Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we have buses, CP but they only go downtown.......`i'm getting to the age where `i don't want to drive anymore or at least not over 30 miles away.......oh, well, it is what it is...............

Well we have good commute, I shouldnt complain. it takes 6- 9 minutes with the train to the to town and 20 minutes by bus. Im in a not too small village outside Wexio ( Växjö), it not a proper suburb since we have a forest and lakes between us and Wexio. Most of Sweden have that, because here they believe we shouldn't use the car for everything.

We have an excellent transit system in Boston. It only takes 8-10 minutes to get across the harbor via the tunnel to downtown Boston from where I live. And if driving, ten minutes on a slow day. Thanks to the kind citizens of this country and the Big Dig that went billions of $$$$ over budget before it was finished. :angel:

It's only 3 miles from one end of town to the other here, so I just drive. It takes about 5 minutes to get anywhere. Well, except maybe to the junior college, but that's up in the foothills.

We do have a small bus transit system.

1 mile from one edge of town to the other, unless I'm going into TOWN (8 miles away), I walk. Sometimes Dad has to give me a ride home because Mom has loaded me down with too much to carry.:ROFLMAO:

Today I had the car and got away from Mom with 2 pounds of tomatoes, 1/2 pound of blackberries, handful's of about 5 different herbs, a 3 pound red cabbage (all from the garden) and 3 pounds of shredded Parmesan/Romano they picked up for me at Costco. And some cut carnations Mom grew.

1 mile from one edge of town to the other, unless I'm going into TOWN (8 miles away), I walk. Sometimes Dad has to give me a ride home because Mom has loaded me down with too much to carry.:ROFLMAO:

Today I had the car and got away from Mom with 2 pounds of tomatoes, 1/2 pound of blackberries, handful's of about 5 different herbs, a 3 pound red cabbage (all from the garden) and 3 pounds of shredded Parmesan/Romano they picked up for me at Costco. And some cut carnations Mom grew.

Mommy is very good to you!

Mommy is very good to you!

Yes, she loves having at least one of her kidlets in hugging range. I think I made her year when we moved close last year.

You should see the plot (20' x 20') we have planned for a garden next year. I'll take the camera over next time I visit. Lots of work to do, but it will be worth it.

By flight path, my husband live closer to us then my parents in Sweden. I have no blood family in hugging range.

They still manage to spoil their grand kid, there is random boxes showing up at the door.

Sheesh. What is it about some relatives? My sister is batcrap crazy, but DH's younger brother just upped the ante, he's batcrap crazier. Did not think that would be possible.

Your two families sure do compete in some strange ways, Dawg. Between my Mom's side and my Dad's side, the posturing was usually over who had the nicer car or newer furniture...

I only wish, CG. I keep singing "Let it Go" from "Frozen", but so far it hasn't seemed to help. DH is easily annoyed. Maybe because I sing. Hey, I'm not that bad!

I could shred both, but I choose to let them both hang themselves.

Last edited:
"Mum, stop singing you are disturbing the fog",. that came from my daughter a few weeks ago.

Dawgluver, you do as I did, I am still in South while the rest of my family is in the North, perfect arrangement. I do miss my dad.

When someone in my family does something crazy, I just stop in my tracks and stare at them. My only comment to any of them is very simply "Really?" Then I turn and walk away. I have my own crazies within myself. I don't need someone else's. :angel:

I have the best husband in the world (to me). I'm constantly amazed by him. I'm so happy to have him.

I can't believe how much my life has changed since he's moved in. And so much for the better.

I'm slowly turning into the (evil) domestic goddess!

It's very difficult to find a good quality pair of Groucho glasses. I ordered some on Amazon, and the moustache was so sparse it looked like nose hairs. What can one expect, I guess, for 4 pairs for $6. They fit Beagle, though she doesn't care for them either.

I found a couple other more expensive pairs, decided to upgrade.

It's very difficult to find a good quality pair of Groucho glasses. I ordered some on Amazon, and the moustache was so sparse it looked like nose hairs. What can one expect, I guess, for 4 pairs for $6. They fit Beagle, though she doesn't care for them either.

I found a couple other more expensive pairs, decided to upgrade.

You'll need to get that eyebrow action goin' on, too. :brows: :LOL:

Last edited:
The new ones I've ordered are official, they're much more substantial. The cheapos I'll give to the neighbor kids. I'll save back a pair for Beagle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom