Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this thread. So many beautiful pics! Thought I'd share another one - yesterday evening's sunset from my front yard when I walked out to get the mail. :wub:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 140
Wow, beautiful, Cheryl. Reminds me of Hotel California.

From the East coast, my favorite little happy tree in the Fall:

Attachments

• 1103181110.jpg
    1103181110.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Okay, another car photo. :rolleyes: Shot today.

1925 Bugatti Type 35A. And yes, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. :cool: :LOL:

CD

Attachments

• 1925BugattiType35A800600.jpg
    1925BugattiType35A800600.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Nice photos of autumn, Cheryl and bt. I glanced out the east window this morning as the sun was coming up (a nighttime wander to the loo was in progress...) and the sky was truly on fire! I briefly thought of snapping a photo, then decided to crawl back into my cocoon instead. :LOL:

Sure enough, sailors were warned. We had rain all day long.

Thanks, bucky and CG. Bucky, that is a very pretty little tree, and so are the grounds around it. :) Is it a maple? We don't have many maples out here in my area, so I'm kind of unfamiliar with them.

Beautiful car pic, Casey!

Thanks, bucky and CG. Bucky, that is a very pretty little tree, and so are the grounds around it. :) Is it a maple? We don't have many maples out here in my area, so I'm kind of unfamiliar with them.

Beautiful car pic, Casey!

Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, it's a variety of Japanese Laceleaf maple, between the driveway and the front yard. The red-ish tree next to it (not well pictured) is also a Japanese maple. I've always loved weeping trees.

If the tall thin trees just to the left of them dies this winter (I think it was accidentally poisoned by one of the landscapers), I pman on putting in either White Birch or Aspens, but I've always wanted a Weeping Willow. Not enough water up on the mountain, though, to grow one well.

Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, it's a variety of Japanese Laceleaf maple, between the driveway and the front yard. The red-ish tree next to it (not well pictured) is also a Japanese maple. I've always loved weeping trees.

If the tall thin trees just to the left of them dies this winter (I think it was accidentally poisoned by one of the landscapers), I pman on putting in either White Birch or Aspens, but I've always wanted a Weeping Willow. Not enough water up on the mountain, though, to grow one well.

I was pretty sure it was a species of Japanese Maple. Those are the only Maples that survive in North Texas, and only in the shade. My next-door neighbors have one on the North side of their house, where it is mostly in the shade all year. It was around 800-bucks new, 15 years ago. Absolutely beautiful. It hasn't grown more than a foot or two in 15 years. I prune it for them -- they don't know how to do it. I have kind of adopted that tree as mine.

Most Maples will not grow here, and many Maples can't be bought or sold here. Landscapers can't sell them or plant them, by law, because they can't survive here. Silver Maples, a staple tree up north, are on the forbidden list. They just can't survive here.

But, Japanese Maples, if planted on the North Side of a two-story house do very well down here. And they are so beautiful. But, really expensive.

CD

Maples in the northern part of the country require the cold of night and warmth of the daytime sun in the fall and spring. It is how we get our maple syrup.

I took this photo yesterday. As I was walking through the front hall, I noticed the full moon peeking over the roof of our neighbors' house across the street, centered perfectly in a space between two trees. Photoshop couldn't do a better job!
IMG_20181122_165444238.jpg

Called crayfish, caught all around New Zealand, these don't have the big claw that your lobsters do. I believe they taste the same.? Those 2 are prolly worth about $60 retail. These were caught by a friend who has a holiday home in kaikoura.
We do swaps, he loves my gerkins .

Russ

Called crayfish, caught all around New Zealand, these don't have the big claw that your lobsters do. I believe they taste the same.? Those 2 are prolly worth about $60 retail. These were caught by a friend who has a holiday home in kaikoura.
We do swaps, he loves my gerkins .

Russ

Lucky you to have such a good friend. How did you cook them?

I spent six days on the road photographing cars last week, and the majority were "okay" car, but a few were outstanding.

1. 1920 Stutz Bearcat

2. 1955 Alfa Romeo 1900 SS Touring Coupe

3. 1957 Fiat 1100/103 Desiree Coupe

The Alfa is my favorite.

CD

Attachments

• Stutz800-001.jpg
    Stutz800-001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 96
  • AlfaDream001.jpg
    AlfaDream001.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 117
  • FiatVignale001.jpg
    FiatVignale001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 121
I just got into work after leaving my nephew's wedding. I have to say that it was one of the prettier weddings that I've been to in my life. Very nice ceremony.

Attachments

• 1208181343b.jpg
    1208181343b.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Lucky you to have such a good friend. How did you cook them?

I have lots of foody friends.my friend Paul, catches them when he's in kaikoura most weekends. I drown them in fresh water, then put in a pot of water with teaspoon of mustard powder. Bring to boil and cook for 5 mins if small, 10 minutes if bigger. His wife says my gerkins ( pickles to you) are the best ever, sweet with a wee tang. Paul and his wife have dinner parties with fine food. They use my curry onions and gerkins. They also love my plum sauce.
Any the wiser??lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom