it any more. It was so convenient to open a can and throw in mac and cheese or to make salad.

View attachment 32877

I'm not sure if we have anything like that here, simply because I haven't looked for it. But the last time I saw cans of smoked ham was at Dollar General, of all places.

I'm not sure if we have anything like that here, simply because I haven't looked for it. But the last time I saw cans of smoked ham was at Dollar General, of all places.
I'm thinking I will just fry a ham steak. Cube some, shred some (in my food processor) and freeze in small portions for later use. I don't buy ham shanks very often but next time I do I will portion some of the cooked meat. Smoked ham salad is so good especially with dried fruit added.

I'm thinking I will just fry a ham steak. Cube some, shred some (in my food processor) and freeze in small portions for later use. I don't buy ham shanks very often but next time I do I will portion some of the cooked meat. Smoked ham salad is so good especially with dried fruit added.

That sounds divine. I've got so many things from this thread that I need to try soon. My store list is filling up :LOL:

MsM and Lucky, I'm lovin' the foodie pics! :yum: I might have to look through some of my faves and join in. :LOL:

I have a little Nikon Coolpix, but 99% of the time I just use my phone. It's always handy so it's more convenient, and takes pretty decent pics.

I just did something similar a couple of days ago with leftover Christmas ham. I don't have a food processor anymore, but it worked fine pulsed in the blender. I take care to not over pulse, so that it's still in shredded form with some texture - mixed it with a little mayo and mustard (less mustard than mayo), and some pickle relish or chopped pickles - whatever I have on hand. It makes a nice sandwich spread. I just had some for breakfast this morning, spread on toasted sourdough. :yum:

Your welcome Ross.

I was thinking that you may be able to prepare all 4. Place 2 uncooked pies into the freezer right away. When frozen solid remove from pie plate (or use disposable pans) and place in zip top bags. When ready bake as usual but maybe add a few minutes to make up for being frozen. I wouldn't thaw because then you may end up with to much juices in pan.

I plan to adapt to 2 7" pie tins.. I do that with mini desserts..
One for us and one for daughter & sil...or freeze one for later.. :)

Ross

I have a few pics of my own, mostly of stuff I've experimented with over the years. Let's see, I think I'll first put up my rendition of sushi. It's made with rice, avocado and imitation crab. I used rice paper instead of nori, simply because I don't care for nori. Poppy seeds sprinkled on top.

Attachments

• Linda's Sushi.jpg
    Linda's Sushi.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 107

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom