Question for moms w/PICKY eaters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a sister who was a fussy eater all the way through to her teens. As you mentioned, we didn't have a family where my parents could afford to cater to her every whim, and it caused no end of miserable table time (and, yes, she was a bean pole as well). The funny part was, Mom wasn't a "clean your plate" type, just eat a bite, and mostly, be polite at the table. After she pulled her drama queen act at a restaurant (and we couldn't afford to eat out often, no fast food where we lived), my father had enough and decided that it was cheaper to hire a babysitter for her alone and take me and my youngest sister out to dinner and leave miss fussy britches at home. Didn't cure her of fussiness, but at least made her be polite the next time we were trying to have a nice dinner out! By the way, she did outgrow it, but it took a long time. A lot of it, I'm sure, was that middle-child-ploy for extra attention. That he'll eat things for Daddy he won't eat for you shows some manipulation.

manipulation? MY little boy??? surely you jest!!!!!!!! :D
it's amazing how they learn that while they are still so little.
and supposedly "innocent". he definitely knows how to work
it, and I think a lot of it with Daddy is that he hasn't seen him
all day.

manipulation? MY little boy??? surely you jest!!!!!!!! :D
it's amazing how they learn that while they are still so little.
and supposedly "innocent". he definitely knows how to work
it, and I think a lot of it with Daddy is that he hasn't seen him
all day.
img_815575_0_885d9f6ab418b03d5ba616a105bbcf8d.gif
i think so also.

I don't understand the pickyness of todays kids. When i was a kid i ate what ever was put in front of me. My own kids were the same way... no matter wat i fixed, they ate like a bunch of little pigs. Now with my grandchildren... that's a whole different story... they try to be picky but all i have to do is sit across the table from them and look at them and they eat up. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I don't understand the pickyness of todays kids. When i was a kid i ate what ever was put in front of me. My own kids were the same way... no matter wat i fixed, they ate like a bunch of little pigs. Now with my grandchildren... that's a whole different story... they try to be picky but all i have to do is sit across the table from them and look at them and they eat up. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:ROFLMAO: you give them the "look" teehee

I think that maybe it has a lot to do with the way parenting has
changed over the generations. it is so permissive nowadays and
it's like the general consensus is to raise your kids like they are the
center of the universe. nobody teaches manners or respect anymore.
kids grow up with this sense of entitlement and have no responsibility
for anything it seems. they have no work ethic. they don't have
any respect for their posessions. the way some children talk to
their folks is appalling. I've seen it everywhere I go. and I think,
'not my kid. no freakin way.'
thay being said, I remember how I was raised. forced to sit at the
table until I finished, even if I gagged or worse. being told I was
'stupid' or 'lazy' or other things in an effort to motivate me in school.
being smacked for every little offense. and I know that some of
that is extreme and those are mistakes I will not make.
finding a balance is a challenge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom