Sunday 2/5/2017 What's the game plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well it's an Instant Pot (IP) day! LOL DD requested soft boiled IP eggs and English muffins for lunch. Then I will give IP apple sauce a first go round. I plan on using Granny Smith, gala and macintosh apples. For dinner it will be IP bottom round roast (stew or pot roast TBD which) or corned beef, potatoes and cabbage.

We're just snacking around on... pickled herring on crackers, seafood and shrimp salad on crackers, nacho cheese sauce with tortilla chips, and some sort of chicken wings. Haven't quite decided which kind of flavored wings I'm going to make.

Got some old-school NoDak stuff going on. Meatballs and hotdog coins in chili sauce and grape jelly, a plastic cheese and Rotel dip, and carrots and celery with whatever dip I throw together. Thinking ranch and maybe honey mustard. Ha! Lipton onion soup and sour cream dip!

I planned on a Superbowl party, but DH doesn't want to entertain, so it may be just us and our divorced neighbor. DH is boring. Except when he's screeching and whistling at his team on TV. Then he's just annoying.

I will only be watching for the commercials. Hate football.

Last edited:
Posole verde is simmering away. I didn't have enough homemade stock to make it with, so I made that first. After removing two quarts for the posole, I added another quart of water to the stockpot and that's simmering, too. There's a wonderful aroma here :yum:
0205171624_HDR.jpgPicsArt_02-05-04.28.31.jpg

Well the pressure cooker apple sauce came out nice. It took 7 minutes in the Instant Pot. Then ran it through the food mill.

img_1497983_0_4be1bbc33cada0b38796045911590c21.jpg

Corned beef is cooking now.

Had a party here last night for my brother's birthday....I've had my fill of snacks, spicy nibbles, tangy sauces and beer... finally home today after another big day at the deli...just going to have a nice, quiet rib eye dinner.. stir fry some mushrooms and zucchini and a salad on the side....games on, but I'm not sure I'll watch much of it. .

^^ I don't know what that is but it sure looks good.
Thank you, Jon. It's a Mexican pork and hominy stew (the pork is hiding under the veggies) with tomatillos and poblano, cubanelle and jalapeño peppers from my garden. I haven't added the hominy yet. Later I'll finish it with lime juice and chopped cilantro.

Still had a good bit of the eye of round roast left and quite a bit of au jus so I used the electric slicer and sliced the roast nearly paper thin. Then, simmered the slices in the au jus. Sure smelled good. Made me hungry.

We'll have rice as a side and a vegetable to be determined. A couple of slices of the garlic-rosemary baguette and some iced tea will complete our meal. Might finish off the four Kroger cookies for dessert.

No football. Neither one of us cares for it. We'll probably watch a recorded movie or a disk from Netflix.

Just turned the game on, and getting ready to settle in for the evening. I made a homemade pizza tonight. The crust is low carb, so technically it's diet food. :)

img_1497987_0_0155ac1edcf1624602a160ade232f4a1.jpg

Mmmm....great looking (and sounding) dinners. Steve, I could go for a slice of that pizza, with some of MsM's apple sauce for dessert. GG, your posole verde looks really good. :yum:

I'll be having some leftover stuffed pasta shells, maybe a small salad for a side.

Last edited:
And I want pizza! I'm wondering if I should call out for one. Otherwise the plan was just for some Chinese BBQ pork I picked up at the store.

EDIT: Darn you, Steve! I just called in a pizza to go! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I called for a pizza delivery. Two hour wait. I canceled. I bought plenty of nibbles and snacks when I went shopping.

I want a slice of Steve's pizza. Hang on to a slice for me, Steve, I'm only 5 hours away.

We had a mini-party. I was the only female in a group of four, three were men. Watching football. Whch I've never done in my life. Except for Beagle and two female German shorthairs, whom she quickly out-alphaed. I'm a bit embarrassed. Sweetest dogs. Beagle made them stay in the corner.

Much love was expressed for my meatballs and cheese dip, though. Some of us even ate a veg or two, with Lipton Onion dip.

Last edited:
We had Pigs in a Blanket, and ribs with the corn black bean salad from last night.

I'm sure not a football fan and I didn't care who won, but that was the best game I've ever seen!! ZOWERS!!!!!:clap::bb::punk:

Back
Top Bottom