Stuffed Cauliflower - question for our 'down-under' friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxy, think you must have missed an earlier post of mine somewhere. 90% of the time I eat cauliflower raw. Just take the whole thing with me to watch TV and break off and nibble. Don't even use a dip.
BTW cauliflower soup is wonderful. I have made it and it does not taste like cabbage. Ditto broccoli soup. And they freeze very well.
Yup, broccoli is another I eat mostly raw. Especially the stems. When I buy them I choose for the stems rather than the heads.

Yes, I think I did miss your earlier post about eating cauliflower raw. I'm glad you brought it up again because I'm always looking for new and healthy ways to eat my vegetables. I've never tried eating cauliflower raw before, but I'm definitely going to give it a try. It sounds like a great way to get a quick and healthy snack.

I'm also a big fan of cauliflower soup. I've made it a few times and it's always been a hit. I love that it's so creamy and flavorful, and it's definitely not like cabbage at all. I've also made broccoli soup and it's just as good. I'm glad to hear that they both freeze well because I'm always looking for make-ahead meals.

I've never tried eating broccoli raw, but I'm intrigued by your suggestion to eat the stems. I usually just throw the stems away, but I'm going to try eating them next time. Thanks for the tip!

Broccoli stems can be a bit tough. Especially the larger lower parts. Best to peel them.
Enjoy!
I usually peel the stems by cutting it off with a knife. That outside layer is tough. I have tried using a potato peeler on the stem. That was enough effort that I switched to the knife. The inside has a wonderful, crisp texture.

Last edited:
Made the deconstructed version of the cauliflower again today. Cauliflower cut up into bite sized pieces instead of leaving it whole. More of the cauliflower surfaces is coated with sauce this way, giving a much better sauce to cauliflower ratio. Cauliflower cut up into bite sized pieces. Quick pre-boil in water with salt and turmeric ( I boil it for about 3 - 4 minutes to soften, but not get mushy). Sauce made separately, mixed with precooked cauliflower and baked.

Attachments

• Cauliflower 1 .png
    Cauliflower 1 .png
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Cauliflower 2 .png
    Cauliflower 2 .png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom