TGIFriday - What's Cookin' 9/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Freaky Friday !
Baked Eggplant Parmesan, Shells with Sauce, Salad.......

Eggplanr Parm.jpg

Had a craving for BLTs.
Had some cooked bacon in the freezer.
Toasted up some bread
Baked some Tots
Sliced tomatoes
Etc.

Hit the spot!

We are trying to get in all the grilling we can before the weather gets too cold. Well, on days that DH has time.

Tonight's supper was Angus beef burgers on kaiser buns with the fixin's and a white navy bean and vegi salad. The burgers were good, as usual. The bean salad turned out really good, if I do say so myself.

I was going to post a picture, but I'm having some connectivity problems and all attempts at uploading the picture have failed. I'll try again later.

I hope you have better luck with posting a photo, taxy. I'm interested in seeing the bean and veggie salad.

It felt a little like autumn today, so I cooked to the weather. Himself was thrilled to see meatloaf (Quaker Oats recipe) and creamy mashed potatoes. He was even OK with the broccoli. [emoji38]

IMG_20200904_214428827_HDR.jpg

We are trying to get in all the grilling we can before the weather gets too cold. Well, on days that DH has time.

Tonight's supper was Angus beef burgers on kaiser buns with the fixin's and a white navy bean and vegi salad. The burgers were good, as usual. The bean salad turned out really good, if I do say so myself.

I was going to post a picture, but I'm having some connectivity problems and all attempts at uploading the picture have failed. I'll try again later.

Trying again

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_190117 smaller.jpg
    IMG_20200904_190117 smaller.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 76
OK taxy, I see the salad, but I can't quite tell all that is in it. I know it has navy beans because you mentioned them. Peas? Yup. Looks like chunks of cheese? Or maybe not. What all is in there? If I see your answer before I grocery shop on Saturday afternoon, I can add items to my list.

Since your post, I ran across a recipe in one of my magazines for a farro salad with two greens (arugula and spinach) and green olives - castelvetrano, one of my favorites. It's going to be a toss-up between that or your salad for a side on Monday. Or maybe I'll make both.

OK taxy, I see the salad, but I can't quite tell all that is in it. I know it has navy beans because you mentioned them. Peas? Yup. Looks like chunks of cheese? Or maybe not. What all is in there? If I see your answer before I grocery shop on Saturday afternoon, I can add items to my list.

Since your post, I ran across a recipe in one of my magazines for a farro salad with two greens (arugula and spinach) and green olives - castelvetrano, one of my favorites. It's going to be a toss-up between that or your salad for a side on Monday. Or maybe I'll make both.

The white chunks do look like cheese, but they are chopped up, raw cauliflower. The other veg are: carrot, celery, red onion. The peas and corn kernels were straight from the freezer. If I had remembered I have a red bell pepper, I would have put some thin, julienned strips of that in too. I don't usually put leaves in something like that unless I figure it will all get eaten the day I make it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom