Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is it I think "I didn't do anything today" in spite of doing three loads of laundry, change the sheets on the bed, and make dinner.

I need to re-learn my concept of "do nothing". :ermm:

Got our new and improved Groucho glasses today. Nice big moustache and great bushy eyebrows. Substantial glasses that should fit over DH's regular glasses. Probably not worth the price I paid, but much better than the previous ones I'd ordered.

Must sacrifice for true beauty.

This is a Very Bad Thing. DH's former workwife gifted us with 3 lbs of extremely hot jalapenos. I candied a bunch of slices in syrup, and instead of canning them, I thought, why not dehydrate them? The issue is, they taste so good, it's hard to not eat them. But they're so stinkin' hot my mouth's on fire. Then I have to have another slice.

Dang. They're so tasty, but so painful. ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1475294694.805572.jpg
I have two trays of them. DH doesn't want to subject his colleagues at work to them, so I guess they're all mine.

Last edited:
Hm. Good idea! Grandpa would hand out bags of garlic cloves and Limburger cheese on Halloween. This might beat his idea!

Heh. I made salsa with said jalapenos and some canned tomatoes. DH proclaimed it "inedible". I snuck it into the chicken taquitos. He didn't notice.

Last edited:
Why is it I think "I didn't do anything today" in spite of doing three loads of laundry, change the sheets on the bed, and make dinner.

I need to re-learn my concept of "do nothing". :ermm:

I would say you have now earned the right for some time to really do "Nothing!."

For you do nothing is sitting back in your favorite chair with a tall glass of ice tea listening to your favorite baseball club winning their game. DH is out of your way in the garage long enough for you to listen to the whole game without interruption. Or he can be quietly sitting next to you willing to wait on you hand and foot until the game is over.

We have a resident in the building that is a rabid Red Sox fan. It is the only subject she knows how to talk about. As you know, they won their place in the play offs. At the end, she got so excited she swung out with a closed fist and punched her company hard on her upper arm. Her friend now has a nice deep purple black and blue mark on her upper arm. To make up for it, she sent her a five pound box of her favorite chocolates. :angel:

Last edited:
...For you do nothing is sitting back in your favorite chair with a tall glass of ice tea listening to your favorite baseball club winning their game...
I can't just sit. My Mom always said I had ants in my pants. Nope, checked. Just a restless soul draggin' a body around, I guess.

Besides, most of the games are played in the eastern or central time zone. I'm usually working on supper for us then, so Tom Hamilton (the main play-by-play guy) keeps me company while I chop and saute. He's more conversational than my very quiet Himself anyway. :LOL:

speaking about stray thoughts........if I could put in a second bird fountain I would........we have so many migratory birds coming through Oman and it's hot as Hades.......we have had so many visit to ours and it's so enjoyable to watch them bathe, wriggle, and wriggle through the water......you can tell that they are in haven..........I consider this a gift to just watch their joy.........

I can't just sit. My Mom always said I had ants in my pants. Nope, checked. Just a restless soul draggin' a body around, I guess.

Besides, most of the games are played in the eastern or central time zone. I'm usually working on supper for us then, so Tom Hamilton (the main play-by-play guy) keeps me company while I chop and saute. He's more conversational than my very quiet Himself anyway. :LOL:

You are so right. I remember my father had to have absolute quiet when he was listening to a ball game or a boxing match. :angel:

Beagle loves her Iams Lamb and Rice dry dog food. I don't think I could eat that stuff.

So have you guys ever wondered if clouds look down on us and say, "Look! That one is shaped like a hurricane!"?

And what is the plural of Prius anyway? If you see two of them together, do you refer to them as Prii?

Ack! Random clowns are wandering around north of us. Nothing scares me more than random clowns! I've always been afraid of clowns, but seeing Steven King's "It" clinched it. I'll take a bear, lion, baraccuda, shark, or honey badger over any clown!

Last edited:
I like the one in North Carolina where a guy with a machete chased after a clown. Bet that clown won't be hanging around trying to scare people anymore. Being chased by a machete wielding person would be a rather permanent cure for that activity.

Last edited:
I am sharpening my machete as we speak. I'm also sleeping with my hedge pruners and my snippers. And my baseball bat. I'll dig out my pellet gun too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom