Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yum, nice looking pickles, CG. I can almost taste the crunchy goodness. :yum:

Beth, I know what you mean about sky pics - I've been going through my pics, I can't believe how many I've got. :ermm::LOL:

LP, glad you're able to get a nice little garden area that management can't touch.

LP, glad you're able to get a nice little garden area that management can't touch.

Thanks, Cheryl. I still would like one out front, but my neighbour is making some cute flower pots from wood that will sit on the fence (which we paid for) by my bench, which another friend is painting for me. So I will have my own little corner to call my own - I will post pictures when it is set up! :)

Not sure what kind it is, they were given to us as seedlings by my father in law. I thought they were Spring Cabbage but they seem too big for that.

All I do is scatter a few non/low animal toxic slug pellets around.
Is it maybe oxheart cabbage? They are kinda pointy.

...CG, your pickles are looking good! What time Saturday? ;)...
Probably mid-afternoon. Enough travel time? ;)

I have to say the basement is smelling a lot like I remember my parents' smelling during the summer. A "smaller" smell, but then my quart can't put out the aroma of Dad's 3-gallon one.

LOVE the teddy bear cake, LP - you're so talented! My grands would go crazy over that on their birthday table. :)

Thanks ladies, and Andy, I really had fun with that one.

Kayelle, it is normal buttercream (chocolate cappuccino) and I piped it with a "grass" tip. It was a lot of piping for my arthritic hands, but it was worth it! Oh, I also carved the cake rather than using the teddy bear pan. I have been practicing carving and even though I have the pan, I wanted to do it myself.

Grass-with-Tip-large.jpg

Last edited:
Playing with my spiralizer today. I bought it last winter but haven't used it till today because I was so sick. I used it on garden zucchini and farmers market carrots for the salad I'm making for my neighbor.

Last edited by a moderator:
CG, I might buy a boxed pizza every five years or so. But I think you have just made it 10 years or so. That is the most terrible pizza I have ever seen. What were they thinking? You should let MB know about it. That pizza is way below their standards for a local company provider. :angel:

Addie, it was a take-and-bake UNO's pizza that is sold at MB, and probably a lot of other grocery stores. We've bought them before and never had any problem. Cooked on our pizza stone, it's usually hard to tell the pre-made from the restaurant. If you look at the photo, it's easy to see that the problem was in manufacturing. There is NO sauce on one side of the dough, and never did have any. I'll send an email off to Uno's tomorrow. We'll see how they answer.

Addie, it was a take-and-bake UNO's pizza that is sold at MB, and probably a lot of other grocery stores. We've bought them before and never had any problem. Cooked on our pizza stone, it's usually hard to tell the pre-made from the restaurant. If you look at the photo, it's easy to see that the problem was in manufacturing. There is NO sauce on one side of the dough, and never did have any. I'll send an email off to Uno's tomorrow. We'll see how they answer.

Do let us know what they say. I will be looking forward to the reply. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom