Technology Turmoil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have been suffering with a seriously injured battery in my MacBook. It’s condition is listed as “Service Battery” which is the worst level of battery performance. I’ve been waiting for an Apple Store to open so I could get it fixed.

Today I found the Apple Store nearest me was open so I got an appointment for this afternoon. I had to leave the MacBook for a couple of days. I should have it back over the weekend.

Meanwhile I’m excited to have a ‘new’ iPhone X courtesy of my daughter. So I’m getting acclimated to the differences. I had to order an adapter for my corded Beats headphones as the new iPhone doesn’t accept a plug.

I’ll be happy to have my laptop back as I find it a lot easier to do things on “the big screen “.

I replaced the battery in my wife's laptop a few weeks ago. Before that, she had to be tethered to power all the time. Having a bad battery really stinks.

My daughter loves her air pods for her phone because it's cordless and has noise cancelling tech that works very well.

The other nice thing about your new iPhone is that it will support wireless charging. That is, drop it on a charge pad and it'll charge without plugging in.

While there may be benefits to cordless charging for some, with my usage pattern I like that I can use my phone while it’s charging via a cord.

Back
Top Bottom