Prayers needed again, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
DH is being tested for cancer. I wasn't going to tell anyone until we get the results, but, I need to let it out. I'm so scared!
He's been having trouble eating for about 2 months. He chokes on food.
Saturday, he choked, but, this time, couldn't get it down. We spent Sunday night in the ER, after him feeling like something was stuck in his throat still and had trouble breathing, they didn't do a thing. They said that since he was breathing, they couldn't help, but, if he started choking and turned purple bring him back:ohmy:
Took him to ear nose and throat Monday. She could only put the scope as far as his windpipe. Nothing that far, but, tissue is changing, whatever that means. Went for Barium swallow, which showed blockage, and full chest xray yesterday {because of the chest pain he has had for so long}, will get results at appoinment next Monday. Is being scheduled for a esophagoscopy {sp} for next week. In the mean time, he is unable to eat anything other than tomato soup and pudding without choking. He still has lots of trouble with that and water, but, can get it down after swallowing a few times.
Pray for him, please.
I'm lost right now. I've feared this for a little while and so has he. He knows that something is wrong. He's tired all the time and can't go as long as he normally does with work. The constant clearing of his throat has gotten so much worse too. Me and ds are so guilt ridden when we eat, knowing how hungry he is. He's lost 7 lbs since Saturday. His metabolism is high anyway and he normally eats 4+ times a day.

Oh texasgirl, that is so scary. You are in my prayers for sure. I hope they can get this fixed soon. Meanwhile, go buy some Ensure for him to drink, you don't want to let him waste away while he is waiting for all these tests. Hugs!!

{{{{{{{texasgirl}}}}}}}

I will be praying for your husband, and you, and your son. See if he can drink some of those shakes like Ensure (there are other brands but I can't think of them right now). They are full of things that will help fill him up.

We are all here for you - you can talk to us anytime. Please tell your husband that we are ALL praying for him, ok?

lets hope it isn`t what you think and something like an ulcerated Esophagus from acid reflux or whatever, perfectly treatable :)

Fingers Crossed for you both!

Oh TG! This is so frightening. I'm sure we are all praying that this is just something simple that can be cured quickly.

Hit the shelves and find the drink (like Ensure) that has the most vitamins and calories. I know he wants food but there are so many flavors out there nowadays that at least he has variety.

We'll be here for you and our prayers will help hopefully. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband TG. How hard it must be to wait until next monday for results. Lets hope it's like YT said, acid reflux.

Tg,, I'm so sorry to hear this! will be praying for you both, and sending love and light that it something much less serious than what you fear.....

Here's a hug. :flowers:

He's has a hyatel hernia {sp} for about 20 years. It hasn't given him too much trouble in the last few years. I hope it is all that is going on. I just want to know what the blockage is way above the opening of his stomach. It's about half way. Hopefully, it's just scar tissue from all of that.

see, and I didn`t even know that :)
scar tissue can build up to massive amounts, and Ulceration of the esophagial tracht isn`t uncommon.
don`t get me wrong, I hope it`s Non of them at all and that it would go away for you both, but sooner something easily treatable eh! :)
as for weakness, well if the guy`s not eating....

Oh, TG, how scary for your family. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted when you learn anything. {{hugs}}

Experience!

YT2095 said:
see, and I didn`t even know that :)
scar tissue can build up to massive amounts, and Ulceration of the esophagial tracht isn`t uncommon.
don`t get me wrong, I hope it`s Non of them at all and that it would go away for you both, but sooner something easily treatable eh! :)
as for weakness, well if the guy`s not eating....
Got to second your opinon YT2095. Having a bunch of males like I do and they all are on the nervous side, never fails when one of them seems to be having heart attack and if you just allow time to relax they get to eat another bite. It is VERY scary and I don't doubt that seeing someone not being able to swallow his food is upsetting. Still bothers me every time one of them sits there and can't move. So I tell myself to not get panicky and allow them time to make it on their own. Not easy. They refuse to go to doctor so hence seem to outgrow it or else they calm down before they eat.

I am hoping all will be good report and that he will not have to experience any bad effects from anything. Hope he improves like these guys have. Keep us posted.

{{{{{{Texasgirl}}}}}} I know how hard this is - the waiting is the worst part. Keep your spirits up as much as possible (I know how hard that is - went through this last winter). Humor is so important - it gives you perspective, and a way of thumbing your nose at the fears. Know that we're all praying for all three of you. Draw your family and friends really close and welcome their strength and help.

A very good friend of ours went through a battle with throat cancer last year. He's doing better all the time - we were just comiserating a few minutes ago about the effect of cancer treatment - fuzzy brain:wacko:.

As everyone has said - make sure to keep his nutritional intake up as much as you can. Ensure, cream soups, smoothies, (our friend said soft eggs were easy to swallow). Calorie and nutritionally dense foods are really important.

I know how scared you guys must be. I'll be sending you my thoughts and prayers immediately. I hope he gets well soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom