Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of months ago I posted some photos after the prairie fire here in NE Colorado. It looked like this the day after the fire:

i-g4L8pC3-XL.jpg

Yesterday I drove up about 5 miles north of our house to see what it looked like now. You would have to know what it was like before to know that there had been a fire. The vegetation now is different from what it was, but to someone just driving through, they'd have no clue.

i-4p9dzXs-XL.jpg

Rick, the first picture reminds me of what the Wrath of God can do to the land, and the second tells me that the soft beauty of Mother Nature prevails.

Those are some beautiful photos, Rick. Sometimes it takes a fire to come back bigger and better. Thank you for sharing!

Lets try this again

Attachments

• 19075212_1932500916992245_44873458_n.jpg
    19075212_1932500916992245_44873458_n.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 18920994_1927994334109570_7831178727345049850_o.jpg
    18920994_1927994334109570_7831178727345049850_o.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 87
I have 11 grandchildren along with six great grandchildren. Another one on the way. Two of the grandchildren just seconds from me. I only see them in the summer when I go to my daughter's house and sit in the yard to get some sun. I have two grandchildren that live in Maine and I see them more than I do the two that just live seconds away. The rest? Haven't seen them in five years. I will get to see them if I live to be 100 and my daughter throws me another bash. They always show up for free food.

Those are very interesting, and telling, photos, Rick. There is a lot like that near where our niece and her husband live where fired ravaged the area a few years ago. They are at the base of a mountain so a lot of what was burnt down were trees. However, the new growth is more grassy. The forestry department are planning to do tree planting in a year or so to make sure the land is ready for them.

Nasty hail. We have had hail reported this year in eastern Colorado up to tennis ball sized, but fortunately that only fell in fairly small areas. My niece (in Denver) had the hood of her car dimpled by hail about the size you are holding.

I have 11 grandchildren along with six great grandchildren. Another one on the way. Two of the grandchildren just seconds from me. I only see them in the summer when I go to my daughter's house and sit in the yard to get some sun. I have two grandchildren that live in Maine and I see them more than I do the two that just live seconds away. The rest? Haven't seen them in five years. I will get to see them if I live to be 100 and my daughter throws me another bash. They always show up for free food.

That's a shame, Addie. Do you have ANY contact with them? My DD calls me every few days or whenever she had news about one of the girls. She's always sending pictures to me on my phone before she puts them on FB for everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom