Not Taco Tuesday 10/24/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
Our local Amish store (part farmers market - part grocery store) had bison strip steaks on sale, so that was dinner tonight.
Seasoned with hickory smoked salt, seard in a screaming hot pan, and rested while I sauteed the mushrooms.

20231024_175031.jpg

I'm not sure I'm having dinner tonight. I got up early and went back to bed, then got up and puttered around and basically had breakfast/lunch at 2pm. Then I had to go to the store and I just got home. I'm still stuffed from lunch but maybe I'll have a couple Hot Pockets if I get peckish later on this evening.

Defrosted some chicken ..
chicken defrosting.jpg
in a tub of water (20 minutes)
prepped the sauce and sauteed/simmmered then poured over the chicken. Baked about 20 minutes and spooned over rice.
sauce made, 23.10.24.jpg
Sorry, will take a proper pic of the finished dish tomorrow. Will probably have for lunch (if not breakfast). Added a bit more jalapeno this time and was beautifully spicy. :mrgreen:

Edit: oops, sorry it is Mango Chutney Chicken :heart: :heart: :heart:

We tried out a new flavour of sausage. It's called Devil Sausage and it's quite good. It actually has enough heat that calling it a devil sausage doesn't make you laugh or roll your eyes. I was tired, so I just roasted them in the toaster oven, made a salad and vinaigrette, and served with some store bought sunflower seed and wholewheat bread. For some reason, I tossed a couple of small beets in the roasting pan too.

Devil sausage and salad.jpg

We were in CT to see our new great granddaughter and I saw there was a Frank Pepe's Pizza in the are so we had dinner there. We ordered a Margherita pizza. I have to say, despite all the ballyhoo, it wasn't great. Oh, it's not called pizza, it's a tomato pie.

Photo - 1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom