Sunday Dinner 8-21-16 Any Outdoor Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I picked up a beef knuckle yesterday, 10#. Going to try a reverse sear method on the Egg and make Baltimore style pit beef for sammies. Tater tots for a side and an au jus from the drippings.

Fish Fry and Craw-fish boil..........

img_1476929_0_ea0e9a54a43c21fa42f6ece45facb1aa.jpg
img_1476929_1_1bd7de72ca0e73c1382c6c5a7ba3f3a2.jpg

I have some chicken thighs thawing. I'm planning on making some pilaf and a veggie. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the chicken yet.

Repeat of what we had a couple of nights ago - burgers on the grill, caprese salad on the side. Local tomatoes are in season, and my basil plants are doing well, so it's hard to pass up.

Lazy day here today - I don't feel like doing much.
Grilled shrimp tacos with avocado and bang bang sauce - lots of lime and cilantro.

I have a nice selection of leftovers. Might heat up last nights Marinara sauce with meatballs and rest a square of the baked chile rellenos on top. Or maybe look into the thawing unmarked container in the frig. I am clearing out the freezer to make space for the chiles. The marinara sauce came from there.

I wanna go to your house Joey!! We're doing some thighs and wings later on the grill.

I roasted up some more Hatch chili's this morning. It worked out much better this time to clean out the inside nasties first. Yep, I wore gloves this time.

img_1476950_0_5b224113086b46124ab2162a20dfd537.jpg

I roasted some garden-fresh Anaheims today! I do mine under the broiler. Some for the freezer and some for chicken chile verde tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1471814025027.jpg
    1471814025027.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 186
I'm going to doctor up the smoked beef we made last weekend. It was too sweet for me, with the apple cider sauce I added. From now on, I'll go with the recipe!

Well I went back for seconds, something I haven't done in a while as I've been trying to cut down. I did mine open face style with Craig's sliced beef, caramelized onions and horsy sauce.

Went into town to take my two daughters out for dinner. We picked this buffet near my daughters house on the Quebec side. It was probably the most horrible experience I have had since the fish sandwich fiasco in Oswego, New York back in the 90's....:yuk:

Looking at all your pictures... I'm getting hungry again!

But here's my supper, Pork Tenderloin Medallions, with Brussel Sprouts sprinkled with slivered almonds and Mash Potatoes with Truffle Oil. A little bit more of spinach and mushroom salad with that vinaigrette from last night.

52144-albums1052-picture6654.jpg

Everyone's meals look and sound wonderful!

I made what I'm calling Naked Chicken Parm, that is to say, I did not bread the chicken. I used b/s thighs (so much better) and simply browned them, naked; deglazed the pan with some white wine and added my marinara and simmered until the bird was done. As the pasta cooked, I placed some fresh Basil leaves on the meat and then sliced some Mozz on top, covered the pan and let the cheese melt. Some grated Parm to finish and Bob's your uncle.
003.JPG
I made two extra thighs for sammies on Amoroso rolls for lunch tomorrow, MMM

I haven't even decided yet, although yesterday I was thinking of making meatballs in the crock pot for tonight.

However, being up all night from a fire alarm that went off at 3am, freezing outside for hours because the cool down after record-breaking temps and severe heat warnings arrived just about the same time as the alarm, and then being overcharged on hamburger I went all the way across town to get today (because it was cheap - HA!), and then having to haul groceries up 2 flights of stairs because our elevator still isn't working, does not exactly induce in me the flaming desire to cook anything tonight.

So maybe I'll have something I can just heat up in the oven. Or not (lots and lots of chocolate come to mind).

And blast it, I forgot the peanut butter at the store!

Last edited:
Grilled chicken drums in a strawberry kiwi BBQ sauce me and my son concocted, with foil roasted yams and carrots along side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm going to doctor up the smoked beef we made last weekend. It was too sweet for me, with the apple cider sauce I added. From now on, I'll go with the recipe!

Added Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and it turned out much better. I picked up a container of mixed rice yesterday, cooked some with Penzeys dried shallots and roasted garlic and served the beef over that. Quick-pickled cucumber on the side.

Attachments

• 1471833727633.jpg
    1471833727633.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 139
Some good looking dinners here again. s&p, could you please pass a couple of those fish fillets? :yum:

I made a half portion of the Picadillo recipe Kayelle had posted last week. Tweaked it a bit due to inventory - the only tomato sauce in stock was a 29-oz can. Needed 8 ounces. Opted to use a 10-oz can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with chilis. Whooo-wee! Himself loved it. I wish I had chilled a beer. :LOL: Greatly reduced the cumin since it gives me indigestion. And substituted lard for olive oil because I had it on hand and it's something that would be used in Cuba. Yum, yum, YUM! Served it up with onion rice and black beans. Himself thought he had died and gone to culinary heaven. Just wait until tomorrow...leftover corn chowder (which he could live without) and a salad that uses quinoa. Won't he be surprised. :brows:

Attachments

• 2016-08-21 22.11.48.jpg
    2016-08-21 22.11.48.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom