Rock -o- by adult.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
I am trying to get to sleep and can't . I have tried my favorite 'get me to sleep book' and I am still awake. I may have to count sheep! what's your every night lullaby?(sp!)

Ooooh, this was my regular problem until a couple of years ago... I swear I know how that goes...the more time passes by the more you get frustrated, and less and less you are in any condition to fall asleep...:ermm:

Try a nice cup of herb tea with honey, snuggle back to the bed without thinking about going to sleep but think about how nice warm and cozy staying like this, and let your thought take you back to the sunny tropical Kenya!!
3.gif

^ just had my cup of ginger and lemon tea.Should send me to sleep. Thinking of Kenya just wakes me up! I am thinking of the dancing, the dinners, the drinks, the everything that Is Kenya related. I may never sleep tonight.

try a boring book, sizzles. I used to have this problem (never found solution), but it's somehow gone away and I regularly fall asleep on the couch in front of the tube most nights.

sizzles said:
Thinking of Kenya just wakes me up! I am thinking of the dancing, the dinners, the drinks, the everything that Is Kenya related. I may never sleep tonight.

Ahhh, just like start reading an interesting book... (book reading always had a counter effect on me, it would get me more and more excited and intrigued and I would end up reading all night!!)
Now then... count on your favourite fuzzy wuzzy teddy bear!!:-p

hey sizzles, I often don't sleep. Boring book - good advice. The other night I tried reverse psychology on myself - "you Will Not Close Your Eyes!!!" - helped a bit. If this becomes a lifelong habit, as it has with my mother, and I suspect is my lot in life, just try not too get too angry or frustrated when it happens. Go with the flow, make yourself a cup of tea if you have to, ride it out.

sleep, what's sleep? :(

after doing so many years of 1 or 2 midnight shifts a week, i wake up at the slightest provocation (light, noise, the telephone, a cat on my head, or even if someone enters the room and just looks at me).
i need some down time, after everyone else is gone to sleep, to just watch tv, read a few papers and and zone out. so i stay up until 2 or 3am, then get up for work at 6:30am.
i wish i could just go to sleep like a normal person. lately, every few months, i just pass out around 9pm from sheer exhaustion, and sleep through the night. it's great.

unfortunately, it's 3:58 am est, and i'm still awake. :(

'nother midnight shift.

ooh, that reminds me, it's almost 9am in dublin, gotta call joe...

I often have nights where sleep eludes me too. A couple of things that sometimes (key word "sometimes") work for me are relaxing deep breathing, and strange as it sounds, concentrating very hard on one thought (or situation in your mind) and focusing all your mental attention on to that thing.

I didn't get to bed until 4:30 this morning and had to get up for work at 6:30. Sheesh! Not because I couldn't sleep, but because I still had schoolwork to do. Anyway, when it comes to falling asleep on the rare occasion I can't get to sleep, I light a scented candle in the bathroom, take a warm bubble bath (no matter how late it is--I have even gotten out of bed at 3:00 to take a bath after tossing and turning for a long time), dry off, then go to bed. I like to play a tape of thunder storms when I go to bed. I'm usually asleep before it finishes playing.

:) Barbara

You sound like my dad buckytom. He stays awake until 5:00 in the morning then sleeps until 11:00am. I go to bed at 10:00pm and get up at 7:00am if all goes well. For going to sleep I read until I am vvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy tired then go to sleep.

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom