Question about starting a business

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabesz

Assistant Cook
Hello!

I would like to ask for help. I would like to start a business, the main character of which is a double-decker bus that has been converted into a buffet car. The lower level has the kitchen and service area, and the upper level has a seating area. What do you suggest and what should we look out for?

Thanks in advance :D

Check with the health department and see if they will allow something like that before you spend any money.

Last edited:
Are there laws about accessibility where you live? How would someone in a wheel chair get to the seating area?

What about fire safety regulations? If a fire starts in the kitchen, how easy would it be for the customers and wait staff to escape?

Let someone else go first, the second mouse gets the cheese! 😉🤭

I think that I would opt to work out of a conventional kitchen for the heavy duty food prep and stock the buffet on wheels kitchen as a fast food or catered steam table serving area.

There are many professional licensed kitchens in every community that sit idle most of the time. Check local churches and fraternal organizations to see if you could work out a rental arrangement.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I agree taxy. I also think that Gabesz in Hungary, if that's where he's going to do it, could really learn the steps for getting approval for his project...
LOL - Gabesz take a look at the $$signs.
I think you would have a winning project and an awful lot of work! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom