Song Title Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones
Truly no criticism intended, strictly an observation on an earlier post regarding repetition of song titles. I think this Tom Jones title has been used maybe 10 times in the last 5-6 weeks and so with the thousands of songs that have been recorded that could be chosen, taking a few more moments to think of something different would be terrif. And probably should add that I think of this as just a 'fun game', and not a "competition" which I acknowledge may be contrary to a majority opinion.
So FWIW, my take on it.

Truly no criticism intended, strictly an observation on an earlier post regarding repetition of song titles. I think this Tom Jones title has been used maybe 10 times in the last 5-6 weeks and so with the thousands of songs that have been recorded that could be chosen, taking a few more moments to think of something different would be terrif. And probably should add that I think of this as just a 'fun game', and not a "competition" which I acknowledge may be contrary to a majority opinion.
So FWIW, my take on it.

That may be, but I know for myself, I don't see all the posts. When I come to this thread, I go to "Last Page" and scroll down to see what the song title is. Unless THAT poster has used the same song over and over, there should be no beef. How would they know it's been used before? I wouldn't. I have never seen "Green Green Grass of Home" on this thread in all the time I've played the game, and that is over a number of years.

This is supposedly all in fun, no?

I could have selected from several singers who have performed that song, from Elvis Presley to Joan Baez, but I chose Tom Jones because That's who I remember singing it the first time I heard it. This thread is 800 plus pages and as good as my memory is, there is no way I could remember if this particular song by this particular artist had been used before and I don't research the songs unless I can't remember who sang the first song that comes to mind. I just go with what comes to mind when I see the previously posted song.

Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan

I could have selected from several singers who have performed that song, from Elvis Presley to Joan Baez, but I chose Tom Jones because That's who I remember singing it the first time I heard it. This thread is 800 plus pages and as good as my memory is, there is no way I could remember if this particular song by this particular artist had been used before and I don't research the songs unless I can't remember who sang the first song that comes to mind. I just go with what comes to mind when I see the previously posted song.

Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan
As I prefaced my post, no criticism implied, also implying that nothing I wrote should be taken personally...
I was referring to the song title, not the artist, as this being the 'song title' game, repetition of the same song regardless of the artist who sung it, is what I thought was meant by 'repetition'.
"Welcom to the Jungle" - Guns 'n Roses

Last edited:
I don't think anyone wants to take the time to research or track repetitions. I see this as a game that you open, give brief thought to, and respond. It's not a test of your Google skills.

I don't think anyone wants to take the time to research or track repetitions. I see this as a game that you open, give brief thought to, and respond. It's not a test of your Google skills.
Fortunately (so far!) in a free society, we're entitled to our own opinion...and guess you've stated yours.

Back
Top Bottom