Sunday's Dinner - 6/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Fried NY Strip, White 'Shrooms Sauteed

in Butter & White Wine (... no Red in the House...)
Buttered Corn..........

NY Strip 6-12-22.jpg

We're having open face steak sands. Filet on garlic toast, topped with onion rings, baked potatoes...and I think I'll cancel pan roasted asparagus. One of the bulbs on the stove hood went out. DH decided to check it out and then do a super clean on it, then decided he wants 2 new bulbs for it. In other words, no light in the hood for now. We'll have a salad or something that doesn't require the cooktop.
smileys-thinking-069405.gif

We have a pork loin roast on the Traeger as I type this. I brined it overnight, with a little brown sugar added to the brine. The loin was butterflied, and stuffed with Stovetop stuffing for pork, with Craisins mixed in. I made a glaze of peaches, peach infused balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Craisins, garlic, onion, and chili powder, with a bit of water blended in, then reduce on the stovetop into a thin paste/liquid. The timer just went off, telling me that it's time to start applying the glaze.

We're also having my cole slaw recipe, and fresh corn on the cob. I'll get pictures when all is done.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Tonight for supper I baked store bought, breaded haddock. I also baked some oven "fries". There was a bit of leftover, roasted Greek potatoes form a resto order earlier this week, and homemade coleslaw. I made enough to go with a second meal. It was good enough that we had to stop ourselves from finishing it. But, there was enough fish that we didn't go hungry. Actually, we may both have overeaten a bit. I served Toro Loco rosé wine with that. I'm very pleased how that meal turned out.

Fish and chips and coleslaw and a piece of roast potato.jpg

Finally got to use my new Pasta Bowls!!!

IMG_1762.jpg

For DH, Rapini & Italian Sausage of Cellentani Pasta

IMG_1763.jpg

For Moi, this is leftover from a lunch out with Mom.
Housemade Shells & Shrimp with a Smoked Gouda Cream Sauce... this the third time I'm dipping into this leftover!

Nice bowl by the way ;)

Andy, what is "scali bread"?
Basically Italian bread, taxy. It has a generous dose of sesame seeds across the top; sometimes the dough is braided. Indigenous to the Boston area. So Italian bread with a Bahstun accent. ;)

Himself grilled the pork chops that I had seasoned Friday night. He also finished off baking potatoes and corn that I had par-cooked in the microwave. We topped the taters with a bit of butter and a plop of Lawson's French onion dip. Dessert was some of my first batch of homemade ice cream - a raspberry vanilla. T'was good!

IMG_20220612_232120467.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, when I try to attach two photos at once, one of the images doesn't make it. Here's a photo of the main dish. Tempting as it might be, our dinner wasn't just ice cream. IMG_20220612_211335680.jpg

Dinner @ the kids house.

Grandson grilled tri tip, Daughter added pilaf, roasted carrots, a shredded Brussels sprouts salad and garlic bread. All good stuff. :yum:

Best part is that D baked 2 lemon pudding topped strawberry tarts, sending one home with us. :)

Ross

I promised pictures of the stuffed pork loin. To be absolutely truthful, I used what appear to be standard measurements for brine, i.e. 1 tbs. non iodized table salt per cup of water. I added garlic, and onion powder, and 1 tbs. brown sugar for a quart of brine. I butterflied the loin, and placed it into a vacuum bad with the brine, and sealed it. It sat overnight, and to about 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon before prepping it for the smoker. Though it was tender, and juicy, I found it a bit too salty for my taste. The stuffing, and glaze were spot on though. Anyway, here are the pictures:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220612_181440.jpg
    20220612_181440.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220612_181855.jpg
    20220612_181855.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220612_182213.jpg
    20220612_182213.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220612_182229.jpg