Saturday's Dinner - 6/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sausage & Peppers, Mashed w/ Gravy, Roasted Carrot .........

Sausage & Peppers 6-11-22.jpg

We're having Oven Fried Chicken, copycat Creamed Corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. I've got the sides ready. I'll pop them in the oven to re-heat a bit before the chicken will be ready. The chicken is prepped and in the fridge, ready for the oven too.

Now, we can watch a movie or otherwise chill for a bit. ;)

I too had Oven Fried Chicken. I had some leftover breadcrumbs and dredging mix, quartered some mushrooms into it then added about half way thru cooking the chicken. Leftover Basmati Rice and Carrots.

Homemade Coffee Ice Cream is churning while we speak.

Buffalo wings cooked on the grill, blue cheese dressing, spicy fries and a token vegetable.

IMG_0139.jpg

chili beans and ww rotini, dairy free dark chocolate with dried apricots.

For supper, I made "Bachelor Surprise". This time it was with some ground beef and onions that were already fried and I pulled them out of the freezer. We had strawberries for dessert. I served them with crème fraiche.

Bachelor surprise in the pot.jpg Bachelor surpris on a plate.jpg

We were going to have Jerk seasoned pork chops on the grill. I even rubbed them up nicely Friday night to get them well flavored. Then I went out to the backyard today with the intention of digging out a bunch of weeds from my "rock wall" garden. Instead, I spent two hours reaching up to trim low hanging branches so they won't smack the lawn care guy in the face as he rides around in his stand-on mower. Not as pretty of an outcome, but more important. But my arms! They were really sore, so Himself tooled on over to the local pizza place that we get our steakbomb calzones from. My arms weren't too sore to lift the fork to my mouth, at least. :LOL:

Pork chops tomorrow!

Had a huge breakfast out, with D&SIL so, not too hungry @ our normal dinner time.

I made yummy tuna sandwiches. We also had a bowl of delicious watermelon and cantaloupe.

I remember when we used to eat 3 meals a day. My, my, how times have changed. :ermm:

Did have room for a slice of Aldi 7up cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream, for dessert later.

Ross

we're having oven fried chicken, copycat creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. I've got the sides ready. I'll pop them in the oven to re-heat a bit before the chicken will be ready. The chicken is prepped and in the fridge, ready for the oven too.

Now, we can watch a movie or otherwise chill for a bit. ;)

IMG_6544 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom