Supper Thursday, 2023 April 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had a chicken breast that was just past its best before date, so I really wanted to use up ASAP. I opened the package and gave it a good sniff. No unwanted odours were detected. So, I made chicken piccata, a salad of rainbow chard, sorrel, green crisp lettuce, shaved red onion, scallion greens, yellow bell pepper, and carrot and dress it with my batch vinaigrette. I served some fusilli tossed with basil pesto as the carb portion of the meal. This time I didn't follow the recipe so much as follow @Cooking Goddess's instructions and eyeballed everything, rather than measuring. I didn't have any fresh lemons, because the season is pretty much over, so I used some bottled, organic, lemon juice. This was the best rendition of this dish that I have managed yet. Thank you CG.

Chicken piccata, whole wheat fusilli with pesto, and a salad 2.jpgChicken piccata, whole wheat fusilli with pesto, and a salad.jpg

Looks wonderful, Taxy! I'm reinventing last night's l/o meat sauce and making Stuffed Peppers tonight. I made a pot of rice, mixed it with the l/o sauce and filled three bell peppers that I had cut in half. You would have thought that I planned it to be a perfect amount for each pepper! Topped them with a bit of shredded Jack...and I'll pop them in the oven very soon.

Wegman’s spinach ravioli topped with grape tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic, butter, olive oil, and grated cheese.

The Wegman’s frozen ravioli was disappointing, for the price, but the sautéed vegetables were good.

In the future, I will stick with plain ravioli and use fresh baby spinach as a side or topping.

...This time I didn't follow the recipe so much as follow @Cooking Goddess's instructions and eyeballed everything, rather than measuring...Thank you CG.
Nice job,  taxy! When I first started making chicken piccata it seemed to be quite a process. Then I figured out no matter how I did it, if we liked the end result it was all good.

Nice job,  taxy! When I first started making chicken piccata it seemed to be quite a process. Then I figured out no matter how I did it, if we liked the end result it was all good.
I will be putting this one into rotation more frequently. I read about piccata on Wiktionary Wikipedia and discovered that it is also made with fish. I happen to have a bag of frozen ocean perch, AKA, red fish. The fillet pieces are too thin for some recipes, but they are the perfect size for this. And I am sure that sauce will be great with fried fish.

Last edited:
Looks wonderful, Taxy! I'm reinventing last night's l/o meat sauce and making Stuffed Peppers tonight. I made a pot of rice, mixed it with the l/o sauce and filled three bell peppers that I had cut in half. You would have thought that I planned it to be a perfect amount for each pepper! Topped them with a bit of shredded Jack...and I'll pop them in the oven very soon.
IMG_7362 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom