Red Lobster biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to Red Lobster the other day in London, Ontario and they served us these little biscuits before our meal came out and fell in love with them. Don't know what there called but must have the recipe to make them at home. Please, anyone, help.

I could eat them all day long!

I googled Red Lobster Biscuits and found a ton of recipes, all about the same. Most call for Bisquick, buttermilk, butter, grated cheddar cheese and garlic powder.

Just do a search on Red Lobster Biscuits.
Most are the same, using Bisquick.
There is even a fanlisting site for "Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits". We should probably join! LOL

I would guess the trick is to mix as little as possible. At least, overmixing is how I can usually turn out tough biscuits. :chef:

Yep, I've made the ones MJ pointed to - they're fantastic! And yep again, the trick is not mixing a lot! I usually just 'fluff' the dough with fork til it comes together.

Another victum of the infamous cheddar biscuit...........copycat.com should have it. The key is a little bit of crack, that is what makes them ultra addicted...or is it the cheesy greasy goodness?

They're actually called Chesapeake Bay rolls (Red Lobster stole the recipe from a local restaurant in the area years ago). The secret to them is Old Bay seasoning. I have the actual, honest-to-god recipe for them...the copycat ones are pretty close, but just a hair off because the Old Bay throws em.

Ooh, I want their bacon wrapped scallops. Or their bread dipped melting cheddar foundou. Man, they are the KING of appetizers. Don't know about their biscuits though, sorry.

poppinfresh, can you give that recipe?

can you give that recipe?
ya know u cant simply say you have the real recipe without offering it.. :rolleyes: that is torture for the reader!
:)
actually, in case i forget where this entry is...would you even mind private messaging it to me?

Agree. No fair saying "I have it for real". And the Bisquick recipe is right on it also.

If you have a Schwans truck in your neighborhood you can get their Cheese & Herb biscuits, 5.49 for 12. These are the biscuits that Red Lobster serves. :) They are really good, I've used them as the crust on Cod fish pie.

Well I worked at red lobster for 3 yrs.
Bisquick, shredded cheeder cheese. that is the mix then you melt butter and garlic salt and brush it on the top and bake. they use an ice cream scoop to make them round and to use the same amount every time. To get that really garlicy taste you make the garlic butter very strong. Also like someone on here said dont over stir them...

aeyla said:
Well I worked at red lobster for 3 yrs.
Bisquick, shredded cheeder cheese. that is the mix then you melt butter and garlic salt and brush it on the top and bake. they use an ice cream scoop to make them round and to use the same amount every time. To get that really garlicy taste you make the garlic butter very strong. Also like someone on here said dont over stir them...

What about the liquid? What do they use? Buttermilk, milk, water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom