Recipe Finder Website.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimmyTwoToes

Assistant Cook
Hello All!
For the last year and a half I've been writing a personal web app that allows me to input ingredients and have it spit out recipes for me to make. I'm starting to share it with other people, but I also think it lacks quite a bit. As good as my friends are, they are not really foodies.
Thus I thought going to the people that love cooking would be a good idea. So here it is, if you were using an application that lets you put in ingredients and spits out recipes, what type of search options and filters would you find most useful? Where would prefer recipes coming from? Currently I index foodnetwork and allrecipes.com as they are pretty legit. There are tons of cooking sites out there with a plethora of recipes, but some user submitted recipes are just plain... bad. I'm trying to avoid that :P.
Thanks for the input!
-Timmy

Hi Timmy, Welcome To DC.
Your Idea sounds great I would be interested in Trying it .I would love to have a really good program that has nutritional ingredients, sugar,salt ,fat. Hubby is Diabetic and I have a heart condition.
Good Luck
Josie

Thanks Josie,
Would you think it to be more beneficial to have the nutritional information for the given recipe, or simply a search options that show only low fat, low sugar and / or low salt, etc.? I think having former would lead to an easy implementation of the latter :).

Timmy, I would prefer the first option, We all cheat once in a while;) I think knowing the info would help me make better decisions.

Josie

Last edited:
>>or simply a search options that show only low fat, low sugar and / or low salt, etc.?

how about "the really good way" . . . .

first return all results, then the ability apply (& remove) filters _within_ "all results."

tad more mem intensive - you need to keep "all results" as a tmp db.
infinitely more usable.

Back
Top Bottom