Recipes From Yesteryear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is a keeper. It has me rembering things I'd forgotten and this memory refresh is wonderful. Thanks Addie for starting it and mentioning Tomato Pudding,
kades

I am sitting here hankering for a Kindle. It was Snip that posted the recipe for Tomato Pudding. It brought back a flood of memories. Nothing in my mother's kitchen ever got wasted. A boiled dinner became Flannel Hash. And when we lived on the farm, the pigs were the garbage disposal. I remember my mother taking the little sink basket with the stopper in it, and she would even empty that into the slop bucket that stood outside. :angel:

A link to "yesteryear" cookbooks (free pdfs--copyright lapsed):

Free eBooks: Historical Cookbooks (Kindle Nook iPad PDF EPub Html) DigitalBookIndex

(I grabbed the Swedish-English one--ever wonder how to make potato flour at home...this book has the instructions.)

I am so excited. I just found out I can download the app for kindle to my desk computer. And no charge. I have to call my son to get over here and help me. I was looking at the Medieval Cookery. I could spend the rest of my life in that one. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom