Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the exteriors in the shining were shot at timberline lodge on mt. hood in oregon.

i've skiied there. but i'm not sure if that's the same as in the picture. it was covered in snow when i was there.

buckytom said:
the exteriors in the shining were shot at timberline lodge on mt. hood in oregon.

i've skiied there. but i'm not sure if that's the same as in the picture. it was covered in snow when i was there.

Yes...but the hotel that inspired the movie is in Colorado. It is said to be haunted. I am not sure if any of the filming was done inside the actual hotel or not.

chopper said:
Yes...but the hotel that inspired the movie is in Colorado. It is said to be haunted. I am not sure if any of the filming was done inside the actual hotel or not.

Stephan King stayed in this Hotel and then wrote the book. So I guess it actually inspired the book that came before the movie. Here is a hint: don't get all steamed over this.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
My cat, sprawled out on hubby's legs. Hubby has a 36" inseem. This is and the fact that he's a little heat machine is probably why he can comandeer the greater part of the bed.

DH and I have a king size bed. 23 pound beagle takes up 3/4 of it. How does that happen? She hasn't expanded when I last checked.

221631_1656189613483_1499378782_1308102_994549_n.jpg

View attachment 12044

Here is another picture of the same Hotel I posted before ( a little farther away) It is The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Stephan King stayed in this hotel and was inspired to write The Shining. It is said that this place is haunted. We didn't stay there, but stayed in a cabin near by. Rocky Mountain National Park is very close to here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom