SKINNER! What's for Dinner? 20 February 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I promised Dad I would have dinner with him today, so can you save me a couple of slices so I can have a meatloaf sandwich tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Sure thing! There was over 2 lbs of meat in the mix. Lots for meatloaf sandwiches, with ketchup. YUM

I had planned on pork roast the other day, but we ended up going to our friends' for supper. So the pork roast is in the oven right now (smelling very yummy, I might add!) and will be served with applesauce, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable (probably broccoli). My nose and stomach are telling me to take the roast out of the oven now, but it is a bigg'un and won't be ready for awhile. :cool:

I think it is going to be a pasta with pancetta, rapini, tomatoes, peppers, roasted garlic, and a side of baked shrimp....
Went with Penne, and a shrimp recipe I had never used before, but it turned out really tastey...

Attachments

• DSC00325.jpg
    DSC00325.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 143
DH is still sick, so he has no appetite. He had chicken soup for lunch and Häage-Dazs strawberry ice cream for supper.

I had a low carb, low sodium supper of pork roulade and salad, with a glass of red wine. The pork roulade had a filling of sundried tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and EVOO, which I pureed in the Magic Bullet. The salad dressing was 10% fat Mediterranean style yogourt, Dijon mustard, and a bit of lemon juice.

33814-albums856-picture4546.jpg

33814-albums856-picture4545.jpg

I had a long work day. Karen had taken out some bone in, skin on, chicken thighs. No real plan, so I went fridge, pantry and garden fishing. Found the makings of a pasta dish. S&P the chicken and browned it off. Sauted diced onion and garlic. Deglazed with white wine, added a small box of grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes and an 8oz can of tomato sauce. Simmered, covered for a bit, thinning with chicken stock as needed. Added some large chunks of zucchini, a few sliced criminis and a good handful of fresh, torn basil. Returned the chicken, covered until the chicken was cooked through. Served over spaghetti rigatti with grated parm.

Back
Top Bottom