Snow in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kind of makes me glad I moved back to OK. I used to say I liked snow, then I moved to MI for a few years where the Fluffy White Crap falls, and doesn't melt for months.

We might get a few inches a couple times, but it's usually gone in a few days. That said, my mother tells me that a couple times when she was younger, she's seen blizzards on Thanksgiving. I've seen weather so warm that you're wearing t-shirts and shorts, and leaving the back door open with the screen door shut, all on Thanksgiving.

Snow when I woke up this morning....

Attachments

• Picture 60.jpg
    Picture 60.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 156
Wow. that's some serious snow alright. Anytime you see plow marks....
It was just hailing here 20 minutes ago, but it was a "dry hail" (lol).

I learned to like four seasons when I found myself in Florida, Christmas day, trying to entertain a house full of nieces and nephews, my mom sick in bed. My husband brainstormed and turned the A/C down real low so that we could start a fire and roast marshmallows with the kids. I owned a wardrobe of brightly colored scrubs tops and tank tops, and made a wrap around skirt from Christmas print fabric so that I could sweat and still look decent when I greeted guests or sat down to dinner. Do I miss hot holidays? I didn't like the ice last year, but aside from that, I'll take it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom