Stick Blender Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a $10 one from the hardware store that did well for years-nothing detachable, just an imer5sion blender. Only problem-don't use a plug in imersion blender with a pot on an electric stove, you may get a shock. Mine finally died after 5 years so I'm looking for a relpacement-nothing too fancy. Guess I'll scout Cosco.

Mine's the Braun that twists off as well. Great great feature. Not only for clean ups but for preventing a trail of drips when done with blending and you really need to put down the thing 'coz your arm's tired. It's the most often-used gadget in my kitchen. Also came with a regular-sized container for chopping, a mini-sized container for chopping tiny quantities such as chilies, and an ice crusher. I would have wanted Cuisinart but they don't sell it here.

This is my third and best hand blender. The first was a freebie cheapo one that was exasperating to use. The second (French brand Moulinex) conked out on me after just a few months. I got it fixed but now I'm hooked on my Braun.

I have the Braun multimix which is a hand mixer with attachments of the chopper and blender. I use the chopper alot but have not gotten into the blender much. Will have to try it after reading so many things to use for here!

I just went to www.kitchenaid.com. Under closeouts I found the KHB200 Stick Blender(in Black) with cup and Whisk for $39, ground shipping $6.95=$1 for 2nd day Air! Total $46.95. And yes, this head does take all the accessories of the more expensive KHB300 if you wish to buy them later.Removable heades and 8 inch blender shaft depth. Paul

Ok thanks!!

I saw it and ordered one of them. Couldn't pass it up!! It'll match the black appliances that I already have.

Both Cooking.com and Chefs are asking for a whopping $89.00 for one!! What a ripoff!!

Last edited:
Hi again Corey. There are three different models, the KHB 100; KHB 200 and the KHB 300. The KHB 100 is the one you saw for $69 at Kitchen Aid, the KHB 300 is the one Chefs sells for $89. The KHB 200 you and I bought has been discontinued. It is the same identical motor unit, with the chopping blade, cup and whisk attachment. It is a great deal! If the 300 has any other attachment you want, you can buy it as an accessory. I doubt you'll need any. Paul

romanticf16 said:
Hi again Corey. There are three different models, the KHB 100; KHB 200 and the KHB 300. The KHB 100 is the one you saw for $69 at Kitchen Aid, the KHB 300 is the one Chefs sells for $89. The KHB 200 you and I bought has been discontinued. It is the same identical motor unit, with the chopping blade, cup and whisk attachment. It is a great deal! If the 300 has any other attachment you want, you can buy it as an accessory. I doubt you'll need any. Paul

Thank you, romantic!!

Yeah, it DOES look pretty much the same to me as well. I thought that I'd give it a whirl. Sure beats paying almost $100.00 for one!!

My K'Aid stick blender came today, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Maybe sometime next week I'll give it a whirl. I merely plugged it in to see if it comes on, which it does.

Last edited:
Hi Corey-I received mine too. In answer to those who posted wondering if the whisk would run too fast-there is a gear reduction built into the attachment to slow it to proper speed, plus you have the variable speed settings on the KA Stick Blender head. A well designed product. Paul

Great!!

Haven't used mine yet, but I think I'll love the variable speed control feature, which my old Cuisinart doesn't have. Only 2 speeds.

Anyone want a Cuisinart stick blender for free? I'll send it to you if you like.

Last edited:
I bought a cheap Cusinart about a lot of years ago that I only use to puree hot stuff.

The first time I was trying to puree leeks and squash in the blender and it exploded- ok, flashed and popped all over me- I said never again. Hence my first outboard.

Other than really hot stuff, I don't use it.

Hi, New here.:chef:

I've been looking at the Kitchenaid KBH200 hand blender but I cannot find out how many watts that unit has. Can any of you that just purchased it tell me how many watts??Is it the same as the 100 or the same as the 300??
Thanks.:)

I have that one.

Just got it last week. I looked and tried to find the wattage, but it's not listed anywhere. But trust me, the motor IS pretty powerful.

And BTW, it's only $39.00 if you go online to the K'Aid Discount store and order it. But if you do, hurry! It will be out of stock soon.

If they don't give you watts, look for voltage [usually 120 US or 250 Europe] and then for amps. Multiply volts x amps and you have, for our purposes, watts. So for a 300 watt unit at 120 volts you would see an amperage of about 2.5 amps [120*2.5=300].

Back
Top Bottom